Windows 10: Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bitlocker Key or Workaround Needed

Discus and support Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bitlocker Key or Workaround Needed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How does one obtain their Bitlocker Key if they don't have a copy? Supposedly its 48 numerical characters?This instruction from Microsoft leads to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joseph Pokalsky, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bitlocker Key or Workaround Needed

How does one obtain their Bitlocker Key if they don't have a copy? Supposedly its 48 numerical characters?This instruction from Microsoft leads to a dead page, "In your Microsoft account: Sign in to your Microsoft account on another device to find your recovery key. "I didn't even know that Bit Blocker was installed on my ASUS computer. I have the Product Key from the original Windows 8.1 install and the computer Serial Number. I also have what appears to be the "full recovery key identifier" containing both alphanumeric and numeric characters. My computer now goes into R

:)

Joseph Pokalsky, Aug 10, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Aug 10, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    problem with bitlocker

Hi Roeslie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We need some more details to help you find the solution to your problem.

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your surface machine?
    • Did you notice any changes on the computer recently?
    • When you say, you have a problem with your Surface machine about BitLocker key, do you mean that the surface machine asks you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to sign into Windows?
    • Does the other computer ask you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to access the files saved on it?

If you are being asked to enter a BitLocker key to sign into your surface machine and you don’t remember your BitLocker key, you can follow the instructions given in the link below to find the BitLocker recovery key.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bitlocker Key or Workaround Needed

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bitlocker Key or Workaround Needed

1. Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bitlocker Key or Workaround Needed - Similar Threads - Mode Problem Bitlocker

2. BitLocker key problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker key problem: Hello! There was a problem with BitLocker. After setting the administrator password in UEFI, the hard drive began to require a BitLocker password. Since my computer was connected to a Microsoft Account, the BitLocker key should have been saved to...
  3. Bitlocker key problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key problems: First of all, I have complete access to my drive and windows. But here's the rub:When I bought the computer, I bought the last model off the display. It was already running, I was happy with it, and I started using it with the default user.It wasn't attached to any microsoft...
  4. Need help accessing safe mode or BSOD workaround

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help accessing safe mode or BSOD workaround: I build my own desktop. I just recently updated to windows 11 22h2 and upon startup I got a BSOD. The error most likely was caused by an out of date driver. I can’t boot into windows at all because the BSOD pops up immediately on startup. I tried to reboot the computer 3...
  5. Need help accessing safe mode or BSOD workaround

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help accessing safe mode or BSOD workaround: I build my own desktop. I just recently updated to windows 11 22h2 and upon startup I got a BSOD. The error most likely was caused by an out of date driver. I can’t boot into windows at all because the BSOD pops up immediately on startup. I tried to reboot the computer 3...
  6. Bitlocker Key problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Key problem: Hi Guy,I woke up in the morning and my HP laptop was very hot and got the Bitclocker screen showing in my laptop, I don't have a Bitlocker key I never created one so now I log into my machine.tried to go to my devices in my MS account just in case MS has created one for me by...
  7. Windows 10 Repair Mode: Bitlocker Key needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Repair Mode: Bitlocker Key needed: How does one obtain their Bitlocker Key if they don't have a copy? Supposedly its 48 numerical characters?This instruction from Microsoft leads to a dead page, "In your Microsoft account: Sign in to your Microsoft account on another device to find your recovery key. "I didn't...
  8. Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bit Blocker Key or Workaround Needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Mode Problem, Bit Blocker Key or Workaround Needed: How does one obtain their Bit Blocker Key if they don't have a copy? Supposedly its 48 characters?This instruction from Microsoft leads to a dead page, "In your Microsoft account: Sign in to your Microsoft account on another device to find your recovery key. "I didn't even...
  9. Bitlocker Key problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Key problems: My computer is requiring my bitlocker recovery key but the identifier does not match the one required. I have not changed anything that I am aware of. How do I find my bitlocker key?...
  10. Problems with Key of Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Key of Bitlocker: HelloI have a problem. The system requires a BitLocker password, provide a link to my account where the password should be used. However, after entering the link it is nowhere to be found. I have a download key ID, but I can't use it anywhere. From the panel when you...