Windows 10: Windows 10 Mouse issue (can move mouse but cannot click anything)

Discus and support Windows 10 Mouse issue (can move mouse but cannot click anything) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I want to preface by saying this is now the second time (and second account - will get to that later) that this has happened. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wallz, Aug 21, 2016.

1. wallz Win User

Windows 10 Mouse issue (can move mouse but cannot click anything)

Hello,

I want to preface by saying this is now the second time (and second account - will get to that later) that this has happened.

This morning, I go to wake up my computer from sleep (Windows 10, now with Anniversary update) and it seemingly crashes and restarts. When I go sign back in, the mouse works fine. Once loaded up the mouse can move around, but when I click on anything, no clicks register. The Mouse is a Logitech G502 Spectrum attached to the USB pass-through of a Corsair Strafe. I go attach it to another USB port (on the front of my PC tower) and once again the mouse moves, but I still cannot click anything. Long story short, I go to remove mouse drivers and restart. Same thing - i can use and click mouse on log in screen but not logged in. Oh, I also tried another mouse with same results (another Logitech)

I did the same thing I did last time - I created several other user accounts and logged into my emergency one. The mouse clicks are now registered albeit without all my stuff in the right places. I want to be able to access this account again only being able to click my mouse on stuff. My accounts don't have a Microsoft email attached to them, they are local accounts - personal preference.

This happened once before (but before the Anniversary Update). This account that doesn't work on is a replacement account for the now deleted main account I had that had the same problem. I am now typing this on a 3rd account with mouse control and dread having to re-download stuff and doing all the customization things again.

Any way to save my Windows account where mouse can't click anything?

Do I just start all over and reinstall Windows? I feel this may happen again eventually to any account I have.

:)

wallz, Aug 21, 2016

2. Mouse isnt working anymore since updated to WIndows 10

I have a windows laptop and just updated to windows 10 and the mouse stopped working but you can move it around. The trackpad wont let me click on anything but will only let move the mouse. can somebody help

DominicSalazar, Aug 21, 2016
  3. Mouse pad not working after upgraded to windows 10

Original Title: Mouse Pad

My mouse pad is moving but I cannot click on anything. someone please help me. I tried to fix it in my setting's but I am very lost. I also upgraded to windows 10.

lucyventura, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Mouse issue (can move mouse but cannot click anything)

1. Windows 10 Mouse issue (can move mouse but cannot click anything) - Similar Threads - Mouse issue move

2. Mouse moves cursor but will not click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse moves cursor but will not click: Mouse works cursor but will not click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-moves-cursor-but-will-not-click/2d4d4832-2f99-4ab8-aa45-094455f49a79
  3. Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.: Today, I was on Discord and playing The Sims 4 at the same time. My computer was behaving fine until I went to click the minimize button on Discord, then I heard a Windows error sound and my entire computer froze. I was really confused and then tried to move the mouse, and it...
  4. Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.: Today, I was on Discord and playing The Sims 4 at the same time. My computer was behaving fine until I went to click the minimize button on Discord, then I heard a Windows error sound and my entire computer froze. I was really confused and then tried to move the mouse, and it...
  5. Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly: Recently my mouse cursor started randomly teleworking to the bottom left corner. At first it just telephoned, then it started to click once in a while, now after restarting my pc it is teleworking into the corner constantly and clicking irradically. I have disconnected my...
  7. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly: Recently my mouse cursor started randomly teleworking to the bottom left corner. At first it just telephoned, then it started to click once in a while, now after restarting my pc it is teleworking into the corner constantly and clicking irradically. I have disconnected my...
  8. Mouse moves but cant click anything.

Mouse moves but cant click anything.: Hi, I am experiencing an issue where sometimes I cannot click anything, CTRL+ ALT+ DELETE takes 2 seconds to load, then it seems to snap out of whatever funk it was in. I have already tried sfc scannow, but the problem still persists. Please help me find a permanent fix for...
  9. Mouse will move but not click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse will move but not click?: My pc makes a noise like something is being connected after it is restarted and about 5 seconds after home screen appears then my mouse will still move but not click. When it’s booted in safe mode the mouse works fine. Nothing is being connected to my PC so I have no idea...
  10. Windows 10 freezes up not responding mouse still moves but cannot click on anything,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes up not responding mouse still moves but cannot click on anything,...: Please help, its been happening quite often and its really fustrating. The entire system locks up and stays with a spinning blue circle after a while. The keyboard doesnt respond either so I cant bring up the task manager but even if I do I cant click on anything and always...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot move mouse but can click

2. mouse can move but cannot click