Windows 10: Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors - Continued

Discus and support Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors - Continued in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The original 21 page thread has become locked after a response from 'Cyber_Defend_Team'. Does anyone where to find the 'Feedback Hub app.' which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Clive Crocker Clive, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors - Continued

The original 21 page thread has become locked after a response from 'Cyber_Defend_Team'.

Does anyone where to find the 'Feedback Hub app.' which is mentioned in their reply?

I can confirm, in my case, Windows has alwys been updated to latest. I can also confirm this occurs on numerous different PCs from different manufacturers, with different graphics cards, different displays, different resolutions, etc.

--

Also, I need to augment the information supplied...

1. My monitors are side-by-side. In this situation I find no way to connect them more closely than shown below. They seem to snap into position here. I can try to overlap them, to place them closer, wider... but they always connect like this. Not that I want but I can move one or other up or down to offset... and I appreciate that would need to have the effect which I am trying to remove

Anyway, with monitors like this I get the problem moving the cursor in the regions roughly marked with Red ink.

Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors - Continued ad411990-f79b-4c05-818a-0ec822cff7a9?upload=true.jpg

2. If I reconfigure so they are under each other, as shown below, directly connected and aligned, the problem is *still* present. Move cursor upwards on the left side of 2 and it gets stuck top-left.

Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors - Continued dc6cd60a-ae68-4bfa-a8a4-0357f7ba8113?upload=true.jpg

If anyone can help out regarding the Hub App where we need to report the issue, I will happily submit a bug report.

:)

Clive Crocker Clive, Mar 24, 2020

2. Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors

Using Windows 10 and the mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors. The threshold for the speed in which to stick needs to be adjustable. It is far too strong at the moment and i have to race my cursor across monitors- is laborious to deal with
    throughout a 10 hour day at work.... Please fix!

Moved from Windows 10 / Performance & system failures.

WBrannen_24, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Mike-Peck Win User
    Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors

I did get a suggestion that worked: Open the Display settings, use you mouse to drag either the leftmost or right most monitor icon (I have two monitors and a laptop, which is the center monitor) away from the center monitor icon, then release. That forces
    the icon to 'snap back' to the center monitor icon. The cursor stops sticking after you do that. If I disconnect the laptop to travel, etc., the problem sometimes reoccurs but is corrected by just repeating the steps. .

Mike-Peck, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors - Continued

Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors

Hi WBrannen_24,

Adjusting the speed of the mouse can be done in the mouse settings. Open Control Panel> Type mouse the the search field> Change mouse settings> Buttons tab> Double-click speed> modify the speed and then click Apply
    and then OK. You may need to restart the computer after doing the said steps. You also need to make sure that the Multiple displays is properly activated. Right click your desktop> Display Settings> Display> Under Multiple Displays click Extend these displays.
    If the device doesn't appear to work at all (no lights appear on the device when it’s plugged in, or the cursor doesn't move or doesn't appear on the screen), connect the device to another PC and make sure the device works on that PC. If the device doesn't
    work on the other PC, you might need to replace it. Kindly follow these steps to help you resolve your concern:

Step 1: Check your hardware.

• Unplug USB cables and wait for a little while for the device driver to be unloaded by Windows, and then plug the device back in.
    • Try using a different USB port on your PC.
    • If you use a USB hub between the device and the PC, make sure the hub has power. If it’s still not working, try removing the USB hub and plugging the device directly into a USB port on the PC.
    • Make sure that the cables on your device aren't damaged in any way.
    • Check any battery-powered devices to see if they are fully charged or have fresh batteries.
    • Make sure there’s no dirt blocking keys or sensors.

Step 2: Check your wireless connections.

• Look on the bottom of the wireless device for a Reset button. Resetting the device will disconnect and then reconnect the wireless connection. There might also be a Reset button on the USB receiver for your device.
    • For USB wireless devices, this might be as simple as unplugging the USB wireless receiver, waiting for about 10 seconds, and then plugging the USB wireless receiver back into the USB port. The wireless connection should be reestablished.

Step 3: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Go to Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter> Restart your computer.

Step 4: Update the Mouse driver. Open Device Manager> Mice and other pointing devices> Right click the driver> Properties> Driver tab> Update Driver> OK> Restart your computer. If the issue still persists, please proceed to the next step.

Step 5: Reinstall the Mouse Driver. Open Device Manager> Mice and other pointing devices> Right click the driver> Properties> Driver tab> Uninstall Device> OK> Restart your computer.

Raymond Ave, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors - Continued

1. Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors - Continued - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor sticks

2. Mouse cursor sticks to edge of only 2 of the 3 multiple monitors Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor sticks to edge of only 2 of the 3 multiple monitors Windows 11: As noted above, in Windows 11, my mouse cursor sticks only when moving between 2 of a 3 monitor setup I have. Screenshot below shows monitor layout no change from Windows 10 which didn't have this issue. The affected areas are when I move between 2 and 3, but not between 1...
  3. Mouse cursor sticks to edge of only 2 of the 3 multiple monitors Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor sticks to edge of only 2 of the 3 multiple monitors Windows 11: As noted above, in Windows 11, my mouse cursor sticks only when moving between 2 of a 3 monitor setup I have. Screenshot below shows monitor layout no change from Windows 10 which didn't have this issue. The affected areas are when I move between 2 and 3, but not between 1...
  4. Mouse cursor sticks when slowly traversing cursor between vertically aligned monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor sticks when slowly traversing cursor between vertically aligned monitors: I was recently forced to upgrade my work laptop from windows 7 to window 10 and now my mouse cursor sticks when slowly traversing between monitors vertically. I have to "ram" it though with more speed to break the monitor barrier. Moving between horizontally aligned monitors...
  5. Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors

Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors: I'm actually just here because the previous thread Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors Was locked with an unsatisfactory resolution of " Report it in the Hub App" Instead of the actual solution which i believe i have. The Issue: Based on what...
  6. Mouse sticks between screens of dual monitors

Mouse sticks between screens of dual monitors: How do I keep my mouse from sticking between dual moniters? I run windows 10, should I go back to 8? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-sticks-between-screens-of-dual-monitors/438a3028-b407-44fe-a851-8e4aa10f6549
  7. Mouse cursor sticks to corners on multi monitor setup

Mouse cursor sticks to corners on multi monitor setup: I just updated my Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 yesterday and I have 2 monitors. I'm pretty sure this is an intentional but detrimental feature rather than a bug, but whenever I try to cross my cursor from one monitor to the other and I just happen to be at the top or...
  8. Mouse cursor disappears when using Windows 10 RDS on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor disappears when using Windows 10 RDS on multiple monitors: Hello, I am setting up a Thin Client using RDP on four (4) monitors to a Windows 10 computer on VM. When I set up the session as default and all four monitors appear with individual taskbars, the mouse cursor will disappear moving from a distant monitor (2, 3, or 4) back to...
  9. Mouse cursor disappears when using Windows 10 RDS on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse cursor disappears when using Windows 10 RDS on multiple monitors: Hello, I am setting up a Thin Client using RDP on four (4) monitors to a Windows 10 computer on VM. When I set up the session as default and all four monitors appear with individual taskbars, the mouse cursor will disappear moving from a distant monitor (2, 3, or 4) back to...
  10. Tweaking resistance to passing cursor between multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Tweaking resistance to passing cursor between multiple monitors: When you have multiple monitors, there is resistance to passing the mouse cursor between them which is useful when you want to interact with the edge of one of the monitors but can also be inhibitory. Is it possible to tweak the resistance so that you don't need quite as much...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Mouse pointer sticks on the edge when moving between multiple monitors