Windows 10: Windows 10 moved to my old laptop has Activation problem

Discus and support Windows 10 moved to my old laptop has Activation problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Dell Inspiron 15R laptop suddenly died - no life at all - I decided to take out the drive and use it on my old Dell Vostro laptop which was running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TajammulShafiq, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 moved to my old laptop has Activation problem

My Dell Inspiron 15R laptop suddenly died - no life at all - I decided to take out the drive and use it on my old Dell Vostro laptop which was running Windows 7 - I replaced the drive and after a long process I finally have Windows 10 running on the Dell Vostro but with a message that I need to activate Windows 10 - the settings shows that I have Windows 10 not activated - it shows Product ID and a Product Key full of XXXX and last five digits. Please help

:)

TajammulShafiq, Apr 20, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 20, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Apr 20, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 moved to my old laptop has Activation problem

windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 moved to my old laptop has Activation problem

1. Windows 10 moved to my old laptop has Activation problem - Similar Threads - moved old laptop

2. will windows activate if my old pc has windows 10 pro activate will it activate on a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will windows activate if my old pc has windows 10 pro activate will it activate on a new...: My old dell desktop pc is windows 10 pro and it is activated it is a retail version. I ordered a new gaming pc and it comes with windows 11 pro but unactivated if I log in to my new gaming pc with my old windows 10 pro Microsoft account, will it have my new gaming pc already...
  3. will windows activate if my old pc has windows 10 pro activate will it activate on a new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will windows activate if my old pc has windows 10 pro activate will it activate on a new...: My old dell desktop pc is windows 10 pro and it is activated it is a retail version. I ordered a new gaming pc and it comes with windows 11 pro but unactivated if I log in to my new gaming pc with my old windows 10 pro Microsoft account, will it have my new gaming pc already...
  4. Windows Activation on my old laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation on my old laptop: Hello! So here's my problem. In 2017, my mom bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Installed. After a year, that new laptop was broken due to spilled water. So I bought myself an SSD enclosure and saved the files, in which, it has Windows 10 Installed. April 5, 2020, I have...
  5. Activating Windows on Old School Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows on Old School Laptop: how on earth do you activate windows on an old school laptop? right now im using windows non genuine 10 version. i dont have my product key because i didnt purchase it from anyone, i used it at school and never took it back, so nowhere on the PC shows its product key either....
  6. my taskbar has moved up 2 inches on my laptop windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    my taskbar has moved up 2 inches on my laptop windows 10: my taskbar has moved up 2 inches on my laptop. I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 13' with windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-has-moved-up-2-inches-on-my-laptop/bb046894-d42b-4db4-826c-cf1f5ca03faa
  7. Windows 10 Home - Activation on an old laptop

Windows 10 Home - Activation on an old laptop: Hello, I have just installed a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 Home on an old laptop which formerly ran Windows Vista. As this was my first time doing this on an old machine and I did not know if it would work or run properly on the old machine, I did the installation...
  8. Activate Windows 10 Pro on new laptop after losing my old laptop

Activate Windows 10 Pro on new laptop after losing my old laptop: I had an Acer Laptop previously, which I had purchased the $99 upgrade to windows 10 Pro from the microsoft store app on. This laptop was stolen from me at a train station about a month and a half ago, so now that money is down the drain unless I can get that activation on my...
  9. got a new laptop but has the same problem as my old one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    got a new laptop but has the same problem as my old one: i just brought a new laptop as my old one was not working properly and now this one is doing the same thing. it automatically transferred my old stuff from my laptop and has started flashing colors as it starts up and when you put in a usb . please help ASAP Thanks...
  10. Reinstall Windows 10 on old laptop - won't activate

Reinstall Windows 10 on old laptop - won't activate: I have an older laptop that we used to use for basic things. Replaced it and it's been sitting. Grandkids wanted to use it so cleaned everything off and reinstalled the O/S. It keeps saying Windows is not activated... Originally Windows 7 Home. When Windows 10 came out...