Windows 10: Windows 10 moving/deleting files extremely slow & mouse lagging

Discus and support Windows 10 moving/deleting files extremely slow & mouse lagging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I've started experiencing mouse lag and extremely slow copying/moving/deleting files, and even when uploading to the cloud. It's intermitent.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fr3nchi3, Nov 24, 2020.

1. fr3nchi3 Win User

Windows 10 moving/deleting files extremely slow & mouse lagging

Hello!

I've started experiencing mouse lag and extremely slow copying/moving/deleting files, and even when uploading to the cloud. It's intermitent. Sometimes the lagging comes on independently to copying files. I've also recently been experiencing blue screen crash (although this precedes the lagging) I believe there was a 'bad pool header' error message.

I have done the automatic updating of drivers in the device manager, everything seemed fine. I've previously experienced blue screen crash due to malware, so I did lots of malware scans using various apps. I ran a scan to on my drives to spot any issues.. But it persists. Is there particular drivers that could be responsible for this?

If anyone could be so kind as to shed some light and point me in the right direction that would be most appreciated!

thanks Windows 10 moving/deleting files extremely slow & mouse lagging :)

:)

fr3nchi3, Nov 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 File Explorer is Extremely Slow to Open Photo Files

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My computer now seems to be running slower. However, it is extremely slow to open photo files compared to when I was running Windows 7. When I click to open a JPEG file / photo file in Windows 10, File
    Explorer goes into a (not responding) message. It will stay in the not resonding mode for at least 30 seconds to a minute. Then the photo will appear and File Explorer will allow for it to be deleted, moved, copied etc. This makes opening and managing photos
    extremely frustrating. I have been searching the internet for a fix. There appear to be a number of suggestions and fixes out there but nothing I have tried has worked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Retrob3270, Nov 24, 2020
  3. samsongm Win User
    windows 10 file deletion is extremely slow

I am using windows 10 Enterprise fully updated with all Service packs.

When I delete / move or copy files it is very slow, even deleting 1 small txt file brings up the deletion progressbar and gives me a status.

Copying / moving to is very slow. copying like 5 files from one dir to another (even on the same SSD or HD) is slow

Any idea how to fix this ?

samsongm, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 moving/deleting files extremely slow & mouse lagging

Mouse cursor lag and slow down occasionally

Recently, I am encountering a mouse cursor lag problem on my PC (Win10)

The cursor occassionally lags when I move the mouse consistently

Demonstration:
    http://i.imgur.com/03kbZJx.gifv

In the demonstration, I moved my mouse consistently towards right, but cursor stops moving at few instances

My mouse is Logitech G502, I believe my mouse has no problem because I tried it with my laptop (Win10) and it worked perfectly fine, the cursor never lagged and movement is consistent.

Any suggestions?

Theresonly1cryo, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 moving/deleting files extremely slow & mouse lagging

1. Windows 10 moving/deleting files extremely slow & mouse lagging - Similar Threads - moving deleting files

2. Administrator user profile is extremely slow/lags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator user profile is extremely slow/lags: Hi. I have a few user profiles on my laptop and am currently using Windows 10. However my administrator profile is extremely slow, it takes around 10 minutes if not more just to start up/open after logging in, and when it's eventually open it takes long to do anything or open...
  3. Administrator user profile is extremely slow/lags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator user profile is extremely slow/lags: Hi. I have a few user profiles on my laptop and am currently using Windows 10. However my administrator profile is extremely slow, it takes around 10 minutes if not more just to start up/open after logging in, and when it's eventually open it takes long to do anything or open...
  4. Administrator user profile is extremely slow/lags

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  6. Windows File Manager extremely slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Manager extremely slow: I am experiencing very slow access to my files and folders when I try to open File Manager. I have the File Manager icon in my taskbar and have a series of my own folders pinned to this icon. When I click to open a folder, it opens pretty quickly but if I then click on a...
  7. Windows 10 is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is extremely slow: I have no idea why this is. I was running Windows 10 perfectly on my Dell Latitude E7440 but now everything just runs so slowly. I tried resetting my laptop twice but the same errors still persist?? I also attempted to modify the minimum and maximum amounts of ram Windows...
  8. Windows 10 moving/deleting files extremely slow & mouse lagging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 moving/deleting files extremely slow & mouse lagging: Hello! I've started experiencing mouse lag and extremely slow copying/moving/deleting files, and even when uploading to the cloud. It's intermitent. Sometimes the lagging comes on independently to copying files. I've also recently been experiencing blue screen crash...
  9. Desktop Mouse/Moving lag?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Mouse/Moving lag?: Heyo. I've just updated my PC after a while of outdated software and drivers and somehow I got this issue. Whenever I put my mouse over my icons and move it around, it delays for about a second or two. This is the same with moving them as well. Why is this happening? I've...
  10. Windows 10 Moving mouse causes lag.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Moving mouse causes lag.: I have Windows 10 Home Ver. 1909 OS Build 18363.720 [ATTACH] When I move my mouse it causes my computer to pretty much begin lagging. It doesn't do it so much outside of applications but when playing games it chugs heavily. Same with chat applications. Anything animated...