Windows 10: Windows 10, monitor going black.

Discus and support Windows 10, monitor going black. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The monitor I use is a stand-in; it's a TV. The problem is as said on the subject handle, the monitor disconnects when I'm doing really specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lias4Win, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Lias4Win Win User

Windows 10, monitor going black.

The monitor I use is a stand-in; it's a TV. The problem is as said on the subject handle, the monitor disconnects when I'm doing really specific things. I replaced all that was in the computer, so nothing is faulty. I equated this problem being a software problem of some kind, but it usually happens when I am gaming. I have installed the latest drivers for the GPU and have cleaned the ram just in case.

The random disconnects happens when I load up Minecraft after a few minutes it just disconnects, it also happens with RPCS3 a ps3 emulator also mod loaders such as bcml breath of the wild CEMU mod loader. It is not over heating since I have had checked the temps before and it usually happens during the first minutes/seconds of launching a game.

I couldn't find anyone with the problem I have, so nobody had any idea on how to fix it in the first place so I'm coming to Microsoft themselves to ask.

Specifications:

EVGA RTX 2060 KO Ultra, Ryzen 7 2700x, 16gb ram from corsair.

If it matters, I'll post a video I made in a whim for more context!

Link: https://youtu.be/CnvZi7a7lmM

:)

Lias4Win, Jun 17, 2020

2. Monitors go black!!!!!!

Hi,

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa in the link below and check again.

Click Here

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Monitors go black!!!!!!

Hi Matt,

· Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to check if there is any failed or pending Windows updates, refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Update and Security’.

2. Under ‘Windows Update’ click on ‘Advanced Option’.

3. Click on ‘View your update history’.

4. Check whether any updates are failed, if any try to install the updates and check.

I suggest you to perform system restore as below and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to perform a System restore to gain back access to all your documents, pictures, mails, etc.

Steps:-

• Press “Windows key + R” Keys to open Run window.
    • On run command type “rstrui.exe” (without double code) and press
      OK.
    • Select the restore point and follow the onscreen instruction.

System Restore Disclaimer: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.

To contact Microsoft refer to the below link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10, monitor going black.

Desktop with dual monitors one black

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the you have tried to resolve the issue and tried many steps. I really appreciate your efforts in resolving this issue. As you have mentioned that switching the cables make both the monitor
    work so I believe its not the driver issue. I would suggest you to try connecting another cable and check if the issue persists.

Below is the Microsoft help article on How to connect a second monitor/ Multi monitors.

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

If you are facing black screen issue on the second monitor I suggest you to refer to the below thread and follow the steps given:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, monitor going black.

1. Windows 10, monitor going black. - Similar Threads - monitor going black

2. Monitor going black on 144 hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor going black on 144 hz: Hey, i just bought a new PC with a 4070Ti gigabyte aero edition, when i connected it to my 2 monitors, 1 is 144 hz odyssey g5 and other one is 60, the 144 went completely black and the 60 one kept going on and off. i bought new cables the 144 hz is connected with 2.1 hdmi....
  3. Monitor going black on 144 hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor going black on 144 hz: Hey, i just bought a new PC with a 4070Ti gigabyte aero edition, when i connected it to my 2 monitors, 1 is 144 hz odyssey g5 and other one is 60, the 144 went completely black and the 60 one kept going on and off. i bought new cables the 144 hz is connected with 2.1 hdmi....
  4. HDMI Monitor keeps going black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Monitor keeps going black: My monitor is going black but it's not my computer giving a black screen, my second monitor is working and I can clearly see my computer is fine. My monitor is also indicating that it has power and it is not going to sleep, the light that displays when the monitor is actively...
  5. External monitor going black

External monitor going black: I have a laptop with a damaged screen, so I started using a flat screen TV as a monitor connected with an HDMI cable. I actually have 2 different Dynex flat screens. Both used to work fine. Now one the larger, newer one will display for a short period then go black. The...
  6. Monitors go black - Bugcheck 0x00000113

Monitors go black - Bugcheck 0x00000113: Hi, I formatted my computer around a month ago, without changing any component in the system. Since that moment I keep getting this weird error where while playing most of the time or while lightly using my pc, my 2 monitors both go black and the pc become unresponsive, so...
  7. Monitor go brown and then black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor go brown and then black: Sometimes when Im playing games the monitor starts blinking from brown to black and then I can't do anything unless turn it off from the power button! Any suggestions what can be? submitted by /u/HB209 [link] [comments]...
  8. Monitor going black for few seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor going black for few seconds: I have a Dell SE2416H external monitor going black for a few seconds. This will happen 3 or 4 time within 5 minutes and not again for a one or two hours. I have a Dell Laptop 15-5567 connected with a Moread MDMI adapter. I am not even sure how to troubleshoot this. ANY help?...
  9. Monitor going black for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor going black for few seconds: I have a Dell SE2416H external monitor going black for a few seconds. This will happen 3 or 4 time within 5 minutes and not again for a one or two hours. I have a Dell Laptop 15-5567 connected with a Moread MDMI adapter. I am not even sure how to troubleshoot this. ANY help?...
  10. Monitors go black but computer remains on

Monitors go black but computer remains on: I have just had a problem where both my monitors went black all of a sudden, (this is not a cable/connection issue) I have been having similar problems recently where I would get display driver driver crashes where my monitors would go off but then come back on, this time...