Windows 10: Windows 10 multiple non-existent screens when i enable Virtual machine platform

Discus and support Windows 10 multiple non-existent screens when i enable Virtual machine platform in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I have Lenovo ThinkPad t440p and was trying to install WSL2 so when i enabled virtual machine platform, after restarting PC i got 4 additional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Junaid Mumtaz1, May 29, 2023.

1. Windows 10 multiple non-existent screens when i enable Virtual machine platform

So I have Lenovo ThinkPad t440p and was trying to install WSL2 so when i enabled virtual machine platform, after restarting PC i got 4 additional non-existent screens. I had also downgraded my intel hd 4600 drivers, but nothing happened , but disabling virtual machine platform solves the issue but i want to use WSL2 .community please help me sort this issue I had also ran this script iwr -useb https://christitus.com/win iex for tweaks may this caused an issue I don't know.I don't want to disconnect them I really want to solve this issue completely.

:)

Junaid Mumtaz1, May 29, 2023
  2. smolikja Win User

[solved] Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays

Hello,

I'm trying run WSL2 on my Win 11 22000.556 (ThinkPad t440p) and after thicking "Virtual Machine Platform" in "Turn Windows features on or off" I'm getting unwanted virtual displays I cannot access (3, 4, 5, 6).

I disabled them to stop moving apps there but when I unplug my external (primary) monitor, the only laptop's display is not set to primary and I am not able to do anything.

Good ppl, How can I get rid of them please?

!!! SOLVED !!!
    Windows 10 multiple non-existent screens - Microsoft Community

Windows 10 multiple non-existent screens when i enable Virtual machine platform 7812445b-788d-4372-bc78-bda0fa484d60?upload=true.png

* if I disable "Virtual Linux Platform" and restart system, virtual displays disappears

** persists even if Hyper-V is enabled with/instead of Virtual Machine Platform

*** virtual displays are shown in Device Manager

Windows 10 multiple non-existent screens when i enable Virtual machine platform 08145954-3445-4d3c-b409-459f6ab2c2bc?upload=true.png

smolikja, May 29, 2023
  3. Unable to enable virtual machine platform.

I'm sorry that the issue still persists. Yes, it's possible that having VMware and VirtualBox installed on your computer is causing conflicts with the virtualization features in Windows. You can try uninstalling both programs, then restarting your computer and attempting to enable the virtual machine platform again. If this works, you may need to choose between using the virtual machine platform or using VMware and VirtualBox. Alternatively, you can try enabling the Hypervisor Platform feature instead of Hyper-V, which allows for coexistence between Hyper-V and other virtualization programs.

Mostafa Sadeghi, May 29, 2023
  4. Windows 10 multiple non-existent screens when i enable Virtual machine platform

Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform"

I'm running Windows 10 on ASUS FX705DY AU072T.

Windows doesn't boot after enabling "Virtual Machine Platform" and just shows a black screen after showing the windows 10 logo during boot.

I've tried it on updated version 1909 and also after updating to version 19041.264 I can't use WSL 2 because of this.

How can this be fixed?

ModernQuasar534, May 29, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 multiple non-existent screens when i enable Virtual machine platform

1. Windows 10 multiple non-existent screens when i enable Virtual machine platform - Similar Threads - multiple non existent

2. Windows 10 multiple non-existent screens when i enable Virtual machine platform

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 multiple non-existent screens when i enable Virtual machine platform: So I have Lenovo ThinkPad t440p and was trying to install WSL2 so when i enabled virtual machine platform, after restarting PC i got 4 additional non-existent screens. I had also downgraded my intel hd 4600 drivers, but nothing happened , but disabling virtual machine...
  3. Unable to enable virtual machine platform.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable virtual machine platform.: I have a dell inspiron 3505 with ryzen 5 3540 processor running windows 11 and I was trying to run windows subsystem for android and for that I had to enable virtual machine platform.But when I tried to do so, after turning it on from the "turn windows features on or off" and...
  4. Unable to enable virtual machine platform.

Unable to enable virtual machine platform.: I have a dell inspiron 3505 with ryzen 5 3540 processor running windows 11 and I was trying to run windows subsystem for android and for that I had to enable virtual machine platform.But when I tried to do so, after turning it on from the "turn windows features on or off" and...
  5. Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform

Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.19043.1826I was trying to install WSL2 but when I was trying to enable Virtual Machine Platform I got this error when restarting: "Failed to update services".I ran systeminfo.exe and checked to make sure virtualization is...
  6. Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.19043.1826I was trying to install WSL2 but when I was trying to enable Virtual Machine Platform I got this error when restarting: "Failed to update services".I ran systeminfo.exe and checked to make sure virtualization is...
  7. Unable to Enable 'Virtual Machine Platform'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Enable 'Virtual Machine Platform': Hello, I need to use WSL2 on my Windows 10 system, HP pavilion CS1000-TX. Whenever I enable Virtual Machine Platform and go for a reboot, the reboot doesnt go through. I witness the HP logo and then a blank screen upon. The only solution I've found is to perform a power off....
  8. windows crashes when enabling Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows crashes when enabling Virtual Machine Platform: Hi all, I want to update WSL to WSL2. One of the steps is to enable a Virtual Machine Platform. When doing so, Windows asks for a restart and then crushes with the error. The only way to load Windows is to turn it on in the safe mode which turns off the Virtual Machine...
  9. Unable to enable "Virtual Machine Platform"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to enable "Virtual Machine Platform": submitted by /u/CautiousCrazy6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvs9sn/unable_to_enable_virtual_machine_platform/
  10. Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform": I'm running Windows 10 on ASUS FX705DY AU072T. Windows doesn't boot after enabling "Virtual Machine Platform" and just shows a black screen after showing the windows 10 logo during boot. I've tried it on updated version 1909 and also after updating to version 19041.264 I...