Windows 10: Windows 10 monthly security and quality updates overview

Discus and support Windows 10 monthly security and quality updates overview in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today’s global cybersecurity threats are both dynamic and sophisticated, and new vulnerabilities are discovered almost every day. We focus on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Windows 10 monthly security and quality updates overview

Source: Windows monthly security and quality updates overview - Windows Experience Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Dec 10, 2018
  2. vonnagel Win User

Windows Update fails to install Security Monthly Quality Rollup

Hello,

I found the same problem here.

Problably the problem is related to IE11 updates.

The only way that i found to fix it was:

1 - Uninstall Internet Explorer 11;

2 - Reboot computer;

3 - Install Security Monthly Quality Rollup update KB4457144;

4 - Reboot computer;

5 - Install Internet Explorer 11;

6 - ReInstall Security Monthly Quality Rollup update KB4457144; problably this step is necessary because when you install KB4457144 without IE11 the windows doesnt install updates related to IE11 then you need to reinstall this KB after you reinstall IE11.

7 - Reboot computer;

If anyone found another solution please share with us.

Thanks.

vonnagel, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Have the monthly security update iso's been discontinued?

I'm afraid that's not what you said.

Cite:

Long story, short version:

• Most updates for Win10 are cumulative so you don't need an ISO, just make sure the most recent Cumulative Update for Win10 (e.g., KB3200970) is installed.
    • The monthly security and quality rollups (AKA Security Monthly Quality Rollups) for Win8.1 & Win7 which began in October 2016 are also cumulative so you don't need an ISO - just make sure the most recent Security Monthly Quality Rollup (e.g., KB3197874;
      KB3197868) is installed.
    • Ditto for the Security and Quality Rollups for various flavors of .NET Framework.
    • Extended Support (and updates) for Vista SP2 ends on 11 April 2017 so (apparently) MS isn't bothering with Rollups for Vista (even though Vista-specific .NET Framework rollups will be offered).

Welcome to the brave new world of Windows as a Service!

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 10, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 monthly security and quality updates overview - Similar Threads - monthly security quality

2. Overview of the March 2024 Windows Security Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Overview of the March 2024 Windows Security Updates: Microsoft released security updates for all supported versions of its Windows operating system and other company products on the March 2024 Patch Day. This overview provides home users and administrators with information on the released updates. It contains information about...
  3. Microsoft Windows Security Updates August 2022 overview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Security Updates August 2022 overview: Microsoft released security and non-security updates for all supported client and server versions of the Windows operating system on the August 2022 Patch Day. [ATTACH] The updates are available already via Windows Update and other update management services. While they do...
  4. Microsoft Windows Security Updates July 2022 overview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Security Updates July 2022 overview: Microsoft released security and non-security updates for all client and server versions of the Windows operating system on the July 2022 Patch Tuesday. [ATTACH] The security updates are available already and will be downloaded and installed on most unmanaged systems...
  5. Microsoft Windows Security Updates April 2022 overview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Security Updates April 2022 overview: Microsoft has released security updates and non-security updates for client and server versions of its Windows operating system and other company products, including Microsoft Office, on the April 12, 2022 Patch Tuesday. [ATTACH] The updates are already available via...
  6. Microsoft Windows Security Updates January 2022 overview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Security Updates January 2022 overview: Microsoft released security updates and non-security updates for all supported versions of its Windows operating system and other company products on January 11, 2022. [ATTACH] The first Patch Tuesday of the year 2022is already available via Windows Update, update...
  7. Windows Security Monthly Quality Roll-up updates are huge - are they necessary?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Monthly Quality Roll-up updates are huge - are they necessary?: Hi,I have an old MS Surface that runs Windows 8.1 OS. It has a 54 GB SSD hard drive. It's a back-up tablet that I use for browsing and a few office functions. I don't need it for high power computing.Every month I get the subject roll-up updates and the others through Windows...
  8. Windows Security Monthly Quality Roll-up updates are huge - are they necessary?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Monthly Quality Roll-up updates are huge - are they necessary?: Hi,I have an old MS Surface that runs Windows 8.1 OS. It has a 54 GB SSD hard drive. It's a back-up tablet that I use for browsing and a few office functions. I don't need it for high power computing.Every month I get the subject roll-up updates and the others through Windows...
  9. Microsoft Windows Security Updates September 2020 overview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Security Updates September 2020 overview: Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Patch Day overview for September 2020. Microsoft released security updates and non-security updates for all supported client and server operating systems. Other company products have received security updates as well on this Patch Day. The...
  10. Microsoft Windows Security Updates March 2019 overview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Security Updates March 2019 overview: Today is the third patch day of the year 2019. Microsoft released updates for Microsoft Windows, Office, and other company products on March 12, 2019. The updates are already available via Windows Update, as direct downloads, and through other updating systems that Microsoft...