Windows 10: Windows 10 Monitor Calibration - problem when switching accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 Monitor Calibration - problem when switching accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 Pro Ver 1903 (OS build 18362.329) on my PC. There are 2 accounts on the PC, my own and my partner's. My graphics card is an NVIDIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by q8115500, Sep 4, 2019.

1. q8115500 Win User

Windows 10 Monitor Calibration - problem when switching accounts

I run Windows 10 Pro Ver 1903 (OS build 18362.329) on my PC. There are 2 accounts on the PC, my own and my partner's.

My graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

I keep all my drivers and software installations fully up to date.

I calibrate my monitor using an X-Rite i1 and the X-Rite software.

When switching between accounts the colour calibration is lost and Windows appears to revert to the default profile, even though my calibrated .icm profile is shown in as the screen profile in 'display' settings.

The only way to resolve this and get my monitor back to the correct calibration, is to reboot the PC.

It is extremely frustrating, having to reboot the PC after every account switch.

Is there a fix for this?

:)

q8115500, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

I need to disable windows calibration in Windows 10

Hello,

• When you say “disable windows calibration” are you referring to Color calibration in windows 10?
    I would suggest you to try the steps under the section “Calibrate your display” to know more about color calibration in
    Windows 10. Check if it helps

"Get the best display on your monitor"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Cerawy Win User
    Calibrating monitor

I did the steps in the tutorial, but it didnt make any difference. Im using the default settings on my monitor, which is 70 contrast and 100 brightness. I cant really seem to get a good result using nvidias control panel. My monitor is too bright or too dark, and sometimes painful for my eyes.

Cerawy, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Monitor Calibration - problem when switching accounts

Calibrating my monitor

I used the built-in display calibration program in Windows 10.
    This article explains the process: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/c...tor-windows-10
    First, I set the brightness and contrast on my monitor with it's built-in adjustments so that it looked fairly good to my eyes. Then, I opened Nvidia control panel beside the window for for the calibration program and fine-tuned each setting in Nvidia control panel until the test images looked like the Windows calibrator said they should look in the instructions before each step.

MattMcD488, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Monitor Calibration - problem when switching accounts

1. Windows 10 Monitor Calibration - problem when switching accounts - Similar Threads - Monitor Calibration problem

2. Calibrating Dual monitors Win 10, separately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calibrating Dual monitors Win 10, separately: I have heard from 3 sources, datacolor, a previous question to this site and a constructor, that it is not possible to make and use separate profiles for 2 monitors perhaps attached to a single GPU card.What is the current situation? Do I need to buy 2 cards and will that...
  3. Calibrating Dual monitors Win 10, separately

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calibrating Dual monitors Win 10, separately: I have heard from 3 sources, datacolor, a previous question to this site and a constructor, that it is not possible to make and use separate profiles for 2 monitors perhaps attached to a single GPU card.What is the current situation? Do I need to buy 2 cards and will that...
  4. Calibrating Dual monitors Win 10, separately

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Calibrating the colors on my monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Calibrating the colors on my monitor: I'm trying to calibrate the colors on my monitor. I have this monitor. I'm using the digital vibrance setting from nvidia's control panel, and the colors are great. The only problem is, that a few colors, in particular green, looks way too oversaturated. 177424
  6. Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account: I have recently had to change my Microsoft account and email. I am now trying to change my log in details to windows 10 as it is under my now closed old email address and old Microsoft account. Following earlier advice I have created a local account and when I try to log in...
  7. Second Monitor Colour Calibration

Second Monitor Colour Calibration: Hi There: I have a Dell XPS 15 2-In-1 with a Radeon™ RX Vega M GL Graphics with 4GB HMB2 graphics card and a 4K screen. I also have a 27" LG monitor (27UD58-B) with a 4K screen. AND, I have an X-Rite i1 Display Pro puck and software. Now the Dell doesn't have an HDMI port,...
  8. Dual monitor colour calibration

Dual monitor colour calibration: I've been trying to figure this out for a decent amount of time and it's driving me nuts now. I have two identical brand and type of monitors, a Nvidia graphics card (1060) with the most up to date drivers (I already re-installed them). The monitors aren't aligned color-wise....
  9. Problems Switching Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems Switching Accounts: I switched to a local account but cannot switch back to a MS account. I go through the loops of putting in my email addess and password then authorising it on my phone but nothing changes at all. I am using build 10240 and have not had any problems logging on. Anyone...
  10. Calibrating monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Calibrating monitor: What's the best way to calibrate my LG 27ea33 ips panel montiro with nvidias control panel? I have tried adjusting the gamma/brightness/contrast/digitalvibrance but I can't really seem to find a setting that im satisfied with... I have also tried a colormunki smile device but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. troubleshooting monitor issues