Windows 10: Windows 10 missing thumbnails only on microsoft sign in

Discus and support Windows 10 missing thumbnails only on microsoft sign in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On the microsoft sign on there are no thumbnails on the desktop or in file explorer, however the titles appear and work properly. On my local user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by semce2, May 29, 2019.

1. semce2 Win User

Windows 10 missing thumbnails only on microsoft sign in

On the microsoft sign on there are no thumbnails on the desktop or in file explorer, however the titles appear and work properly. On my local user sign on everything is fine. Not a big issue since I mostly use the local user account but still an issue. Windows 10 missing thumbnails only on microsoft sign in 58a884bd-d6f6-4045-a003-a3087cc083a9?upload=true.png

:)

semce2, May 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 29, 2019
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, May 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 missing thumbnails only on microsoft sign in

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 missing thumbnails only on microsoft sign in

1. Windows 10 missing thumbnails only on microsoft sign in - Similar Threads - missing thumbnails microsoft

2. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  3. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  4. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Missing thumbnails for system apps Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing thumbnails for system apps Windows 10: As you can see thumbnails for apps like settings, photos and more all have this blank image thumbnail instead of their actual logo. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-thumbnails-for-system-apps-windows-10/5a1e05cb-0c59-478c-bbfc-b6e2979f2a03
  6. Only Microsoft sign-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Only Microsoft sign-in: May I ask, how can I configure my laptop / desktop, when powered up, to only sign in by Microsoft account with no option to use an local account, for security reason.Thank you for any step by step advice.Good day. bc...
  7. Thumbnails missing, only for jpg files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails missing, only for jpg files.: That's a bit embarrasing. Most (but not all) of my jpg files (and just jpg files, movies, pdfs, etc, are ok) aren't generating thumbnails for themselves. Problem is it's almost impossible to troubleshoot this as anyone would, 'cause the internet is flooded with the same old...
  8. missing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    missing thumbnails: [ATTACH] I need HELP. I have windows 10. I am missing thumbnails ONLY for 4k 24fps video clips. 4k 60fps video clips are fine. All my photo thumbnails are fine. Both 4k 60fps and 24fps are mp4 files. I have tried everything. Tried clicking the options and to "show all...
  9. missing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    missing thumbnails: I have a monogramming business, and use Husqvarna Viking Premier +2 Extra software to customize designs. A few weeks ago, my thumbnails turned into white rectangles. The file extension .VP3, .PES, .DST and the name of the design are all correct I can no longer see what a...
  10. Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing: I've had a strange issue on two computers after the last two upgrades. After computers have rebooted all the icons, folder thumbnails are gone. Only thing left is the text or name. Clicking on the text opens the shortcut or folder as always. Had to put a backup back on to...