Windows 10: Windows 10 - mouse keeps closing down.

Discus and support Windows 10 - mouse keeps closing down. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; if left for a while the mouse returns but goes again after about 10 mins.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tonyelvin1, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - mouse keeps closing down.

if left for a while the mouse returns but goes again after about 10 mins.

:)

tonyelvin1, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 - mouse keeps closing down.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - mouse keeps closing down.

1. Windows 10 - mouse keeps closing down. - Similar Threads - mouse keeps closing

2. File Explorer keeps closing down by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer keeps closing down by itself: On my work laptop file for the last few weeks file explorer keeps closing itself. It is driving me mad. Is there a way to sort this issue?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-keeps-closing-down-by-itself/53de4f5c-c6a4-4f86-8e0b-e70ff648d138
  3. File Explorer keeps closing down by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer keeps closing down by itself: On my work laptop file for the last few weeks file explorer keeps closing itself. It is driving me mad. Is there a way to sort this issue?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-keeps-closing-down-by-itself/53de4f5c-c6a4-4f86-8e0b-e70ff648d138
  4. Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly: I have only had Windows 10 for a couple of months now and I have been having problems with it shutting down over night and sometimes after a few hours in the daytime. I have changed my settings to no sleeping, checked most of my software that updates automatically and reboots...
  5. Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly: I have only had Windows 10 for a couple of months now and I have been having problems with it shutting down over night and sometimes after a few hours in the daytime. I have changed my settings to no sleeping, checked most of my software that updates automatically and reboots...
  6. Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly

7. Mouse keeps going down in games and such.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse keeps going down in games and such.: it just keeps going down not scrolling just like goes down without me doing anything i havent done anything with settings or something and i tried to google the problem but could not find anything so i did the natrually and thought it was a mouse problem but apparently...
  8. Programmes keep closing down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programmes keep closing down: I have a 21inch Lenovo all in one touch screen desk top Of recent if I open a programme to send or receive dialogue whether it be Twitter , Facebook or even windows community like this one. It then shrinks the operating window to a small size. then software says do you wish...
  9. Microsoft Jigsaw -keeps crashing and closing down

Microsoft Jigsaw -keeps crashing and closing down: My wife has a new Surface Go 128gb version to replace her old Windows 10 tablet. She has played the Microsoft Jigsaw app for several years and it worked fine on her old Linx tablet. It launches on the Go in windows 10 S but crashes/closes down as soon as she tries to open a...
  10. Microsoft Edge keeps closing down

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing down: In my favourites bar in Edge I have more favourites folders than there is space for across the screen so there is a down arrow on the right. When I click on this down arrow the remaining favourites folders appear. If I launch Edge, click on the down arrow and select one of...