Windows 10: Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue

Discus and support Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 4 hard drives, totally 9tb of space, and my computer thinks it's all 1 drive for some reason. It says it's only using 30% of hard disk space,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BC_405, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BC_405 Win User

Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue

I have 4 hard drives, totally 9tb of space, and my computer thinks it's all 1 drive for some reason. It says it's only using 30% of hard disk space, but it's actually using the entirety of the master drive and causing massive slowdown. I didn't have this problem with windows 7 and can't figure out how to fix it.

:)

BC_405, Mar 30, 2023
  2. little cat, Mar 30, 2023
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    External drives and Windows 10 issue

Since you are having multiple issues with Windows 10, we suggest you to run a System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing (DISM) to look into the system for possible corruption. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X
    • On the menu which should pop-up on the lower-left side of your screen, click
      Command Prompt (admin)
    • Type the following on Command Prompt (wait for the SFC scan to finish before running DISM):

sfc /scannow

dism /online /restorehealth /cleanup-image

Check the result of the scans, and if it states that it was able to fix some corrupted files, simply restart your computer to apply the fix and check if the issue persists.

Regarding your external hard disk, we suggest you to update your USB Hard Disk drivers. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Find the disk drive for your external hard disk.
    • Right-click your disk drive.
    • Click Update Driver Software.
    • A new windows will prompt, click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Mar 30, 2023
  4. Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 30, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue

1. Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue - Similar Threads - multiple hard drive

2. Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue: I have 4 hard drives, totally 9tb of space, and my computer thinks it's all 1 drive for some reason. It says it's only using 30% of hard disk space, but it's actually using the entirety of the master drive and causing massive slowdown. I didn't have this problem with windows...
  3. Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 multiple hard drive slowdown issue: I have 4 hard drives, totally 9tb of space, and my computer thinks it's all 1 drive for some reason. It says it's only using 30% of hard disk space, but it's actually using the entirety of the master drive and causing massive slowdown. I didn't have this problem with windows...
  4. Windows 10 hard drive issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 hard drive issues?: So idk what I did. My computer has been sluggish lately so I thought I might try the old msconfig and disable some startup items. Well that didn’t work out to well needless to say. So I put it all back to normal. Fast forward 12 hours later I’m just sitting listening to...
  5. Windows 10 Slowdown Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Slowdown Issues: Hi. My Notebook, with win 10 Installed, often slow down, and occasionally, it stops responding, that now when I type this message, twice I got halted for about 5 mins, waiting for my notebook for a response, before I can resume typing. Here's my specification, which...
  6. Storage drive slowdowns + Windows 10 starting issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage drive slowdowns + Windows 10 starting issues: Hello everyone! Please help me if you have any ideas/solutions about my 2 issues listed below: Win10 version: 1903 (built: 18362.720) Enterprise (was the same issue at all patches so far) PC build is in the profiles, hopefully you can check that if needed. I use...
  7. Multiple Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Hard Drives: I have a second hard drive in computer that is setup for D: drive. Windows decided that D: drive is a music file and thus whenever I access files on that drive I cannot see file extensions and dates. Windows brings up the music tools options and the file headers are artist,...
  8. External hard drive multiple issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard drive multiple issues: I don't honestly know what the fuck is the problem with this but I've just got a brand new external hard drive and my laptop is just not working with it at all. It's taking ridiculous amounts of time to transfer files onto it.....it is constantly saying there is a issue when...
  9. Edge slowdown issues

in Browsers and Email
    Edge slowdown issues: In the last few days I have noticed that edge has become very slow to load some pages and completely unresponsive at times to the point I have installed firefox to get around it. Some websites load fine but then, if I try to navigate to a different page it just sits trying to...
  10. upgrade to windows 10 with multiple hard drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade to windows 10 with multiple hard drives: i know its been asked before, but most of the related posts on the subject are almost 2 years old - millenia in computing terms so im looking to upgrade to windows 10 from 7 - instigated by experiencing an oculus VR headset and touch controllers over the weekend and reading...