Windows 10: Windows 10. Missing user data

Discus and support Windows 10. Missing user data in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, My wife accessed her user account this morning to find her document folder was empty of all folders and files. Under her user account there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris (Surrey), Apr 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10. Missing user data

Hello,

My wife accessed her user account this morning to find her document folder was empty of all folders and files.

Under her user account there used to be user folders called Carole and Carol after one of the major upgrades took place years ago.

All of her documents were in the Carole folder with various sub folders and it has been like this through various upgrades. Never understood why or indeed investigated further as it was an irritant and my wife knew where the files were once shortcuts etc were added.

Today I find the "Carole" user folder has disappeared completely. At what point this happened I cannot say as her last access was maybe 5-10 days ago and all was fine I believe.

Have tried windows.old and other recovery options without success. Reloading Norton backups gets me back some but not all as the timing of the backups was less frequent.

As to why there was two document partitions I never found out as it did not hamper us at all. I think it was one of the upgrades before windows 10.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Chris

:)

Chris (Surrey), Apr 2, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10. Missing user data

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10. Missing user data

1. Windows 10. Missing user data - Similar Threads - Missing user data

2. Win10 user profile changed & related data missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 user profile changed & related data missing: Win10 reinstalled, user profile changed but using the original email, and all the files and related data from the original user profile is missing. Also, my laptop name was changed under devices. There is no additional backup anywhere other than a USB drive they the techs who...
  3. Win10 user profile changed & related data missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 user profile changed & related data missing: Win10 reinstalled, user profile changed but using the original email, and all the files and related data from the original user profile is missing. Also, my laptop name was changed under devices. There is no additional backup anywhere other than a USB drive they the techs who...
  4. Win10 user profile changed & related data missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Serious problem with Windows 10 Temporary User Profile so all my users data are missing,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serious problem with Windows 10 Temporary User Profile so all my users data are missing,...: This day 1 November 2022, i got a blue screen that i forgot the code, then my pc suddenly restart and do repair. After it done i can go back log in as usual. Then i got notification that i logged in with a temporary profile and suddenly all my users folder downloads,...
  6. Serious problem with Windows 10 Temporary User Profile so all my users data are missing,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Serious problem with Windows 10 Temporary User Profile so all my users data are missing,...: This day 1 November 2022, i got a blue screen that i forgot the code, then my pc suddenly restart and do repair. After it done i can go back log in as usual. Then i got notification that i logged in with a temporary profile and suddenly all my users folder downloads,...
  7. Serious problem with Windows 10 Temporary User Profile so all my users data are missing,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. 21H1 Update - Unrecognised User Login Passwords & Missing User Data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    21H1 Update - Unrecognised User Login Passwords & Missing User Data: I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. Windows 10 21H1 Update got processed on a Dell tower PC last Wednesday (7th July). The result was an inaccessible computer as the user was not able to login with his local accounts' normal passwords. The user does not...
  9. Solved - User acount missing but data and login are still there?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Solved - User acount missing but data and login are still there?: Hi there, i have what i feel is a unique problem here. my user acount has seemed to disapear in explorer, and the Desktop has had all the icons normally there missing. however i can still log into the acount its the only user profile and if i go too explorer and type...
  10. User acount missing but data and login are still there?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User acount missing but data and login are still there?: Hi there, i have what i feel is a unique problem here. my user acount has seemed to disapear in explorer, and the Desktop has had all the icons normally there missing. however i can still log into the acount its the only user profile and if i go too explorer and type...