Windows 10: Windows 10 Mouse feels weird since Spring or Fall Creators Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Mouse feels weird since Spring or Fall Creators Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My mouse behaves different since the Fall Creators Update (where MS fixed a mouse bug) or Spring Update. My current Version is the 1809. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MicrosoftFan1, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Mouse feels weird since Spring or Fall Creators Update

Hi,

My mouse behaves different since the Fall Creators Update (where MS fixed a mouse bug) or Spring Update. My current Version is the 1809.

It doesn't matter, whether I switch the Mouse Accelaration on or off, on the Desktop the mouse is always a bit to fast and when I set the slider (for the cursor speed) one step lower it feels a bit too slow.

I am on a Notebook using the default Microsoft Mouse Driver.

P.S.: In games, like BF 1 or BF 4 etc. I don't feel this different behaviour, I never recognize and weird movement, does somebody know how I can set those "special mouse settings" video games often use in Windows 10?

[moved from German forums]

:)

MicrosoftFan1, Dec 27, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Windows 10 Mouse feels weird since Spring or Fall Creators Update pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Dec 27, 2018
  4. deemon Win User

Windows 10 Mouse feels weird since Spring or Fall Creators Update

How's your Windows 10 Fall Creator Update experience so far?

When the Spring Creators Update was a clusterfuck for me, then this Fall Creators update seemed to be like SP1 for Spring Creators update, fixing most of my remaining problems from the spring one. So yeah, thumbs up.

deemon, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mouse feels weird since Spring or Fall Creators Update

1. Windows 10 Mouse feels weird since Spring or Fall Creators Update - Similar Threads - Mouse feels weird

2. Spring Creators Update 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spring Creators Update 2018: Quick question [PANIC] is the HP 15-f010 wm compatible with the update because last time I tried I had to reinstall windows and I'm trying again (Note to self: GOD IM SO SMART BUT SO STUPID AT THE SAME TIME)...
  3. windows 10 spring creators update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 spring creators update: Can't do update. Finds issues. Avira Antivir. The suggested file Avipbb.sys is not found & all old Avira folders are deleted. I ran AviraRegistercleaner in safe mode & it completed successfully. Back in regular mode & get the same issue with update. I am not currently using...
  4. Mouse feeling weird since Windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse feeling weird since Windows 10 1803: Hello everybody :) , Since Windows 10 CU in April my mouse feels everytime a too fast or too slow, when I disable the mouse accelaration.. I know, that it seems to be a common issue for some people which came with 1803, while MS fixed some other mouse bugs, which...
  5. Low gaming fps since Fall Creators update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low gaming fps since Fall Creators update.: what do you use to stream? shadowplay? if so.. turn it off and see how your game runs.
  6. AutoComplete not working in Edge Since Fall Creators Update?

in Browsers and Email
    AutoComplete not working in Edge Since Fall Creators Update?: Hello, I remember before the Fall Creators Update, Edge would autofill certain pages addresses that I visited before when I start typing a word of the subject that the page is discussing (thus not necessarily the address itself). This does not seem to work anymore...
  7. Since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - Update Packages weird

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - Update Packages weird: Hi, Since the update, Microsoft is pushing strange Update Packages to me. Before the Update, everything was fine, now the Text says i.e.: for AMD64 based systems KB4051963 but what the heck, I do have a x64 based system (Intel). I don't now now if it is just the...
  8. WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update: I just downloaded the above mentioned update and it looks like some fun things are here. I am interested in giving "Paint 3D" a shot although I am told it's designed for touch screen and I don't use one. Here's the problem---it has force fed me "OneDrive" which I am not a...
  9. Mouse lag after fall creators update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mouse lag after fall creators update: After installing the last big fall creators update, I'm getting mouse lag, not only in games but also inside of windows. The mouse will sort of pause when I mouse over things that might highlight in windows. I already reinstalled the Logitech software, and I updated the...
  10. Weird Renaming problem after Fall Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Renaming problem after Fall Creators Update.: I have the strangest problem after the Fall Creators Update. I normally view the contents of my folders in Small Icon View. Now anything in this view, I cannot rename. Right click, choose rename and nothing happens. If I change the view to anything other than small icons I...