Windows 10: Windows 10 multideskop, browsers like Chrome appear in every desktop, how do I stop this ?

Discus and support Windows 10 multideskop, browsers like Chrome appear in every desktop, how do I stop this ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Used to use multi desktop early on and getting things to show across desktops for apps you wanted in more than one desktop was difficult. This now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kevinma_2112, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 multideskop, browsers like Chrome appear in every desktop, how do I stop this ?

Used to use multi desktop early on and getting things to show across desktops for apps you wanted in more than one desktop was difficult. This now appears to have become easy while I was away from Windows multideskopt. Returning now and started to try to use multidesktop again and now every time I open a browser it becomes part of every desktop. This is crazy. Defeats the purpose completely. How do I disable this ? I must be missing some setting somewhere ?

:)

kevinma_2112, Oct 17, 2021
  2. Jakes6046 Win User

Can't Set Chrome As Default Browser in Windows 10

Want to get the latest scoop on a Win10/Default Browser problem that's been discussed before. Google Chrome is (was?) my default browser. Recently alerted to Office updates (have Office 365). Update wasn't successful, so I let it go. Then, when I clicked
    on Chrome on the desktop -- NOTHING, ZILCH. Yet Microsoft Edge loads fine. Settings/Default Apps/Web Browser showed Edge, clicked on it, selected Chrome form the icon list - fine - but when I tried to activate it from the desktop - again, NOTHING. What's
    going on...?

Uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome and the desktop icon says "new_chrome" (an updated version?). It works fine and includes all the Favorites, like before. But when I go into Settings/Default Apps and click on Edge to show the other default browser choices,
    Chrome is NOT listed. It's also not listed under general Apps and Features. In addition, every web site icon I have on the desktop (e.g., Amazon) is now shown with an Edge icon and opens only within the Edge browser. And when I open Chrome from the desktop,
    it asks to make it default. I click to do so, the Apps list appears, but Chrome, again, is NOT shown in the Default Apps/Web Browser list. I think the Office Update screwed things up. So..... how do I make Chrome the "complete" default browser?...... which,
    I guess, is another way of asking: how do I get Chrome into the Default Apps/Web Browser list? HELP.... anyone?

Jakes6046, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Jakes6046 Win User
    Can't Set Chrome As Default Browser in Windows 10

Want to get the latest scoop on a Win10/Default Browser problem that's been discussed before. Google Chrome is (was?) my default browser. Recently alerted to Office Updates (have Office 365). Update not successful, so I let it go. Then when I clicked
    on Chrome on the desktop -- NOTHING, ZILCH. Yet Microsoft Edge loads fine. Settings/DefaultApps/WebBrowser showed Edge, clicked on it, selected Chrome from the icon list - fine - but when I clicked on the desktop icon - again, NOTHING. What's going on.....?

Uninstalled/Reinstalled Chrome and the desktop icon now says "new_chrome" (an updated version?). Works fine, includes all the Favorites, like before. But when I go into Settings/DefaultApps/WebBrowser and click on Edge to show the default browser choices,
    Chrome is NOT listed. It's also not listed in the general "Apps and Features". In addition, every web site desktop icon (e.g., Amazon) is now shown as an Edge icon and opens only within the Edge browser. And when I open Chrome from the desktop, it asks
    to make it default. I click to do so, the Apps list appears, but Chrome, again, is NOT shown in the DefaultApps/WebBrowser list.

I think the Office Update I tried to do screwed things up. So.... how do I make Chrome the "complete" default browser?.... which, I guess, is another way of asking: how do I get Chrome into the DefaultApps/WebBrowser list? HELP.... anyone?

Jakes6046, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 multideskop, browsers like Chrome appear in every desktop, how do I stop this ?

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 multideskop, browsers like Chrome appear in every desktop, how do I stop this ?

1. Windows 10 multideskop, browsers like Chrome appear in every desktop, how do I stop this ? - Similar Threads - multideskop browsers Chrome

2. How can i stop this files to appear on desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i stop this files to appear on desktop?: I can't identify these files, even if i delete it, they come back again after a short timeThe owner of these files is the systemhow can I stop the system from creating it or appear on the desktop?...
  3. How can i stop this files to appear on desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i stop this files to appear on desktop?: I can't identify these files, even if i delete it, they come back again after a short timeThe owner of these files is the systemhow can I stop the system from creating it or appear on the desktop?...
  4. How can i stop this files to appear on desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I stop POPUPS in Chrome?

How do I stop POPUPS in Chrome?: I switched over to Chrome awhile back because of problems with Firefox and now I’m constantly getting Popups especially when I view the news. Every time I close Chrome there is another window behind it and sometimes it is playing an advertisement video with sound that drowns...
  6. Windows 10 multideskop, browsers like Chrome appear in every desktop, how do I stop this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 multideskop, browsers like Chrome appear in every desktop, how do I stop this ?: Used to use multi desktop early on and getting things to show across desktops for apps you wanted in more than one desktop was difficult. This now appears to have become easy while I was away from Windows multideskopt. Returning now and started to try to use multidesktop...
  7. How do i stop these from appearing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i stop these from appearing?: "Video tools" "Shortcut tools" "Application tools" [ATTACH] 167739
  8. how to i make a chromium browser like chrome in vb.net

how to i make a chromium browser like chrome in vb.net: How would I go about making a vb.net chromium based web browser? with extension support and everything. I could use c# or c++ if needed but I find vb.net to be more expandable, at least for me....
  9. Chrome browser on Windows 10

Chrome browser on Windows 10: How do I download and launch the Chrome browser on my new Microsoft Surface Go computer? The computer only offers Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser-on-windows-10/2b2e88cd-e031-41b2-85fc-e2235f39ca93
  10. How do I make Chrome my default browser?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make Chrome my default browser?: how do I stop MSN automatically loading up when I connect to the Internet, I have to keep closing it and opening chrome, also when start-up my computer doesn't automatically connect to the Internet, I have to keep man,ually connecting it though I've ticked the box...