Windows 10: Windows 10 - mouse not clicking on startup screen, but moving ok. Then works once into...

Discus and support Windows 10 - mouse not clicking on startup screen, but moving ok. Then works once into... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, looking for some help. All of a sudden last week my mouse stopped clicking on the Windows 10 startup screen. It moves ok though. Once I tab and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maxbg2, Jan 12, 2020.

1. maxbg2 Win User

Windows 10 - mouse not clicking on startup screen, but moving ok. Then works once into...

Hi, looking for some help. All of a sudden last week my mouse stopped clicking on the Windows 10 startup screen. It moves ok though.

Once I tab and then enter my password, it clicks like normal.

Why wont it 'click' on the startup. Have I accidentally disabled something I didn't know could be disabled?

I've tried different mouses, and the same issue.

Please help.

Thanks.

:)

maxbg2, Jan 12, 2020

2. Right mouse click in laptop not working but USB mouse is ok.

Hi Jim,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Note: Try to uncheck the box
    switch primary and secondary mouse buttons
    in control panel and check if it helps.

As you have updated the Mouse drivers, kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Hardware and devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Method 2:

It could be a third party program causing an issue.
    I suggest you to check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode with Networking. Follow the below steps:

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with networking:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to access settings menu.

• Select Update &
      security
      and click on Recovery.

• Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options
      > Startup Settings >Restart.

• After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.
    If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode with Networking, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

By setting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a Clean Boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot” from the above article.

Reference: I suggest you to refer to the below article to troubleshoot mouse problems.

Troubleshooting: Mice

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/mouse/mouse

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - mouse not clicking on startup screen, but moving ok. Then works once into...

Mouse and trackpad will move, but not click

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please answer the following for us to assist you further:

What is the make and model of your computer?

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot with trackpad on Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-touchpad-problems-in-windows-10

Method 1: I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type in search bar as control panel.

• Then select troubleshooting.

• Click on hardware and sound option.

• Then click on “hardware and devices “and follow the on screen instructions.
    Method 2: Update the mouse drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to update the keyboard drivers

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. Right-click on the mice, keyboard and game controllers
    and select Update Drivers.

c. Follow the prompted steps to complete updating the drivers.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ruth Buruga, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - mouse not clicking on startup screen, but moving ok. Then works once into...

1. Windows 10 - mouse not clicking on startup screen, but moving ok. Then works once into... - Similar Threads - mouse clicking startup

2. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly: Recently my mouse cursor started randomly teleworking to the bottom left corner. At first it just telephoned, then it started to click once in a while, now after restarting my pc it is teleworking into the corner constantly and clicking irradically. I have disconnected my...
  3. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly: Recently my mouse cursor started randomly teleworking to the bottom left corner. At first it just telephoned, then it started to click once in a while, now after restarting my pc it is teleworking into the corner constantly and clicking irradically. I have disconnected my...
  4. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Mouse not moving in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not moving in screen: Hi there, I’m having an issue with my mouse. I currently can’t move the pointer anywhere on the screen once I’ve logged in, the pointer tries to move but just zips back to the same spot. It’s also just vibrating on the same spot on the screen. When I reboot my computer it...
  6. Mouse will move but not click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse will move but not click?: My pc makes a noise like something is being connected after it is restarted and about 5 seconds after home screen appears then my mouse will still move but not click. When it’s booted in safe mode the mouse works fine. Nothing is being connected to my PC so I have no idea...
  7. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and keyboard not working on startup screen: I suspect the latest update, this has happened before. Previously, booting into safe mode worked for solving this problem, but it hasnt worked this time. Looking for next steps. Also the password from my live account isn't working on my computer. I would like to keepy...
  8. when i click mouse once it clicks twice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i click mouse once it clicks twice: when i click mouse once it clicks very fast to two clicks messing up my ability to navigate using my mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-mouse-once-it-clicks-twice/4a9e7ab7-0370-41eb-8ee8-b15be1b702ca
  9. Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking

Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking: Okay, so first off I want to say that one of my 3.0 drives has had this problem for a while, but now it's all my drives. It only moves barely and it bothers me, I can barely do anything on here now. I'm not sure if it's my mouse or the computer. But my computer has had a lot...
  10. Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click

Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click: I have a brand new asus laptop, and i can move the mouse, but it won't click, the button nor the sensor register a click. i am currently using a old corded mouse i had. please help. 13193