Windows 10: Windows 10 & Multiple RDP

Discus and support Windows 10 & Multiple RDP in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have server 2012 R2 DC and a Windows 7 computer that is joined to the domain. We have 3 people that log into the Win 7 one at a time do certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hammrtyme, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Hammrtyme Win User

Windows 10 & Multiple RDP

We have server 2012 R2 DC and a Windows 7 computer that is joined to the domain. We have 3 people that log into the Win 7 one at a time do certain work,

I was asked to make it so the 3 people could log in at the same time. I called the MS Store and told them what I needed. They sold me Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop Services 5-Device CAL and Windows 10 Pro. I asked 3 times if this would work and was assured it would. I upgraded the win 7 box to Win 10 and after looking on internet I found numerous articles where MS was going to start allowing Win 10 to work as a what I will call a terminal server, however, cannot figure out how.

I called support and was told it would work but they wanted $500.00 to help. Can someone point me in the right direction if this will work or not. I think it won't.

What I was told was to add the 5 cal Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop Services

license to the Windows 2012 server and the Windows 10 pro computer would automatically work as a Term Server. I cannot find any documentation.

Thanks in advance

:)

Hammrtyme, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Windows 10 & Multiple RDP

RDP

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?

Initially when we received the problem there wasn't any changes made on the computer since we couldn't figure out the problem, we upgraded the pc to windows 10. It fixed the problem momentarily and then it starts again. Then we re initiated the upgrade the
      same day I wrote this post and it was fixed again and then on today the issue is back
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the past we would delete the MS Licensing Protocol folder as suggested by so many other posts and restart the RDP connection ad administrator to rebuild it. This time around it didn't fix anything. Like I said previously we've tried to upgrade the PC and
      the fix is temporal
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem? No
    • When did you notice about this issue? I'm not sure when it started because I haven't been on this project that long but I would say within the last month based on me. Based on other conversations this has happened in the past.
    • Can you send us a screenshot with the error message that you are getting? Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Sure
      Windows 10 & Multiple RDP d7470294-b2af-4c9c-aa56-a971016a58bf.jpg

NikkiGarcia02, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 & Multiple RDP

1. Windows 10 & Multiple RDP - Similar Threads - Multiple RDP

2. hi i installed windows 11 enterprise in my pc, now i need enable multiple rdp session .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi i installed windows 11 enterprise in my pc, now i need enable multiple rdp session .: i need steps and need clarity on multiple rdp session at a time in windows 11 enterprise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-installed-windows-11-enterprise-in-my-pc-now/077dda8a-ad30-49b9-8318-e2a5fa390e2c
  3. hi i installed windows 11 enterprise in my pc, now i need enable multiple rdp session .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hi i installed windows 11 enterprise in my pc, now i need enable multiple rdp session .: i need steps and need clarity on multiple rdp session at a time in windows 11 enterprise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-installed-windows-11-enterprise-in-my-pc-now/077dda8a-ad30-49b9-8318-e2a5fa390e2c
  4. Windows 11 RDP For Multiple Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 RDP For Multiple Users: Hi,We had a Windows 11 PC, and needed to activate RDP for multiple users. Is there any way or do we need to purchase a license?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-rdp-for-multiple-users/fe8b82f1-14ff-4a8a-a12a-8edc0738877b
  5. Windows 11 RDP For Multiple Users

Windows 11 RDP For Multiple Users: Hi,We had a Windows 11 PC, and needed to activate RDP for multiple users. Is there any way or do we need to purchase a license?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-rdp-for-multiple-users/fe8b82f1-14ff-4a8a-a12a-8edc0738877b
  6. Access multiple PCs with one External ip with RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access multiple PCs with one External ip with RDP: Hello Microsoft community,I need advise or to be pointed to the right direction.I have 2 desktops at home, I have one set with 3389 as the port for the firewall rule - PC1I have the other one set with 3388 as the port for the firewall rule - PC2I am using my external ip in...
  7. Access multiple PCs with one External ip with RDP

Access multiple PCs with one External ip with RDP: Hello Microsoft community,I need advise or to be pointed to the right direction.I have 2 desktops at home, I have one set with 3389 as the port for the firewall rule - PC1I have the other one set with 3388 as the port for the firewall rule - PC2I am using my external ip in...
  8. Access multiple PCs with one External ip with RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. RDP had multiple active sessions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP had multiple active sessions: Hithe other day i had this unusual issue where a user was using RDP to connect to their work machine and instead of joining the existing session they had from a previous day it created a new one whilst also keeping the old one active, this prompted the user to select which...
  10. RDP had multiple active sessions

RDP had multiple active sessions: Hithe other day i had this unusual issue where a user was using RDP to connect to their work machine and instead of joining the existing session they had from a previous day it created a new one whilst also keeping the old one active, this prompted the user to select which...