Windows 10: Windows 10 - Mouse/Touchpad move cursor, but can't click

Discus and support Windows 10 - Mouse/Touchpad move cursor, but can't click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer will randomly "freeze", meaning that I can move my mouse around, but clicking on things like my browser or the start bar doesn't do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BrittleWind, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Windows 10 - Mouse/Touchpad move cursor, but can't click

My computer will randomly "freeze", meaning that I can move my mouse around, but clicking on things like my browser or the start bar doesn't do anything. I looked around online and the only "solution" I found was to press ctrl+alt+delete, then press cancel.
    I have tried updating my drivers, but Windows tells me that they are all up-to-date. I also tried doing a system restore, but unfortunately, I don't have any restore points set up. Its not my mouse that's broken because I've tried several, including the touchpad on the laptop itself, and they still don't work. So far, I haven't been able to find a pattern for what the cause is, but it occurs about two times a minute.
    Any ideas on what the problem might be and how I should fix it?

Edit: After messing around a bit, I discovered that it is only the left-click button that isn't working. The computer is still registering my mouse because I can see hover effects, and right-clicking still works.

:)

BrittleWind, Nov 20, 2016
  2. vlantr Win User

Laptop mouse touchpad not working after installation of Windows 10

After I installed Windows 10 on my Asus laptop, my mouse touchpad stopped working and the cursor didn't move again. Yet an external mouse plugged in functions ok. Does anybody know how I can connect my mouse touchpad with the cursor again?

vlantr, Nov 20, 2016
  3. Lumia 950 XL Continuum problem with tactil mouse

I've never used a BT mouse but the touchpad cursor (on my 950XL) when using Continuum is jerky/erratic. Basically, I cannot accurately click on anything. When I try to do so, the cursor moves to a different spot. The issue appears to be that the touchpad
    is wayyyy too sensitive when it comes to the click location. You have to move the cursor, then attempt clicking in the *exact same spot* where the cursor stopped.

PatrickFitzgerald3, Nov 20, 2016
  4. Askboy4 Win User

Windows 10 - Mouse/Touchpad move cursor, but can't click

Can u show me a picture of your mouse when clicking on things? will it stay as an arrow? or turns into a hand? I think this also happend to me

Askboy4, Nov 20, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 - Mouse/Touchpad move cursor, but can't click

1. Windows 10 - Mouse/Touchpad move cursor, but can't click - Similar Threads - Mouse Touchpad move

2. My mouse just run for 5,6 clicks and then cursor moves but can't click anything and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse just run for 5,6 clicks and then cursor moves but can't click anything and...: My pc supports windows xp professional, and I'm getting a notification like "Windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveniences." And when I'm trying to fix it my mouse and keyboard just run for 5,6 times then i can move my...
  3. My mouse just run for 5,6 clicks and then cursor moves but can't click anything and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse just run for 5,6 clicks and then cursor moves but can't click anything and...: My pc supports windows xp professional, and I'm getting a notification like "Windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveniences." And when I'm trying to fix it my mouse and keyboard just run for 5,6 times then i can move my...
  4. Touchpad can move a mouse but isn't able to click.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad can move a mouse but isn't able to click.: As the title states, I can't click anything with my cursor but I can move it around. I can tap the middle of the touchpad and have a normal mouse that clicks perfectly but the left and right buttons don't work with the touchpad. Any reasons why?...
  5. Touchpad, 2 finger tap to right click + cursor can't move during typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad, 2 finger tap to right click + cursor can't move during typing: I bought a new laptop after accidently breaking my last one, and now the ability the double tap to right click is gone along with the ability to move the cursor while pressing a button on the keyboard like for instance the space bar. This is a very recent thing, got this...
  6. Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks: Hi guys, my gf has a problem with her laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN) while everyday using or playing games: sometimes when she clicks somewhere on the screen, the desktop instantly shows up and she's unable to do anything with mouse aside from moving the cursor around (i...
  7. Mouse cursor frozen and can't move.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse cursor frozen and can't move.: Hello. I booted my PC this evening and discovered that I couldn't move my cursor at all. I'm using a Logitech G603 and my first instinct was to take out the batteries and put them back in, which didn't work. Switching the batteries didn't either. I thought I'd put new...
  8. cursor moved itself on touchpad

cursor moved itself on touchpad: My laptope model is Asus A45vd. After i installed windows 10, when i used my touchpad, the cursor was moving itself without me moved my finger on the touchpad. May i know what is going on? May i know how can i solve this issue as this has been irrating me for several days?...
  9. Touchpad will move, but not click.

Touchpad will move, but not click.: Hello, My cursor randomly froze and would not move today, so I restarted my laptop to see if that would help. That time, the cursor disappeared completely, so I got my plug-in mouse and tried rolling back and updating the drivers for the touchpad. I got it now to where the...
  10. TouchPad Mouse not clicking

TouchPad Mouse not clicking: After upgrading to windows 10 my touchpad was not working, after googling around i saw someone say that windows 10 turns it off by default so i went through the device manager and turned it back on but now it is unable to click on anything and i can't use the two finger...