Windows 10: Windows 10: Moved User objects but now no Desktop items

Discus and support Windows 10: Moved User objects but now no Desktop items in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Tried moving my \User objects (except OneDrive) to my Data drive but due to backup issues I moved all back. However, I can’t get my Desktop items to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mac29r, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Mac29r Win User

Windows 10: Moved User objects but now no Desktop items

Tried moving my \User objects (except OneDrive) to my Data drive but due to backup issues I moved all back. However, I can’t get my Desktop items to populate and am wondering if other ‘objects’ will misbehave as well.

Originally moved using location tab of object’s properties (after creating duplicate named folders on Data drive under duplicate User name). No location tab on properties of these folder/objects when on the Data drive so I cut and pasted back to C:\user\Mac, the user I’m logged in as. That didn't work, so pasted them back. Settings>Storage shows all saving to C: but I'm not sure any of these are working correctly.

Anyone know how I can make things work again?

Thanks,

Mac

:)

Mac29r, Apr 2, 2019
  2. JohnFyffe Win User

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Porotto Win User

Unable to drag items / move items from desktop

Not sure what ive done wrong but i believe i renamed my email adress account linked to my windows 10 login (which in turn has renamed the user folder name) now whenever i try to move a file or folder from example (Download folder) to my desktop i get this error popping up stopping me from doing so.

Windows 10: Moved User objects but now no Desktop items [​IMG]

Also trying to edit any file or folder outside of desktop gives me this error

Windows 10: Moved User objects but now no Desktop items [​IMG]

Any ideas or help would be useful please Windows 10: Moved User objects but now no Desktop items :)

Porotto, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10: Moved User objects but now no Desktop items - Similar Threads - Moved User objects

2. Object Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Object Desktop: Is it recommended to use Object Desktop? If so, then what should I use and what should I not use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/object-desktop/439b461a-98bc-4043-bc56-a0bf3cff109d
  3. Desktop items moving after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop items moving after reboot: A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were. I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest...
  4. Desktop items moving after reboot

Desktop items moving after reboot: A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were. I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest...
  5. Windows 10 Desktop items not on Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Desktop items not on Desktop: So there seems to be some odd discrepancy where items are actually located in Windows 10. For example, when I navigate to 'Desktop' in Windows Explorer I see that there are many items that are not actually on the desktop which include: This PC, Libraries, Network, Control...
  6. moving objects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    moving objects: how do bring an object forward in the 3d paint application? i.e. if it is an eyeball but it iks positioned behind the head instead of in front of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-objects/6e0ca4f6-0268-431d-8361-ed7486853032
  7. 3D Objects Icon used for moved User folder

in Windows 10 Support
    3D Objects Icon used for moved User folder: Similar to this issue: 3D objects in Users folder have no location tab - Windows 10 Forums I have successfully moved the User files (ie) C:\Users\[UserName] to a data drive D:\User by using the Location tab on each individual folder (ie) Pictures, Music etc I then right...
  8. Tried moving User objects, now 3D Objects shows as a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried moving User objects, now 3D Objects shows as a folder: Want to move my User settings to another partition but non-tenforums steps are wrong. Now my 3D Objects appears as a folder 'Dave', in my User folder alongside Pictures, etc. (I moved it back there.) I've read the tutorials on this site and will follow. But how do I make my...
  9. Windows 10 - Move object to 2nd screen (lower res) now can't grab object

Windows 10 - Move object to 2nd screen (lower res) now can't grab object: I have Photoshop 7, I moved the whole window to the lower res screen to get a better look at some items I wanted to see larger without magnifying it. Once there I grabbed the toolbar from the main window and went to lock it on the 2nd screen and the top of the object bar...
  10. Unable to drag items / move items from desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to drag items / move items from desktop: Not sure what ive done wrong but i believe i renamed my email adress account linked to my windows 10 login (which in turn has renamed the user folder name) now whenever i try to move a file or folder from example (Download folder) to my desktop i get this error popping up...