Windows 10: windows 10 MS Edge icon on taskbar

Discus and support windows 10 MS Edge icon on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10...Edge shortcut is on the taskbar and functional when clicked...but there is no graphic image on it...it's just space on the bar. Opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CinderLee, Jun 13, 2019.

1. CinderLee Win User

windows 10 MS Edge icon on taskbar

Windows 10...Edge shortcut is on the taskbar and functional when clicked...but there is no graphic image on it...it's just space on the bar. Opened Task Manager, under processes tab, scrolling down to and clicking on "Microsoft Edge - Shortcut (5)" lists 5 processes, three of which are "suspended", including "Chakra JIT Compiler", "Microsoft Edge Manager", and "User interface services". Can one or more of these suspensions be the cause of the missing graphic on the shortcut, and if so how do I un-suspend them?

:)

CinderLee, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Don325 Win User

microsoft edge icon

I also lost me MS EDGE Icon recently.

The above suggestion doe not work as it does not exist in the app list

However, if I post a simple question in Cortina MS EDGE will open up.

Also If I then look at the active processes in Task Manager I can see MS EDGE (though not the usual ICON)

Any suggestions how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Don325, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 13, 2019
  4. windows 10 MS Edge icon on taskbar

remove microsoft edge icon from taskbar

The problem is after each restart Edge is back on the taskbar.

Csaba Hadhazi, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 MS Edge icon on taskbar

1. windows 10 MS Edge icon on taskbar - Similar Threads - Edge icon taskbar

2. Can't change icon for edge on taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Can't change icon for edge on taskbar: I have changed the icon for edge to this on my desktop. But when I launch the shortcut, the icon becomes the default one on my taskbar. How do you fix this? Windows Version: 20H2 179718
  3. remove MS edge from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove MS edge from taskbar: i have read articles on how to do this but Edge is not even listed under notifications as something i can turn off. I went to Settings and Personalization and it is not there. I removed it once before but don't remember how. i don't want to remove it from Start list just from...
  4. MS To Do icon on taskbar not visible

in Windows 10 Support
    MS To Do icon on taskbar not visible: I have the MS To Do app on my desktop. When I start To Do space is allocated on the Task Bar for the icon but the icon is not visible. Similarly if I pin the app to the task Bar. The icon is from a .ico file that I downloaded from the web and is blue with a white tick, but...
  5. Edge icon missing in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge icon missing in taskbar: Greetings, [img] I followed the instructions to install the new Edge side by side with Edge legacy. Now the icon for Edge legacy isn't showing on the taskbar. I've tried rebooting. What else can I try? Thanks, Shane. 149471
  6. Making the taskbar Edge icon white

Making the taskbar Edge icon white: I'm trying to give my Windows 10 a uniform white icon design. I have gotten nearly every app white except one: Edge. The simple solution would be to remove it from the taskbar, but I use Edge and I like the look of it on my taskbar, so I am keeping it there. I found the...
  7. MS Store and Edge in Taskbar on Reboot

MS Store and Edge in Taskbar on Reboot: Is there a way (that is not significantly more difficult than unpinning each time) to prevent Store and Edge from re-appearing on the taskbar on reboot?...
  8. edge icon missing on taskbar

edge icon missing on taskbar: edge icon missing on taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-icon-missing-on-taskbar/ee5d51f6-6eb6-498f-9e29-0f6a4d5f9db9
  9. Edge icon blank in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge icon blank in taskbar: Any way to fix this easily please? [img] [img] Thanks 36195
  10. Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar: The Icon to Microsoft Edge seems to have changed to a white "e" on a blue background. I'm sure it just used to be a blue "e" on a transparent background. How would I go about changing it back? Many thanks. 63626