Windows 10: Windows 10 moving my icons every time i restart PC?

Discus and support Windows 10 moving my icons every time i restart PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says! Anyone know how to stop this? Is started doing it after the update and tried most stuff on google search! submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jordanhopkins97, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Windows 10 moving my icons every time i restart PC?

As the title says!

Anyone know how to stop this? Is started doing it after the update and tried most stuff on google search!

submitted by /u/jordanhopkins97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jordanhopkins97, Mar 5, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Windows 10 moving my icons every time i restart PC? ;)

qubit, Mar 5, 2021
  3. techguy31 Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

How do I stop it from changing and still get 1920x1080?

techguy31, Mar 5, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 moving my icons every time i restart PC?

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 moving my icons every time i restart PC?

1. Windows 10 moving my icons every time i restart PC? - Similar Threads - moving icons every

2. Message "Your PC Ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart" every time I move my laptop with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message "Your PC Ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart" every time I move my laptop with...: Not sure what's going on. Today, I keep receiving this message "Your PC Ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart" when I move my laptop from one position on my desk to another. Then everything shuts down. But apparently, this only happens if I have the cord plugged in. Glad I...
  3. Message "Your PC Ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart" every time I move my laptop with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Message "Your PC Ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart" every time I move my laptop with...: Not sure what's going on. Today, I keep receiving this message "Your PC Ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart" when I move my laptop from one position on my desk to another. Then everything shuts down. But apparently, this only happens if I have the cord plugged in. Glad I...
  4. Windows 10 Icons keep moving every time I restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Icons keep moving every time I restart: I've had this problem for a long time and all the solutions I found online failed for me. e.g. renew or delete the icon cache; do a system check for corrupt files; check to see if the registry points to the right locations. Even the web site of the desktop restore application...
  5. Windows 10 Icons keep moving every time I restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Icons keep moving every time I restart: I've had this problem for a long time and all the solutions I found online failed for me. e.g. renew or delete the icon cache; do a system check for corrupt files; check to see if the registry points to the right locations. Even the web site of the desktop restore application...
  6. Windows 10 Icons keep moving every time I restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. "This PC" icon moving every time desktop is refreshed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This PC" icon moving every time desktop is refreshed.: I don't know if this can be traced back to a recent Windows 10 system update, but the "This PC" desktop icon keeps moving to the bottom-right-most position of the left-hand stack of desktop icons. ie: If I put another icon there, it will move either underneath that icon or...
  8. “No signal” on monitor every time I restart my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “No signal” on monitor every time I restart my PC?: So i’m currently in the beginning stages of an online Comptia A+ course which is cool, but I’m struggling because every time I shut off my pc and start it up the next day, I get absolutely no image at all and my monitor displays “no signal” and then shuts off after a couple...
  9. PC Wipes itself Every Time I Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Wipes itself Every Time I Restart: I recently installed the last windows update. Now my pc wipes itself every time I restart or shut down my computer. What could be the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wipes-itself-every-time-i-restart/8b2b467b-5c5c-4e79-af2a-89dff935f002
  10. Every time I open pc this icon appears, I moved this into folder but it didn't work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I open pc this icon appears, I moved this into folder but it didn't work.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tarnut [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ee3qe6/every_time_i_open_pc_this_icon_appears_i_moved/