Windows 10: Windows 10 - Mouse clicks not registering

Discus and support Windows 10 - Mouse clicks not registering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Support Team,I want to report an issue that has been reported many times in the past but has never been solved.The issue is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David Leduc St-Arnaud, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 - Mouse clicks not registering

Hello Microsoft Support Team,I want to report an issue that has been reported many times in the past but has never been solved.The issue is that Windows 10 will, under unknown circumstances or causes, stop detecting mouse clicks left-click or right-click.I have validated that my mouse works in other computers, and other mice works in my computer, so the mice isn't the issue.Locking Windows key + L or doing Ctrl+ Alt + Del seems to "reset" the mouse detection and clicks work again.When I am working within an app or a game, this issue doesn't occur. It only happens when I am switching betwee

:)

David Leduc St-Arnaud, Jul 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Mouse not registering all clicks and sensitivity dropping

Hi,

This issue likely occurs if the driver needs to be updated. Since you recently purchased and installed a new mouse, it's possible that the necessary driver for it is not yet installed, or the driver might be incompatible or corrupted. We'd like to know the
    following so we can better assist you.

• What's the make and model of your mouse?
    • Is the issue the same with a different mouse?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when connecting the mouse on a different device?

Meanwhile, to troubleshoot your mouse issue, we suggest running the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. It will try to identify and resolve the issue automatically. To do so, please refer to these steps:

• From the Start menu, type troubleshooting and press
      Enter.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, click Configure a device and then click
      Next. Wait for the scan to be completed.

Afterwards, if the issue persists, we recommend updating the mouse driver.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Windows 10 - Mouse clicks not registering

Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Mouse clicks not registering

1. Windows 10 - Mouse clicks not registering - Similar Threads - Mouse clicks registering

2. Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering: I was using my laptop yesterday watching Netflix and it was working perfectly fine and then I had to go do something so I paused it, and shut my laptop. Came back a couple hours later and it’s frozen on the Netflix screen not taking any inputs so I shut it off. However when I...
  3. Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering: I was using my laptop yesterday watching Netflix and it was working perfectly fine and then I had to go do something so I paused it, and shut my laptop. Came back a couple hours later and it’s frozen on the Netflix screen not taking any inputs so I shut it off. However when I...
  4. Mouse left click working but not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left click working but not registering: I got a new computer as a Christmas gift and have been playing on it non stop but today the left click was working. I tried searching ways to fix it but nothing worked i resetted my computer completely but the problem is still there. could it be that my mouse is broken?...
  5. Mouse click registering issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse click registering issues: So I woke up today and went to use my asus windows 10 pc but noticed my mouse clicks are not registering half the time neither are they maintaining (if i hold click, half the time it counts as just a click). I tried resetting it and using it in different ports: nothing...
  6. Left mouse clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left mouse clicks not registering: Hi I have been having the issue where my mouse clicks on windows 10 specifically left click will not register and it seems to be getting worse, beforehand every 1 in 4 clicks didn't register, now it seems to be more like every 3 in 4 clicks. I changed my mouse and which...
  7. Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click

Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click: For about a week my (wired) mouse has been misbehaving with clicks not registering or one click registering as multiple clicks. I then decided to hook a bluetooth mouse which shows the same problems. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers and the following....
  8. Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.: Don't really know how else to describe it, but ever since I played the Master Chief Collection on steam about an hour ago, my mouse has been basically nonfunctional. It would work on some windows, but almost all windows processes, including the Taskbar and desktop, nothing...
  9. Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering

Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering: Hi, Recently the majority of the time when I try to click with the left mouse button, my PC doesn't register that I have clicked. I have done multiple tests and it appears my mouse is fine, it is an issue with my PC. I have tried multiple solutions from threads on here and...
  10. Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering

Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering: This is a common issue now that you don't seem to have any advice on. (You actually closed the other post about this issue, before offering any solutions). I'd prefer to not have waste my time to re-image entire PCs because of some BS problem that MS can't figure out...