Windows 10: Windows 10 msg: "The last back-up was cancelled".

Discus and support Windows 10 msg: "The last back-up was cancelled". in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Numerous attempts at backing up C-drive with the windows 7 backup and restore utility and every one has the message above. I can see nothing in event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Guitarboy11, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 msg: "The last back-up was cancelled".

Numerous attempts at backing up C-drive with the windows 7 backup and restore utility and every one has the message above. I can see nothing in event viewer.

1. Does the backup cancel when the PC is in sleep mode?

2. It was taking absolutely ages to run.

3. The space of the backup 542Gb exceeds the usage of 385Gb in properties.

4. There is enough space on the external drive - last run there was 700Gb +

How can I diagnose this error?

One other thing, after the last failure, 200Gb suddenly got eaten up by the external hard drive?? There is no way I can see where this went, all the backup files do not show any space usage.

:)

Guitarboy11, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Sigurd Win User
    Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Because the apps I had tried and the one I had installed, appeared on the list of possible Apps in the list for opening MSG files, I thought that repairing Outlook might work. So I tried the repair option as Sheltieuk had suggested. When I then tried Start – Defaults afterwards and looked to see what was available to open MSG files, Outlook had appeared on the list! Selected that and it worked.

For once I have posed not only a question but an answer!!

Sigurd, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 msg: "The last back-up was cancelled".

I'm trying to cancel my Windows 10 upgrade

"the above steps" DO NOT WORK !

There is no "Cancel Reservation" option available !!

AyranDreger, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 msg: "The last back-up was cancelled".

1. Windows 10 msg: "The last back-up was cancelled". - Similar Threads - msg last was

2. Cancelled back up now windows back up wont work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cancelled back up now windows back up wont work: I cancelled the full back up of my laptop because i only wanted to back up the D drive and then merge the C and D drive. I was running out of space on my C drive and found here and other places that you can merge both. Now when i go back in to the backup, through settings it...
  3. File history not showing "Files last backed up on..."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File history not showing "Files last backed up on...": Windows 10 file history, backing up to a SanDisk usb drive on my Router. File history is working, but the comment "files last backed up on..." has disappeared. It was there until about a week ago. Files are being backed up -- I can run it and check on the backup drive...
  4. Msg received on start-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Msg received on start-up: I recently downloaded the latest version of Windows 10. The message hereunder now pops up on startup/ "This disc "MacInosh-HD-data" can't be unlocked, A problem has been detected with this disc that prevents it from being unlocked." Don MacLeod...
  5. Backing up Selected Files - last Week or Last Month

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up Selected Files - last Week or Last Month: Before the last update I was able to select all files - new or modified - in say the last week or last month. Now when I highlight the directory and enter into the search box the option for modified since doesn't appear....
  6. Back up with Window 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up with Window 10: Hello I have a question that I can't find the answer to. I just installed a backup with windows 10 and I chose to do the backup every day. Can you tell me what time the backup will be done by choosing to do it every day. Thank you for your response. 161984
  7. Back-up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back-up in Windows 10: Back-up in Windows 10 via configuratiescherm blijft probleem geven met foutcode 0x8078014B? Heeft iemand daar een oplossing voor? Digitale videosystemen Rob Wittebrood...
  8. Windows 10 Back up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Back up: Why do Windows updates turn off the Windows Back up program - after every update I have to try and remember to switch it on again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-back-up/1b0e9b43-796d-4f03-b33f-48d4b96e374f
  9. Windows back up will not back up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows back up will not back up: I have tried several times to back up my computer to an external hard drive and I keep getting the error "Invalid window handle". How do I fix this so I can create a system image? 46422
  10. Windows 10 Back Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Back Up: Is anyone using Windows 10 Back Up found in Settings? I am. Under "Back Up options", "Back Up These Folders", you have the option of adding folders to back up, which I have. However, there seems to be default folders that I can't get rid of. What I mean is that although you...