Windows 10: Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bit Blocker Key or Workaround Needed

Discus and support Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bit Blocker Key or Workaround Needed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How does one obtain their Bit Blocker Key if they don't have a copy? Supposedly its 48 characters?This instruction from Microsoft leads to a dead page,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joseph Pokalsky, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bit Blocker Key or Workaround Needed

How does one obtain their Bit Blocker Key if they don't have a copy? Supposedly its 48 characters?This instruction from Microsoft leads to a dead page, "In your Microsoft account: Sign in to your Microsoft account on another device to find your recovery key. "I didn't even know that Bit Blocker was installed on my ASUS computer. I only have the Product Key from the original Windows 8.1 install and the computer Serial Number.My computer now goes into Repair Mode when it boots up and I can't exit it.I can't even copy my files from the C: drive to a SD card using the Command m

:)

Joseph Pokalsky, Aug 10, 2021

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Aug 10, 2021
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bit Blocker Key or Workaround Needed

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bit Blocker Key or Workaround Needed

1. Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bit Blocker Key or Workaround Needed - Similar Threads - Mode Problem Bit

2. Need help accessing safe mode or BSOD workaround

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help accessing safe mode or BSOD workaround: I build my own desktop. I just recently updated to windows 11 22h2 and upon startup I got a BSOD. The error most likely was caused by an out of date driver. I can’t boot into windows at all because the BSOD pops up immediately on startup. I tried to reboot the computer 3...
  3. Need help accessing safe mode or BSOD workaround

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help accessing safe mode or BSOD workaround: I build my own desktop. I just recently updated to windows 11 22h2 and upon startup I got a BSOD. The error most likely was caused by an out of date driver. I can’t boot into windows at all because the BSOD pops up immediately on startup. I tried to reboot the computer 3...
  4. Windows Store Workaround for problems with Shutdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Workaround for problems with Shutdown.: 1. Possibility: Install over Powershell: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-microsoft-store-app-through/2a1b065d-99fa-43d2-87e6-d82923c19ab32. Possibility: Bypass certain GUI Screen which may causes the Shutdown.2.1. Go to...
  5. Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bitlocker Key or Workaround Needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bitlocker Key or Workaround Needed: How does one obtain their Bitlocker Key if they don't have a copy? Supposedly its 48 numerical characters?This instruction from Microsoft leads to a dead page, "In your Microsoft account: Sign in to your Microsoft account on another device to find your recovery key. "I didn't...
  6. Windows 10 Repair Mode: Bitlocker Key needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Repair Mode: Bitlocker Key needed: How does one obtain their Bitlocker Key if they don't have a copy? Supposedly its 48 numerical characters?This instruction from Microsoft leads to a dead page, "In your Microsoft account: Sign in to your Microsoft account on another device to find your recovery key. "I didn't...
  7. Windows 10 Repair Mode: Bit Blocker Key needed

Windows 10 Repair Mode: Bit Blocker Key needed: How does one obtain their Bit Blocker Key if they don't have a copy? Supposedly its 48 characters?This instruction from Microsoft leads to a dead page, "In your Microsoft account: Sign in to your Microsoft account on another device to find your recovery key. "I didn't even...
  8. bIT BLOCKER

bIT BLOCKER: I receive a Bitblocker message and found my key. I entered it.....and it restarted to the exact same screen. I entered it again, it restarted......to the exact same screen. I dont know what this is and I'm too old to mess around with this garbage. How do i get rid of it and...
  9. Windows 10 2004 Update – Sleep Mode Issue and Workaround

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 2004 Update – Sleep Mode Issue and Workaround: Since I installed Windows 10 2004 Update, Windows doesn’t wake up from sleep mode correctly. I can login as expected, display and cursor are reactive until I try to open the first program/app the blue circle/wait animation lights up shortly but nothing happens. When I try...
  10. Upgraded to Windows 10 from 32 bit to 64 bit Product Key Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded to Windows 10 from 32 bit to 64 bit Product Key Problem: So basically I Upgraded to Windows 10 from 32 bit to 64 bit because there was a problem on my computer's memory showing only 2.2gb usable which I made a thread about here 2.2gb Usable out of 4gb RAM. - Windows 10 Forums So I was just successful in clean installing the...