Windows 10: Windows 10 Modified File Explorer

Discus and support Windows 10 Modified File Explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] Last night I shut down my laptop, and a few minutes ago I turned it back on to find that it installed some update (that I was not at all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Welpumo, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Modified File Explorer

Windows 10 Modified File Explorer [​IMG]

Last night I shut down my laptop, and a few minutes ago I turned it back on to find that it installed some update (that I was not at all informed of, and updates are paused, so ???). Not sure what it is or what it did, but for some reason my file explorer address bar is now unnecessarily bulky and painful to look at:

https://preview.redd.it/xcnrnu1a9sa...bp&s=e64cb972b5ef5f0df891c980bb3de626d2c377b1

as opposed to the old, thinner one.

Probably hard to see from the snips, but it is very noticeable when using it, especially since I use the address bar frequently and daily. I tried restarting my PC, etc., etc. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I would like to know if I can change this back. Thank you for the assistance.

submitted by /u/Welpumo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Welpumo, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    File Explorer Date Created and Modified not always correct

Hi,

The File Explorer may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. For us to start with initial troubleshooting, we'd like to know more information, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have?
    • In File Explorer, what does it indicate in the Date column? Does it show Date Modified or Date Created? (right click the Date Modified section at the top, which are the ones that has a checkmark?)
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jan 11, 2021
  4. BillMNYC Win User

Windows 10 Modified File Explorer

Windows Explorer is slow to update "date modified" and hampers searching for most recently updated files

Windows Explorer doesn't seem to be keeping up with "date modified". E.g. I modify a file in Word then save it to my local drive. Then I open Windows Explorer and sort by Date Modified. The file I just saved should be displayed at the top of the file
    list, but it doesn't. I have to also add that it "sometimes" works, but most of the time, it doesn't. It seems like it takes several minutes for the file system to update to sort by Date Modified. Any suggestions?

BillMNYC, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Modified File Explorer

1. Windows 10 Modified File Explorer - Similar Threads - Modified File Explorer

2. Date modified is not changing if file is replaced by newer version of file in windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date modified is not changing if file is replaced by newer version of file in windows explorer?: Hello Everyone,If I replace an image in windows explorer with the same name image, date modified is not changing neither date created. I am running a power automate flow which is picking up the latest images from the directory using date modified as a variable and uploading...
  3. How to modify the default details options in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to modify the default details options in File Explorer?: Hi,I would like to know if it's possible to modify the default detail options e.g. size, type, date modified in files explorers in Windows 11 Home?...
  4. How to modify the default details options in File Explorer?

How to modify the default details options in File Explorer?: Hi,I would like to know if it's possible to modify the default detail options e.g. size, type, date modified in files explorers in Windows 11 Home?...
  5. Trying to downsize and modify pictures using Windows 10 File Explorer

Trying to downsize and modify pictures using Windows 10 File Explorer: I have been using Windows 10 file explorer the picture program that came with my Dell desktop and I am extremely dissatisfied with it. When I click on "resize" and make the modifications and click on "save", it appears to be saved, but go back and the picture is the exact...
  6. Date modified with seconds in windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Date modified with seconds in windows file explorer: Hi! For my studies I need the exact time including the seconds from many many pictures that we made. Does anyone know how I can easily make them show in the overview of the files in windows file explorer? Right now I only see this: [img] I know that I can also access it...
  7. Sorting Files by "Date" or "Date Modified" in Windows 10 Explorer Not Working Properly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting Files by "Date" or "Date Modified" in Windows 10 Explorer Not Working Properly.: The sorting method is set to 'Date' under the 'Sort By' Option. I have tried different options such as sorting by "Date created", 'Date Modified', 'Date Received', etc. I want the latest file to show up at the top. submitted by /u/SnooLobsters7431 [link] [comments]...
  8. Date Modified in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Date Modified in File Explorer: Hi, Recently I discovered that some of the files in a folder have missing date modified information in the date modified column. Please see the below screenshots describing the exact problem. [ATTACH] When I select 'Properties' of a file that does not have date...
  9. Is it possible to modify the File Explorer "Copy to" menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to modify the File Explorer "Copy to" menu?: In File Explorer there is a 'Copy to" menu, which seems to be comprised mostly of the directories I have pinned to quick access. Is there any way to add or remove folders from this menu? -Thanks...
  10. File explorer sort reverts to "date modified"

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer sort reverts to "date modified": Every disk and/ or folder when I tick sort by name-ascending the damn thing reverts to date modified-descending if I leave said disk or folder and return. I tried "Enable_Auto_Arrange_in_File_Explorer.bat" and "Reset_Folder_View_Settings_of_All_Folders_to_Default.bat"...