Windows 10: windows 10 most used app list

Discus and support windows 10 most used app list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Guys, Is it possible to increase the most used app list in the new Windows 10 Start Menu? Thanks Tony 25145 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tonymarcus, Oct 4, 2015.

1. windows 10 most used app list

Hello Guys,

Is it possible to increase the most used app list in the new Windows 10 Start Menu?

Thanks

Tony

:)

tonymarcus, Oct 4, 2015
  2. GaryS_15 Win User

Restore app in Most Used List

Thank you very much. Using this procedure, I was able to repopulate the 'most used' apps with some that I had previously marked as 'don't show in this list'.

GaryS_15, Oct 4, 2015
  3. robtoe Win User
    Restore app in Most Used List

This bugged me too, and I stumbled across a fix by accident. Old topic, but thought I'd share nonetheless:

Recap:

"Most Used" list is is populated at the top of the Start Menu as you use items. However, if you remove an item from this list (right-click, More -> Don't Show in this List) it is removed forever. It does not come back even if used frequently.

I randomly found that this list is generated on a per language (or at least input language) basis.

Note - This will remove all items in your Most Used list, but essentially resets it, so you can re-add the items you like through usage, just like when you first started using Windows 10.

Fix:

Add a new input language, set it as default, reboot. Set original language back to default, delete temporary language. Done.

Detailed steps:

1. Click on Start - Settings - Time & Language - Region & Language (left margin) or, just type in "Language" in the Search box.

2. Click "+" to Add a language, any language, but may be best to select a variant of your existing, i.e. if using English (United States), try English (United Kingdom).

3. Search for the base language, i.e. "English", and click on it to reveal variants. Click on your choice.

4. Back on the previous page, you'll see the new language underneath your default. Click on it, and "set to default". It should now appear at the top of the list.

5. Restart Windows. (This is required once.)

6. After restart, you'll see no Most Used list. This is the new one for the language you added. You may also notice an input language (keyboard) on the taskbar near the clock.

7. Head back to Region & Language (Step 1).

8. Click on your original language (2nd or lower on the list) and "set to default". Click on that temporary language, and remove it.

No need to restart again. You'll notice that as you click on applications you use frequently, they'll get added to the Most Used list again. It only took 2 launches for my browser of choice to appear there.

Enjoy - Mark as a solution if this works for you. I'll post this in a few more places where it has been asked.

robtoe, Oct 4, 2015
Thema:

windows 10 most used app list

1. windows 10 most used app list - Similar Threads - used app list

2. Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start: The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently used ones will rise to the top...
  3. Out of curiosity: how does Windows 10 sort its most used apps list?

in Windows 10 Support
    Out of curiosity: how does Windows 10 sort its most used apps list?: I have been trying to understand how Windows sorts its most used apps list (in the start menu, presumably shared with start menu alternatives such as Start10). I noticed, for instance, that if I launch a freshly installed program, it pops up high on the list. Launching my...
  4. Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu: The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently used ones will rise to the top...
  5. Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing: I have enabled the ALL my Settings > Personalisation > Start options. My Settings > Privacy >General options are also ALL enabled. I do not have most used listing or recently added listing displayed. Please help me fix this problem...
  6. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357
  7. Most Used Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most Used Apps: The other day i opened the start menu and clicked on the left side under most used apps hiding programs from the list, now nothing appears in that list and i have the left side empty. how to set again the most used apps if i have ON the option in settings but still there isnt...
  8. More items to Most used list

in Windows 10 Support
    More items to Most used list: Hey guys! I am trying to figure out how I can have more than 6 items to the most used list in the Start Menu. I have seen screenshots with more but can't find out where to do that in the options... Soooo... here I am. *Biggrin It's not a big deal so if it's not...
  9. most used apps icons

in Windows 10 Support
    most used apps icons: Don't know what you call the screen that shows up when you do a left click on the Windows icon on the main screen and a large box opens up with a bunch of little boxes of apps/programs that I have set up and use for quick access. Anyway, the programs and the names are there...
  10. Can i modified the most used apps list in start menu of my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i modified the most used apps list in start menu of my Windows 10?: I accidentally remove all in the list by clicking "Don't Show in the List" all apps is now not listed to the most used app list. How can i undo it? I try to turn it off and on on the settings "Show most used app list" option but does not undo it.*cry*cry*Sad 100%x Note:...