Windows 10: Windows 10 mouse pointer lag/general lag

Discus and support Windows 10 mouse pointer lag/general lag in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a pretty powerful computer, running an i7, nvidia 980 gtx, 16GB ddr3 ram, all on a 1TB SSD. Just upgraded from 8.1 which was extremely smooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by prgmitchell, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 mouse pointer lag/general lag

I have a pretty powerful computer, running an i7, nvidia 980 gtx, 16GB ddr3 ram, all on a 1TB SSD.

Just upgraded from 8.1 which was extremely smooth and 10 feels LAGGY.
    The mouse pointer seems to lag and even explorer windows seem to stutter as I drag them around the desktop.

I tried out the technical preview and it was doing this so I went back to 8.1 and I thought it was just a beta issue.
    After installing today its better than it was during the preview but still not nearly as smooth as 8.1
    There was a new nvidia driver that released along side windows 10 so IDK if that is what helped.

Either way, IDK what to do guys....help please!

EDIT: It almost feels like my monitor isn't refreshing as fast and thats the lag I'm feeling? But it didn't exist on windows 8 so I know its a software problem. Using a 28" samsung 4k monitor but running at 2560 x 1440 just like i was on 8.1

:)

prgmitchell, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Bob123# Win User

Bluetooth Mouse lag

Hi all:

I also have mouse cursor/pointer lag/latency using a Logitech M557 Bluetooth mouse.

I have a Dell Vostro 3550 laptop.

This lag seems to still occur even when I turn off my Bluetooth keyboard and Bluetooth speaker.

I seem to get the terrible mouse pointer lag only when I'm browsing the Internet. So I don't think it would be interference, since I would think interference would cause the same mouse pointer lag when I'm not browsing the Internet.

Anyone else have any ideas on why my computer seems to only give mouse pointer lag just when I'm browsing the Internet?

I do have a 300 Meg up and down FIOS connection. So I don't think it's a slow Internet connection.

Thanks much,

Bob

Bob123#, Jul 29, 2015
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

Windows 10 mouse pointer lag/general lag

Run the Task Manager (right click on the Task Bar or start from the Start Menu) and see what's running, taking cpu, ram, or using the hard disk. Maybe this will give a hint what might be going on. Click on "More details" for a detailed view.

Antilope, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Windows 10 mouse pointer lag/general lag [​IMG]
    cpu usage just maxed out at like 5%....im stuck here :/

6. Antilope Win User
    I would be looking at the Nvidia site to see if they offer Windows 10 drivers. Might be the video driver. Check the Device Manager and make sure Windows 10 hasn't automatically loaded the wrong driver for your video card.

Antilope, Jul 29, 2015
  7. uninstalling the nvidia driver and just running without any graphics driver at 1024 x 600 gets rid of the lag so its a problem with the nvidia drivers. idk how to fix tho -_-

edit: posted at the same time as you. the driver i have installed is apparently for windows 10 but still having the problem. downloaded straight from nvidias site.

Windows 10 mouse pointer lag/general lag [​IMG]

8. Antilope Win User

Probably have to wait until new drivers are released, or get a Windows 10 compatable video card in the long run if they don't release any new drivers.

Antilope, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Thats dumb -_- and lol my card better be "compatible" it's one of their most expensive cards.

10. Antilope Win User
    Over in the Drivers and Hardware section of this site is a discussion thread about Nvidia Windows 10 drivers. Other people are also having problems.

Antilope, Jul 29, 2015
  11. derek10 Win User
    delete duplicated message

derek10, Jul 29, 2015
  12. derek10 Win User
    and games and such run fine? did you check with GPU-Z
    I have a low end Nvidia GT610 using that same driver from Nvidia and Windows desktop is smooth as butter...

derek10, Jul 29, 2015
  13. Windows 10 mouse pointer lag/general lag

SOLVED!

Opened up Nvidia control panel and reselected the resolution that I wanted and it defaulted to 30hz, wasn't allowing 60hz. Selected a different resolution and then selected it again and the 60hz option showed up.

Really weird problem.

14. DaveJffrs Win User
    I know an old message but for those who search, go to device manager, universal serial bus management, and and root hub double click and go to power management....uncheck "allow computer to turn off to save power". I checked all in this folder as well as Human Interface Devices. Worked for me.

DaveJffrs, Aug 13, 2016
  15. purelocal Win User
    I'm having the same issue although it looks like another cause, as of today my Windows 10 system is experiencing lag times where the mouse disappears and it pauses whilst the computer makes beeeping sounds..When I turn off the internet the issue goes away. What could be the issue here? Thanks from Katie @

purelocal, Oct 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 mouse pointer lag/general lag - Similar Threads - mouse pointer lag

2. laptop lag and mouse pointer slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop lag and mouse pointer slow: While using my laptop, it intermittently experiences significant lag and freezes, causing applications to open and perfome slowly and the mouse pointer to become unresponsive and gets lag . I typically resolve this issue by restarting the laptop, after which everything...
  3. laptop lag and mouse pointer slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop lag and mouse pointer slow: While using my laptop, it intermittently experiences significant lag and freezes, causing applications to open and perfome slowly and the mouse pointer to become unresponsive and gets lag . I typically resolve this issue by restarting the laptop, after which everything...
  4. Mouse pointer lag not smooth on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer lag not smooth on windows 11: So i am playing a game on my laptop and i dont know why my mouse suddenly laggy and it really affect performance in game. can someone help on how to solve this issue. it would be really helpfull....
  5. Mouse pointer lag not smooth on windows 11

Mouse pointer lag not smooth on windows 11: So i am playing a game on my laptop and i dont know why my mouse suddenly laggy and it really affect performance in game. can someone help on how to solve this issue. it would be really helpfull....
  6. Mouse pointer lag after playing a games

Mouse pointer lag after playing a games: Hi community,I have a strange problem I need help with. While playing games under Windows 10 on an iMac I get an extreme lag of the mouse pointer maybe after an hour of play, sometimes more, sometimes less. The lag is only with the mouse pointer, when i’m in first person mode...
  7. Mouse pointer lag after playing a games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer lag after playing a games: Hi community,I have a strange problem I need help with. While playing games under Windows 10 on an iMac I get an extreme lag of the mouse pointer maybe after an hour of play, sometimes more, sometimes less. The lag is only with the mouse pointer, when i’m in first person mode...
  8. My pointer is lagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pointer is lagging: Hello, I installed Windows 10 yesterday but my pointer is lagging. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pointer-is-lagging/bc22548e-9d7e-4f8f-aaa0-224582443926
  9. Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Even though we have a touch screen based Windows 10 devices, the mouse remains an important part of usage, especially when you want to do some hardcore work. When using Touch, it’s a bit hard to drag – and when [...] This post Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on...
  10. Mouse pointer lags and videos lagging

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse pointer lags and videos lagging: Hi, For the past week, I have noticed that sometimes the youtube videos lags and sometimes even my mouse pointer lags a lot. I am not sure on why this is occuring. I have used CCleaner to clean up the temporary files. I have screenprinted the resource monitor window, if...