Windows 10: Windows 10 missing RESTORE partition in "REFURBISHED" notebooks.

Discus and support Windows 10 missing RESTORE partition in "REFURBISHED" notebooks. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Microsoft should police used and "REFURBISHED" notebook vendors who install Win10 PRO on SSD WITHOUT a RESTORE partition. This means the customer will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ricardo D M, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 missing RESTORE partition in "REFURBISHED" notebooks.

Microsoft should police used and "REFURBISHED" notebook vendors who install Win10 PRO on SSD WITHOUT a RESTORE partition. This means the customer will be unable to create a RESTORE DISK to protect their investment in Windows. It is a scheme to sell below-standard hardware with phony "Win 10 fresh install."

:)

Ricardo D M, Jun 26, 2020
  2. macbeth Win User

Notebook restore disk?

A friend of mine has a twinhead notebook. And needs to reformat it. The problem is that the restore disk is missing. So can i install windows xp on it? Will it work? How about the hardware drivers for the notebook? Where can i get them and how do i install them? And is there away i can get a copy of the restore disk?

macbeth, Jun 26, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 26, 2020
  4. alaedeen Win User

Windows 10 missing RESTORE partition in "REFURBISHED" notebooks.

missing partition

I have missing partition second partition my windows is 10 I tried to resize my partitions using some soft wares I didn't complete the action cancel and close but after I was surprising d:\ is missing . I try to recover by using everyway recovery soft
    wares and disk part prumpt and mange drives in system . restoring points tell me c is ok d is missing . in disk part prompt list partition is appear like recovery but volume list disappeared . attached with computer manage result. thanks for your help
    Windows 10 missing RESTORE partition in "REFURBISHED" notebooks. d7d42450-a3d1-4e0f-b5e8-c5a290be3f85.png

alaedeen, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 missing RESTORE partition in "REFURBISHED" notebooks.

1. Windows 10 missing RESTORE partition in "REFURBISHED" notebooks. - Similar Threads - missing RESTORE partition

2. Restore partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore partition: what is this restore partition and why cant i delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-partition/bb2ebf94-ccb7-4187-a3da-4d9332993ba0
  3. Restore partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore partition: what is this restore partition and why cant i delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-partition/bb2ebf94-ccb7-4187-a3da-4d9332993ba0
  4. cortana - Notebook missing

in Cortana
    cortana - Notebook missing: Welp, I've been running windows for some years. Yes I have tried Making sure my time zone/date/location etc lines up. I have tried everything I could think of, plus some, as well as every stupid and obvious thing the internet could think of!To be honest, at this point, I...
  5. Windows 10 System Restore and Data Partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 System Restore and Data Partition: Firstly, I know System Restore is not terribly reliable, but it has worked well for me (mostly) in the past and so it's often my first resort when weird things happen. That being said, I do make regular images and clones with Macrium Reflect to disks in several USB enclosures...
  6. Windows 10 Recovery partition missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Recovery partition missing: Hey, today after doing a clean format of my hard drive and creating new partitions the recovery one was missing. I tried to restart my pc and do the same thing again, but windows just wasn't able to create the recovery parition for some reason. Is this something that I...
  7. Missing partition Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing partition Windows 10: Suddenly, my z: drive disappeared. I also do not see it when I go to Disk Management, not even as unallocated space. My total space available in C: drive now my only drive is much smaller than my disk size, however. How can I get my z: partition back without losing data?...
  8. Windows 10 EFI partition missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 EFI partition missing: I have an ASUS GL502VS which I previously had dual boot with Ubuntu. Until the last Windows update it was working fine. I tried installing the latest Windows 10 update I guess 1909 yesterday. At first it worked fine but after a restart I realized that it isn't working...
  9. windows 10 missing recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 missing recovery partition: Hi , yesterday i format my PC clean installation , i download from windows 10 the most update copy to my USB and i format , but in the disk management dont show the recovery partition (i know from the option of format in advanced where i delete partition and format and then...
  10. MISSING AUDIO DRIVERS WINDOWS 10 (Notebook 1)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MISSING AUDIO DRIVERS WINDOWS 10 (Notebook 1): Hello People. I have this mini Pc which had all the drivers installed when i bought it. But after virus attack, i decided to reset the pc, now the audio drivers are missing. i tried navigating to Device Manager but cannot even fine the speaker icon or (sound icon). Now when i...