Windows 10: Windows 10 mobile hotspot 'no internet connection'

Discus and support Windows 10 mobile hotspot 'no internet connection' in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am having issues with windows 10 mobile hotspot. My ethernet is working fine - have updated to windows 10 2018 October update. If I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jonno140, Oct 12, 2018.

1. jonno140 Win User

Windows 10 mobile hotspot 'no internet connection'

Hi

I am having issues with windows 10 mobile hotspot. My ethernet is working fine - have updated to windows 10 2018 October update. If I try to connect to the windows 10 hotspot it says 'no internet connection' on any device I try to connect to it. Never had this issue before - it previously worked fine. I recently also updated by AVG antivirus in the last few days so I contacted them to see if there was an issue with the firewall blocking the connection - they have spent a good two hours testing and have confirmed it isn't a firewall issue on their side, they have also tried various other operating system solutions and they haven't worked either.

Personally, I have tried all the usual stuff - uninstalling network devices, running windows troubleshooter, updating drivers etc. nothing is remedying the situation. Like I said, my ethernet is working ok, as it wifi when connecting to my router - so no issues with the hardware on the router side, or on my iMac (using bootcamp). The issue is only with my windows hotspot.

Any suggestions or help on this would be most welcome.

:)

jonno140, Oct 12, 2018
  2. lorraine walsh, Oct 12, 2018
  3. How to Disable mobile hotspot SSID

Hello Jimbo,

To better assist you, please follow the steps on how to turn off mobile hotspot on your Windows 10 device:

• Open Settings, click Network & Internet icon
    • Click / tap on Mobile Hotspot on the left side, and turn off Share your Internet connection with other devices.
    • Any devices currently connected to your mobile hotspot will lose connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Ian Lee Est, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Mobile Hotspot via USB tethered cell phone

Hi Phattie,

Just to clarify, are you trying to share the internet connection received by your Windows 10 laptop to other devices you have like Xbox? If so, we suggest to enable Mobile Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 by performing the following steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot tab on the left pane.
    • Turn on the "Share my Internet connection with other devices".
    • If you want to edit network info, click Edit.
    • Check your other device if it will detect your Windows 10 Mobile hotspot feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 mobile hotspot 'no internet connection' - Similar Threads - mobile hotspot 'no

2. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  3. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  4. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection: Hi,Asus GL702VI laptop running Windows 10 version 21H1. Internal network adapter is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. External network adapter is a USB Alfa AWUS036ACH paired with 2 x Alfa 9 dbi antennas. I'm currently working remotely and having to use a cousin's internet...
  6. Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection: Hi,Asus GL702VI laptop running Windows 10 version 21H1. Internal network adapter is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. External network adapter is a USB Alfa AWUS036ACH paired with 2 x Alfa 9 dbi antennas. I'm currently working remotely and having to use a cousin's internet...
  7. Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection: So i'm trying to set up the mobile hotpsot functionality on my PC, It is connnected via ehternet and i want to use that stability to create a hotspot in my room, however i cant seem to get an internet connection to be shared, I've created the network and changed the...
  8. mobile hotspot connected no internet access

mobile hotspot connected no internet access: my lenovo laptop mobile hotspot connected on my mobile but its showing no internet access how did i fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-connected-no-internet-access/32bf7c6d-c825-440e-9a20-314102d2cb0f
  9. Laptop connected to mobile hotspot but no internet

Laptop connected to mobile hotspot but no internet: I just updated my windows yesterday and when i tried to connected to my phone's hotspot, it doesn't have internet connection thought the internet on my phone seems to be working fine. What do you think is the problem? Thanks a lot, appreciate it....
  10. mobile hotspot cutting connection the internet

mobile hotspot cutting connection the internet: i do have a problem withe mobile hotspot when i do Activated to share the internet . I find the yellow triangle showing up on the network connection and the internet is disconnected completely from the device. I tried all the solutions such as deleting the driver or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hotspot no internet

2. windows 10 hotspot connected no internet

3. windows 10 mobile hotspot no internet connection

4. windows 10 hotspot no internet connection,
  5. hotspot no internet connection,
  6. windows 10 hotspot without internet,
  7. mobile hotspot windows 10 connected but no internet,
  8. windows 10 mobile hotspot without internet,
  9. no internet from windows 10 hotspot,
  10. no internet on my hotspot windows 10,
  11. mobile hotspot connected no internet,