Windows 10: Windows 10 Mobile Edge Browser stops working

Discus and support Windows 10 Mobile Edge Browser stops working in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a Lumia 640 installed with Windows 10 Mobile ver.1703, OS Build 10.0.15063.1689 I believe this issue arose when my Windows Phone... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ellellell1, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Mobile Edge Browser stops working

Hi all, I have a Lumia 640 installed with Windows 10 Mobile ver.1703, OS Build 10.0.15063.1689

I believe this issue arose when my Windows Phone downloaded the latest update from windows update.

When I try to open Edge, it launches for 1 second, then closes itself (never actually opening).

I have looked in the settings, and cannot Uninstall the app or even reset the app.

I mainly use Edge to view pdf files, which are downloaded from another browser which I use as my main browser (Monument Browser).

Is there any way to rollback to the previous update or do you think Microsoft will release an update if it was in fact an update issue?

I am also open to any suggestions of how to change the default pdf reader in Windows 10 mobile from Edge to another app.

:)

ellellell1, Apr 1, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Edge browser is not working!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

• Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Windows 10 Mobile Edge Browser stops working

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mobile Edge Browser stops working

1. Windows 10 Mobile Edge Browser stops working - Similar Threads - Mobile Edge Browser

2. Windows 10 mobile hotspot stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mobile hotspot stopped working: Hi,I've been using Windows 10's Personal Hotspot feature daily for about a year and a half until about a week ago.Now, when I start the Personal Hotspot my phone connects to the Wi-Fi network just fine and has an internet connection but the internet connection on my PC just...
  3. Windows 10 mobile hotspot stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mobile hotspot stopped working: Hi,I've been using Windows 10's Personal Hotspot feature daily for about a year and a half until about a week ago.Now, when I start the Personal Hotspot my phone connects to the Wi-Fi network just fine and has an internet connection but the internet connection on my PC just...
  4. Windows 10 mobile hotspot stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Edge browser is not working

in Cortana
    Edge browser is not working: I can't open my Edge browser however Chrome and Firefox works well , how can I rectify this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-is-not-working/f025f59b-84ab-416a-a65b-bd74e3d134b5
  6. Edge browser is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge browser is not working: I can't open my Edge browser however Chrome and Firefox works well , how can I rectify this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-is-not-working/f025f59b-84ab-416a-a65b-bd74e3d134b5
  7. Edge browser is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Browsers just stopped working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browsers just stopped working in Windows 10: submitted by /u/LoveLaika237 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/leonqq/browsers_just_stopped_working_in_windows_10/
  9. Edge browser is in windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser is in windows 10 not working: Edge browser is in windows 10 is not working after recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-is-in-windows-10-not-working/228ef603-8de5-4820-a485-7ce200b458a5
  10. Edge browser not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge browser not working: My PC installed the new Edge browser last night. So when i turned it on today I had it. When I tried to open the Google Keep website it opened it and then just completely froze and i couldn't use the website at all. It eventually glossed over the page and officially froze and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone browser stops working

2. window 10 mobile edge dont open

3. windows 10 mobile edge not working