Windows 10: Windows 10, Mouse Lag - Sluggish window dragging with Office apps

Discus and support Windows 10, Mouse Lag - Sluggish window dragging with Office apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When trying to drag any Office program open window using the mouse, the drag is very slow, severely lagging behind the mouse motion. This only happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jgreg7, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Jgreg7 Win User

Windows 10, Mouse Lag - Sluggish window dragging with Office apps

When trying to drag any Office program open window using the mouse, the drag is very slow, severely lagging behind the mouse motion. This only happens with Office programs, all other windows work normally. This issue started about a month ago with a windows/office update.

I have tried the following:
    • Reinstall the latest mouse drivers,
    • Three different mice, one USB, One USB wireless, one Bluetooth
    • Update Windows and Office

Nothing made any difference. When this happens, there is plenty of available memory, and CPU capacity. This seems to be a problem only related to Office programs.

Previous posts on this do not seem to address the same issue with only the Office programs.

Any ideas how to correct this?

:)

Jgreg7, Jun 22, 2018
  2. AGavin Win User

Mouse lag when dragging Office Windows only

I just started to get mouse lag when moving Excel or Word docs. It's very strange because if I drag/move any other window there is no problem. It is specific to the Office programs. There is not skipping or freezing, it just moves very very slowly.

I'm using Windows 10. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

AGavin, Jun 22, 2018
  3. AGavin Win User
    Mouse lag when dragging Office Windows only

It is so weird. When I start Excel or Word I can grab that window and drag it/move it fast. Once I choose to start a blank workbook, now the window becomes very slow to drag/move and lags behind my mouse movement. Does that make sense?

AGavin, Jun 22, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10, Mouse Lag - Sluggish window dragging with Office apps - Similar Threads - Mouse Lag Sluggish

2. Mouse Button Drag Lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse Button Drag Lag: In Win 10, I select files in a folder, by holding down the mouse button, and dragging the arrow cursor over the files that I wish to select, but there is a serious delay or lagging of the blue shading, as the files are selected. How can this lagging be rectified? I appears to...
  3. Mouse Button Drag Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Button Drag Lag: In Win 10, I select files in a folder, by holding down the mouse button, and dragging the arrow cursor over the files that I wish to select, but there is a serious delay or lagging of the blue shading, as the files are selected. How can this lagging be rectified? I appears to...
  4. Mouse Button Drag Lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mouse lagging then dragging windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse lagging then dragging windows: im trying to drag a window but at some point it just stops im not sure if it happened before can someone help me fix it without resetting windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-lagging-then-dragging-windows/9db140cd-d183-4d82-872d-b6c9a6bab13d
  6. Windows 10 mouse lag when dragging (Holding left click, dragging icons and clicking on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 mouse lag when dragging (Holding left click, dragging icons and clicking on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kein_Humor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g190gy/windows_10_mouse_lag_when_dragging_holding_left/
  7. sluggish mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sluggish mouse: Hi, Im having an issue with my mouse feeling floaty and sluggish. Its not 1:1. ( Only in games). Might be because of the recent update? Its def not my mouse, because it happens on all of them. Also tried reinstalling drivers but wasnt succesfull. Does anyone have the same...
  8. Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates: OS: Win 10 1803 (17134.191) MSI Z170 GTX 960 I5-6600k SSD Samsung 850 (stock or OC does not matter for the proposed problem) A year ago I had the problem that my PC would not shut down - resulting in a clean installation that was guided by a senior advisor from...
  9. Lagging Mouse in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lagging Mouse in Windows 10: Ok, so recently (5 days ago) i did a fresh install of my computer. Once I got everything back up and running, my mouse cursor started to lag. So, i thought, well maybe there was a corrupted file somehow, so I done it again. I actually used the "System Recovery" in Windows 10...
  10. Sluggish Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sluggish Mouse: I know that this has been a problem virtually since Windows 10 was released. I've been following the various threads on the subject and have attempted to implement most of the claimed fixes but, sadly, the problem of drag still exists. At times my system is close to unusable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel window moves slow when dragging

2. windows 10 window dragging lag

3. windows 10 drag lag

4. windows 10 slow dragging windows,
  5. windows 10 slow window dragging,
  6. office drag lag,
  7. windows 10 excel dragging slow,
  8. dragging excel window slow,
  9. windows 10 windows drag slow,
  10. sluggish windows dragging windows 10,
  11. excel lags when dragging,