Windows 10: Windows 10 moving with flash drive

Discus and support Windows 10 moving with flash drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have my PC reg with microsoft all the Windows info and version,can i get windows on a memory stick of the version on my broken PC and move it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mikeop1, Jun 29, 2019.

1. mikeop1 Win User

Windows 10 moving with flash drive

I have my PC reg with microsoft all the Windows info and version,can i get windows on a memory stick of the version on my broken PC and move it to another?I might need to do tht if the HD is broken,i bought (its in the mail) the same PC but it dosent come with an OS just the HD..if worst case my old HD(not even 9 months old)dosent work or is damaged can i move that version i have reg on mucrosoft in the new HD?

:)

mikeop1, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

How to Download Music CD's from External Hard Drive to a Flash Drive on a Lap Top with Windows 10

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, let me know where exactly the Music is saved on? Is it on the CD's or External Hard drive?

Step 1:

If it is on the CD's, you may have to copy it the computer first and then copy it the Flash Drive. I suggest you to refer the article to know how to copy music from CD's to computer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/rip-burn

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Step 2:

After copying the music to the computer, to move it to the Flash Drive Follow these steps.

• Select the required songs and
      right-click
      on it.
    • Select copy.
    • Go to the Flash drive and right-click on Free Space.
    • Select Paste.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 moving with flash drive - Similar Threads - moving flash drive

2. Move folder out of one drive into exterior flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move folder out of one drive into exterior flash drive: I had to re format an exterior flash drive so I moved 30.5GB of files to one drive temporarily. PC has only 12GB of free space so that's why I didn't move the folder there temporarily. I am trying to move the folder back to the flash drive but it won't let me. Support says to...
  3. Installing windows 10 in flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows 10 in flash drive: What assignment unit size do i need to choose? I have the options of: 8192,16,32 and 64kb submitted by /u/lililpotato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvgaig/installing_windows_10_in_flash_drive/
  4. Unable to move Windows 10 ISO to 16 GB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to move Windows 10 ISO to 16 GB Flash Drive: A few days ago, I decided to restart my Windows HP laptop because I was having some issues with it. Since I planned to continue using it, I chose the quicker option to just clean my files. However, while resetting, I ran into a problem where the PC would stop resetting at...
  5. Unable to move Windows 10 ISO to 16 GB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to move Windows 10 ISO to 16 GB Flash Drive: A few days ago, I decided to restart my Windows HP laptop because I was having some issues with it. Since I planned to continue using it, I chose the quicker option to just clean my files. However, while resetting, I ran into a problem where the PC would stop resetting at...
  6. Moving windows 10 licence on to large USB flash drive

Moving windows 10 licence on to large USB flash drive: I have a windows PC with only a 32GB SSD which is now unable to take the latest updates. Am I able to actually install my Win 10 Operating system onto say a 64GB USB drive and use this to extend the time I can run windows 10 on this hardware. I would like to hear any other...
  7. Moving windows and other files to flash drive

Moving windows and other files to flash drive: I need to free up a little space on my HP stream 14 till my new hard drive shows up and I can upgraded. can I send programs like Word or maybe Windows Tool to a flash drive for a few day to free up enough space so I can use my laptop? thanks for any help you can provide....
  8. Windows 10 USB Flash Drive

Windows 10 USB Flash Drive: What should I do if I accidentally wipe my MCT created USB flash drive containing the installation files with diskpart clean command and I don't have another PC handy to redownload the MCT? Do I need to call a repair shop? 130937
  9. moving documents from a flash drive to word in windows 10

moving documents from a flash drive to word in windows 10: I copied documents from Word in windows 7 to flash drive, and want to move them to Word in windows 10. I can't seem to find the procedure for doing this. Can someone point me in the right direction?...
  10. Flash drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flash drive on Windows 10: The flash drive on my Windows 10 is not appearing on the menu. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/flash-drive-on-windows-10/2969472e-d7f8-4af4-b422-1bfd57f1e978