Windows 10: Windows 10, most of my files have disappeared from desktop. Disk space shows almost full.

Discus and support Windows 10, most of my files have disappeared from desktop. Disk space shows almost full. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10, most of my files have disappeared from the desktop. Disk space is almost full.. Unable to find any files via file explorer. File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DenzilMerrill, May 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10, most of my files have disappeared from desktop. Disk space shows almost full.

Windows 10, most of my files have disappeared from the desktop. Disk space is almost full.. Unable to find any files via file explorer. File explorer shows desktop but when I open it it shows empty. The system restore point was not enabled, so I can not go back to an earlier date. How can I restore the desktop and or how can I find the filtes that were no the desktop to delete?

Help

:)

DenzilMerrill, May 22, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, May 22, 2020
  3. Dozdaman Win User
    Disappearing disk space..

Recently my disk space (i have a roughly half full 500gb drive) has started to disappear.. At first I assume it was a virus of some kind, but i have AVG and Spybot S&D both installed and they can find nothing.. I also can't find any humungous folders that are causing the space to go. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

thanks

Dozdaman, May 22, 2020
  4. RejZoR Win User

Windows 10, most of my files have disappeared from desktop. Disk space shows almost full.

Drive space mysteriously disappearing

I suggest you use a file/folder mapper. It'll scan your entire disk and visually show you files and folders that are occupying the most of your disk. This way you can pinpoint what's causing it by knowing where exactly these files (or data) is accumulating...

RejZoR, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, most of my files have disappeared from desktop. Disk space shows almost full.

1. Windows 10, most of my files have disappeared from desktop. Disk space shows almost full. - Similar Threads - files disappeared desktop

2. My desktop is working slow and recovery disk almost full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My desktop is working slow and recovery disk almost full: I have windows 10. Computer is slow to log on online and access files and websites. On the disk cleanup page, it says if I cleanup it’ll free up 0 bytes of disk space. What else can I do to improve performance?...
  3. My desktop is working slow and recovery disk almost full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop is working slow and recovery disk almost full: I have windows 10. Computer is slow to log on online and access files and websites. On the disk cleanup page, it says if I cleanup it’ll free up 0 bytes of disk space. What else can I do to improve performance?...
  4. My desktop is working slow and recovery disk almost full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All of my most important files have disappeared

All of my most important files have disappeared: I downloaded Dropbox to learn how to use it before Installing it for my boss on our company computer. When I downloaded it, it asked me to stop syncing my "documents" folder with Onedrive because they can't sync at the same time. So, I googled how to stop syncing and did...
  6. windows 10 full disk space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 full disk space: Hi I can't use microsoft Outlook getting a massage " the drive that contains your data file is out of disk space" My drive E is showing: 931GB used. 968 KB free. than is shows " Other 896GB" I don't know what this is, when i click on it i only see :...
  7. Disk Space Full

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Space Full: Hello, I’ve been installing games and mods on my computers HDD, which is the D drive in my case, as my SSD is pretty full. For some reason out of nowhere, it’s saying my disk space is full, though I haven’t been touching the SSD only the HDD. Any idea why this is happening?...
  8. Disk almost full

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disk almost full: I can't find where the files are that are taking up so much of my hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-almost-full/6ac6cc1b-98b3-42f0-ac72-16788709bba0"
  9. Files and apps have disappeared from my D Disk.

Files and apps have disappeared from my D Disk.: Hello, a few days ago I noticed that some one the apps and games on my desktop have turned into a white blank file and when I tried to open them it told me that the shortcut for it has been moved or deleted, which I didn't do, but for other apps it also told me that it is...
  10. Lots of "Disk full" Errors, Disks Have Ample Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lots of "Disk full" Errors, Disks Have Ample Space: Setup Background: Recently, with the help of a handful of fine folks here, I moved all of my data files to a separate hard drive (D:\) and moved all program/OS files to a new, 10,000RPM drive (C:\) then used the original drive (identical to D:\) to set up RAID 1. After all...