Windows 10: Windows 10 - moving to a new pc

Discus and support Windows 10 - moving to a new pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have windows 10 but upon checking, it's registered to my old email address that I no longer have access to. Is there a way to change the name it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rockycb21, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Rockycb21 Win User

Windows 10 - moving to a new pc

I have windows 10 but upon checking, it's registered to my old email address that I no longer have access to. Is there a way to change the name it is registered to or is it necessary? I'm concerned when I go to move it, it may send an email security question or link to the old email address that I can't access. My Microsoft account info is all up to date with current info.

:)

Rockycb21, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 3, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 3, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - moving to a new pc - Similar Threads - moving

2. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  3. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  4. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to move app to USB?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move app to USB?: Hello, I noticed that the way to move an app to a usb is slightly different on Windows 10. I need to try and move an app because the older computer is not doing so hot on the internet. I mostly used the same steps:Go to Settings > System > Storage > Advanced Storage Settings...
  6. How to move app to USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move app to USB?: Hello, I noticed that the way to move an app to a usb is slightly different on Windows 10. I need to try and move an app because the older computer is not doing so hot on the internet. I mostly used the same steps:Go to Settings > System > Storage > Advanced Storage Settings...
  7. How to move app to USB?

8. Hi, how do i move the linux folder into my D:/?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, how do i move the linux folder into my D:/?: Hi, how do i move the linux folder into my D:/? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-how-do-i-move-the-linux-folder-into-my-d/2ea0d784-aa0d-4b90-9469-d50dca0012f2
  9. Hi, how do i move the linux folder into my D:/?

Hi, how do i move the linux folder into my D:/?: Hi, how do i move the linux folder into my D:/? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-how-do-i-move-the-linux-folder-into-my-d/2ea0d784-aa0d-4b90-9469-d50dca0012f2
  10. USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11: My Logitech USB wireless M510 Mouse is part of a combo with a K545 keyboard. It is a few years old now, but has functioned reliably until around last winter. The keyboard continues to work as expected.Beginning last winter, the mouse pointer began stalling and lagging when...