Windows 10: Windows 10 multiboot system

Discus and support Windows 10 multiboot system in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We are in May 2020, Windows 10 is the most used OS in the world, and we still don't have a multiboot system Well, I have been working for a long time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/reb00t-one, May 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 multiboot system

We are in May 2020, Windows 10 is the most used OS in the world, and we still don't have a multiboot system

Well, I have been working for a long time with linux servers and development on linux, recently we entered into an extension project for Visual Studio, I had to install Windows on a HD that I was not using, but it is recent, it turns out I have to mess with some Linux system settings after installing windows to make Grub continue to manage the boot, and allowing me to choose the operating system I will use. In the case of Linux, when I'm going to install it on a machine that already has windows, he asks me if I want to continue with grub as a boot system, allowing me to choose which system to boot. Well, as I have a lot of work on Linux, and I know that messing with system files is risky, I left it for later, just uninstalled the Linux drive and installed the windows one to work. It turns out that at a certain moment I had to go back to linux, and with that I would activate the multiboot of grub, when trying to go back to my unit with windows, it was totally screwed, the HD is not being able to do the correct readings, every 5 minutes I have a fatal blue screen error because the system was unable to load any critical components (which to my "surprise", is also not described in the error log). I could have a working hard drive now, if Windows simply gives that freedom to its users, but freedom does not seem to be a concept that Microsoft is very close to.

I understand that it is not an error of windows in itself, but magnetic memory units were not made for the purpose of being installed and uninstalled at all times, I probably screwed with it. But that would have been completely preventable if Windows had a damn multiboot system. Sorry for that, but I'm really angry.

submitted by /u/reb00t-one
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/reb00t-one, May 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 multiboot system

hello there

I have multiboot system windows 8.1 and windows 8.1 Pro with media center

will I be able to upgrade both to windows 10 on the same computer

for example upgrade windows 8.1 to windows 10 home and windows 8.1 pro with media center to windows 10 pro

the reason I have a multiboot system is I want to play games on windows 10 home with Norton turned off

and use windows 10 pro for banking with Norton on

Richard Finella, May 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 3, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 multiboot system

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 multiboot system

1. Windows 10 multiboot system - Similar Threads - multiboot system

2. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine: I have 4 hard drives in my system. Windows 10 is installed on the last drive. When I try to boot into Windows 10, it state it can't find windows\system\winloader.exe.I tried recovery disk and it states it can't repair.I booted into Windows 7 which is on a different hard...
  3. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine: I have 4 hard drives in my system. Windows 10 is installed on the last drive. When I try to boot into Windows 10, it state it can't find windows\system\winloader.exe.I tried recovery disk and it states it can't repair.I booted into Windows 7 which is on a different hard...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiboot system audio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiboot system audio problem: Hello everyone,I have used multiboot - Dual boot from Win 7 to 11 for at least 15 years with no issues I Separated work related system and Apps from Games.For Audio I Use an older External Audio Card, M-Audio Firewire 410 Which works great for all my Recording needs Midi,...
  6. Multiboot system audio problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiboot system audio problem: Hello everyone,I have used multiboot - Dual boot from Win 7 to 11 for at least 15 years with no issues I Separated work related system and Apps from Games.For Audio I Use an older External Audio Card, M-Audio Firewire 410 Which works great for all my Recording needs Midi,...
  7. Compatibility of UWP applications between operating systems multiboot, not different/older...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Compatibility of UWP applications between operating systems multiboot, not different/older...: First off, I have 3 OS's, Windows 10 21H1 on boot drive, Xubuntu 20.04 OS on boot drive, home partition on game drive, and an OS that changes a lot, right now it is an insider preview build of Windows 11 on game drive. Feel free to ignore the Linux install. In short, my boot...
  8. Multiboot os changes all drive letters and names, causing mayhem on audio/video system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiboot os changes all drive letters and names, causing mayhem on audio/video system: Hello I've partioned my Win 7 Pro C drive into two naming the new partition X Windows 10 Pro theres no issues with booting and both OS seem to be fine, however not with disk letters and names. Theres seven drives, the two OS and the DAW programs digital audio workstation...
  9. Windows 10 "bootrec /fixboot" fails with "Access is Denied" on Multiboot System

Windows 10 "bootrec /fixboot" fails with "Access is Denied" on Multiboot System: Hi All, After upgrading Ubuntu to 18.04 LTS on my multiboot system, the install apparently overwrote the boot sector of my Windows 10 NTFS partition with GRUB2. I am trying to restore the boot sector but I am running into some problems. When booting the Windows 10...
  10. ssd upgrade clone from multiboot system

ssd upgrade clone from multiboot system: Help anyone? I have a win7 / win10 dual boot system, win 7 on a hdd, win 10 is on ssd, bootmgr is on win 7 drive, now I want to clone win 10 to a bigger ssd but tools I have tried failed with message 'boot volume and system need to be on same drive' how can I get win 10 to...