Windows 10: windows 10 mouse double clicking and highlight feature failure

Discus and support windows 10 mouse double clicking and highlight feature failure in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot get any type of mouse to work with my windows 10 computer. When using any type of mouse the clicking features do not make sense. The mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StevenPerry5, Jun 24, 2020.

1. windows 10 mouse double clicking and highlight feature failure

I cannot get any type of mouse to work with my windows 10 computer. When using any type of mouse the clicking features do not make sense. The mouse will always click a random number of times anytime it is used. It's not an occasional problem, it is every single mouse click.

I have tried updating, and rolling back, the drivers on every mouse. It does not work.

I have tried adjusting the double click speed scale for every mouse. It does not work.

I have tried disabling the power saving features on all my USB ports. It does not work.

I have tried three different mouses from three different companies. The problem is the exact same.

I cannot use any highlight features in word. I cannot click or select specific text without highlighting entire paragraphs. I cannot place my cursor in word documents without automatically highlighting and moving words around. I cannot open documents, or scroll through file explorer without opening anything and everything my cursor even comes close to. I cannot open a single file or program at a time, instead 2, 3, or sometimes 5 copies of the program open at the same time because of the clicking problems.

My computer is barely functional. I cannot get any work done without become extremely frustrating. Editing documents is almost impossible.

:)

StevenPerry5, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Hi DorothyKaltz,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

I recommend you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method: Highlighting and copy with mouse.

1. Click on the Windows logo
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Open the mouse & touchpad setting
    4. Turn off Scroll inactive windows
    5. Click on Advanced Mouse Options
    6. Adjust double click speed – (turning this setting down will help)

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jun 24, 2020
  4. tayhwah Win User

windows 10 mouse double clicking and highlight feature failure

Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10.

When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes double clicks and open the application. Things are worse when I am browsing. Half the time every text on a page is highlighted. And on the occasion that I want a paragraph of text highlighted, the mouse drops the highlight midway.

I have yet to go out and buy another mouse just so to test if its with the mouse. Just want to make sure that it is not a Windows 10 issue.

cheers

tayhwah, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 mouse double clicking and highlight feature failure

1. windows 10 mouse double clicking and highlight feature failure - Similar Threads - mouse double clicking

2. Double-clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double-clicking mouse: For a couple months now I have been experiencing my mouse double-click, and recently it has been triple-clicking at essentially every other click. I'm sure you understand this makes using a computer extremely difficult in a lot of cases. I have looked and it does seem to be a...
  3. Double-clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double-clicking mouse: For a couple months now I have been experiencing my mouse double-click, and recently it has been triple-clicking at essentially every other click. I'm sure you understand this makes using a computer extremely difficult in a lot of cases. I have looked and it does seem to be a...
  4. Double-clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse double clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse double clicking: Hi.I have some problem with my mouse in windows 10.. It double click. For example drag and drop is annoying my mouse suddenly click the next object. I don't know it's my mouse problem or software. But I want to first try the software one. Thanks for further helps!...
  6. Mouse double clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse double clicking: Hi.I have some problem with my mouse in windows 10.. It double click. For example drag and drop is annoying my mouse suddenly click the next object. I don't know it's my mouse problem or software. But I want to first try the software one. Thanks for further helps!...
  7. Mouse double clicking

8. Mouse not double clicking in windows 10

Mouse not double clicking in windows 10: I have tried single click, updating my machine, reinstalling the mouse. The driver can not be rolled back. Single clicking works only with desktop icons and documents but not other programs such as excel and word plus a few games. I am out of ideas. Anyone solved this...
  9. Mouse double clicks

Mouse double clicks: sometime when i click the computer registers it as a double click it seems to be happening even with different mice I have tried several different double click speeds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-double-clicks/e62d6494-764f-4c16-94e5-808620d10c32
  10. Mouse double clicking

Mouse double clicking: I'm having problem with my mouse on this specific day, it keeps on double clicking even though I only clicked it once. This is a problem as it sometimes release what I'm holding which has negative effects for me to play, work, etc. I'm using a HID compliant mouse....