Windows 10: Windows 10 - move to another drive but still boot from c:?

Discus and support Windows 10 - move to another drive but still boot from c:? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; OK I have a HP tower PC HP3500S with an i5 cpu on cr*p foxconn mobo that only supports SATA2. So its slow. I've installed two good sata3 hard drives.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by john-errington, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - move to another drive but still boot from c:?

OK I have a HP tower PC HP3500S with an i5 cpu on cr*p foxconn mobo that only supports SATA2. So its slow.

I've installed two good sata3 hard drives. ( C: and one partitioned D:, EWindows 10 - move to another drive but still boot from c:? :) I've also installed a pcie card that supports sata3. It does pick up the d & e drives, now running at sata3.

but when I move the C drive to it windows will not boot - enters auto repair mode and fails "sacdrv.sys missing".

The BIOS is no help.

I'm wondering if there is a way I can have the boot loader on a small sata2 drive, but run windows and other stuff from the expansion card?

:)

john-errington, Jul 9, 2019
  2. sttubs Win User

Windows 10 boot drive

Is Windows 10 also limited to a max of 3Tb for a boot drive?

sttubs, Jul 9, 2019
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 boot drive

Why do u even want a HDD/SSD that's 3TB for a operation system?

puma99dk|, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - move to another drive but still boot from c:?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - move to another drive but still boot from c:?

1. Windows 10 - move to another drive but still boot from c:? - Similar Threads - move another drive

2. Moving from one boot drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from one boot drive to another: So on my windows 10 PC i have 3 drives:My SSD - Which was my old main drive that was running windows and still has it Important filesJust a storage drive Important filesMy new 3TB HD - Which is running windows on it now No important filesIm trying to switch back to windows on...
  3. Moving from one boot drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving from one boot drive to another: So on my windows 10 PC i have 3 drives:My SSD - Which was my old main drive that was running windows and still has it Important filesJust a storage drive Important filesMy new 3TB HD - Which is running windows on it now No important filesIm trying to switch back to windows on...
  4. Moving from one boot drive to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10...moving files from C: to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10...moving files from C: to another drive: My C: drive is relatively small, and I have a huge D: drive that is unused. What files/groups can I move safely from C to D without losing the support of Windows 10 updates?...
  6. Moving boot partition to another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving boot partition to another drive: I've found very mixed things about this, most making it seem too difficult to be worthwhile. I have Windows 10 dual booting with OSX, and for some reason, Windows put its bootloader on my HDD which I use solely for backup purposes. Windows itself is installed to its own SSD....
  7. Moving games from C Drive to another Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving games from C Drive to another Hard Drive: Hello, I am trying to free up space on my C Drive Where Windows 10 Home is installed. How do I move games installed on C Drive to another Hard Drive? I have 2 additional Hard Drives on my PC. How do I do this without buying a program to do it. I want a simple solution to...
  8. How to "move" an app from c:/ to another drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to "move" an app from c:/ to another drive?: I am trying to move an app to a different drive to free up space. I am an administrator. The "move" icon on the apps & features page is grayed out. What do I have to do to activate the move command?...
  9. Moving my VMware from my C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Moving my VMware from my C drive to another drive: Hello again, i recently installed my insiders edition to the wrong drive, my C Drive, i wanted to install it to my DATA drive, if i copy all the VM files that in my C drive , to the actual drive that i want it in, how if at all would that affect my current insiders edition...
  10. Moving my VMwaare from my C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Moving my VMwaare from my C drive to another drive: Hello again, i recently installed my insiders edition to the wrong drive, my C Drive, i wanted to install it to my DATA drive, if i copy all the VM files that in my C drive , to the actual drive that i want it in, how if at all would that affect my current insiders edition...