Windows 10: [Windows 10] Mobile Hotspot not detected by Roku devices

Discus and support [Windows 10] Mobile Hotspot not detected by Roku devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, after much mucking about I managed to get my Windows 10 Mobile hotspot working reliably Yay My only issue now is that none of my Roku... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasonF5, Oct 2, 2020.

1. JasonF5 Win User

[Windows 10] Mobile Hotspot not detected by Roku devices

Hi there, after much mucking about I managed to get my Windows 10 Mobile hotspot working reliably Yay

My only issue now is that none of my Roku devices seem to be able to detect it. I have connected using a iPad, a Playstation 4 and a couple phones but for some reason it isn't discoverable by my Roku devices.

Are there any channel settings I can tweak. It appears all I can do is change the network name and password.

Any thoughts would be great. I used a 3rd party hotspot app and that did work so it's a Windows setting that needs to be tweaked for sure.

Thanks.

Jason

:)

JasonF5, Oct 2, 2020

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Mobile Hotspot via USB tethered cell phone

Hi Phattie,

Just to clarify, are you trying to share the internet connection received by your Windows 10 laptop to other devices you have like Xbox? If so, we suggest to enable Mobile Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 by performing the following steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot tab on the left pane.
    • Turn on the "Share my Internet connection with other devices".
    • If you want to edit network info, click Edit.
    • Check your other device if it will detect your Windows 10 Mobile hotspot feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Oct 2, 2020
  4. [Windows 10] Mobile Hotspot not detected by Roku devices

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

[Windows 10] Mobile Hotspot not detected by Roku devices

1. [Windows 10] Mobile Hotspot not detected by Roku devices - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot detected

2. Mobile hotspot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot on windows 10: I discovered that my internet stops working when I turn on the mobile hotspot. I initially thought it was the network, I had already done a network reset and wasn't still working not until I turned off the hotspot. I use an ethernet connection. Please, I would love to know...
  3. Mobile hotspot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot on windows 10: I discovered that my internet stops working when I turn on the mobile hotspot. I initially thought it was the network, I had already done a network reset and wasn't still working not until I turned off the hotspot. I use an ethernet connection. Please, I would love to know...
  4. windows 10 mobile hotspot

windows 10 mobile hotspot: I have 2 wifi network cards in my computer. ASUS PCE-AC88 802.11ac Network Adapter IntelR I211 Gigabit Network Connection The ASUS one have the best antenna so i can get a good signal down in my basement. but my phone struggels. So i tried the mobile hotspot on windows 10....
  5. Sony windows-10 not detecting Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony windows-10 not detecting Mobile Hotspot: Hello - My latopt sony vaio - Windows-10 is not detecting my Mobile Hotspot connection, although it dectects other WIFI networks. can anyone help...
  6. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot: Hello everyone,So I live in a student accommodation, and I use an ethernet cable for my desktop. Basically I don't have private internet.When I open up the mobile hotspot, my phone says "no internet connection". THIS DOESNT HAPPEN IF I USE MY LAPTOP.I tried many methods on...
  7. Mobile hotspot on windows 10

Mobile hotspot on windows 10: so i was messing with some configs and other stuff and now when i turn the mobile hotspot on on my laptop my phone sees the wifi but when it tries to connect it wont it just doesnt have wifi please help....
  8. Mobile Hotspot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mobile Hotspot Windows 10: I have set up a mobile hotspot and it works correctly. However, the hotspot is set to 'Off' after reboot or startup. How can I set it to automatically start when Windows starts. I have search for solutions on Google and, needless to say, none of them solve the problem....
  9. Windows 10 mobile hotspot

Windows 10 mobile hotspot: So I turned on the setting for the mobile hotspot on my PC,but for some reason the hotspot is not visible on my android phone?What do I do?My PC has a wired connection to my WiFi and I tried to share my PC's good WiFi connection through its mobile hotspot setting but the...
  10. Devices wont connected to Mobile hotspot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices wont connected to Mobile hotspot in Windows 10: My mobile hotspot is not working in windows 10. My internet is fine , but when my phone wants to connect to the hotspot it wont work eventhough it says that it is connected to the hotspot....