Windows 10: Windows 10 Multiple displays task bar

Discus and support Windows 10 Multiple displays task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi On my system I run windows 10 on a desktop and have 3 Displays. Can I have 2 of the displays running the task bar and disable it on the 3rd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steve.Smyth1966, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Multiple displays task bar

Hi

On my system I run windows 10 on a desktop and have 3 Displays. Can I have 2 of the displays running the task bar and disable it on the 3rd display?

Thanks

Steve

:)

Steve.Smyth1966, Apr 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Task bar does not respond when multiple windows are displayed as combined

Whenever I have just a single instance of a program displaying in my task bar I experience no problems when I click it: it minimizes, it maximizes, it works as expect.

Whenever I have multiple instances of the same program running (for instance, two seperate Edge windows open at once) and they are displayed as combined, when I click the task bar the preview for each will pop up and then immediately minimize. When I hover
    over the task bar the previews will display, but as soon as I click one they disappear and nothing happens. Essentially, whenever I have programs stacked/combined in the task bar, I cannot select any open windows. I Can only switch between them by using alt-tab.

In in all other ways the task bar performs normally; all buttons respond so long as there is just a single instance displayed in the task bar and they are not combined.

This is is a brand new computer, so this wasn't a Windows upgrade. I've downloaded all systems updates from Microsoft and the computer manufacturer. I have also tried restoring my system several times and nothing works: each time I open multiple windows
    of the same program the task bar becomes useless to switch between them.

Any suggestions or insights are greatly appreciated.

TheOriginalMack, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Multiple displays task bar

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Multiple displays task bar

1. Windows 10 Multiple displays task bar - Similar Threads - Multiple displays task

2. Task bar icons Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar icons Multiple displays: Hello can we get an option to have task bars show on more than 1 monitor, when im gaming or watching a full screen video i cant access my task bar and task tray icons on the bottom right....
  3. Task bar icons Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar icons Multiple displays: Hello can we get an option to have task bars show on more than 1 monitor, when im gaming or watching a full screen video i cant access my task bar and task tray icons on the bottom right....
  4. Task bar use on multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar use on multiple displays: I have three monitors and the task bar is on all three. If I click on the programme/app icon in the task bar on a specific monitor, is there a way that that programme/app can open on that specific monitor and not the main one? I use two monitors for photo editing and the...
  5. Task bar use on multiple displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar use on multiple displays: I have three monitors and the task bar is on all three. If I click on the programme/app icon in the task bar on a specific monitor, is there a way that that programme/app can open on that specific monitor and not the main one? I use two monitors for photo editing and the...
  6. Task bar not displayed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task bar not displayed: Hello,Since my last windows update, my windows 10 task bar is not clear. How can I fix this?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-displayed/94fbd90a-916c-4465-8b68-5dd84a90abe3
  7. Task bar Display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task bar Display: How do I undo the side by side windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-display/3e64d9c3-f665-49a5-8523-ba1ae48d9d06
  8. Weather Display in Windows task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather Display in Windows task bar: Is it possible to display the current outside temperature in the windows taskbar where the date and time are displayed? I was told to drag the weather tile there but the tile does not want to stay there. BTW, why does Microsoft continue to show info for unsupported...
  9. Task Bar display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task Bar display: My task bar is only 1/4 visible, how do I correct this. All monitor settings appear correct. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-display/bdee960a-5fb8-41a4-bddf-881fd411fbfa
  10. Multiple Problems with Task Bar in Windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Problems with Task Bar in Windows10: I had a smooth transition upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. That was however short lived. After updating my browser, I did a system restart. Things went to hell after that. All of a sudden, left clicking the Windows icon, Cortana icon or the Notification icon did...