Windows 10: Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no clear sound

Discus and support Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no clear sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently updated my laptop to 2004 build. I have two user accounts. After switching from one user to another the one that was switched to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnjiJ, Jun 20, 2020.

1. AnjiJ Win User

Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no clear sound

I have recently updated my laptop to 2004 build.

I have two user accounts. After switching from one user to another the one that was switched to doesn't have sounds, only windows sounds.

Doesn't work in web browsers and applications like zoom meeting / google meeting, only PC restart helps.

sounds works for only whoever logs in first after restart, switched user experiencing this sound problem.

Windows 10 64bit. 2004, Build19041.329

Looks like this issue was there in older release and fixed with KB4490481 my question is how to fix it on latest build 2004.

:)

AnjiJ, Jun 20, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 20, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no clear sound

Needing to clear Multiple Users from Multiple Computers

Hello,

In my company we use multiple computers that multiple users log into. Due to the nature of their work; the computers run out of Disk Space very quickly. When that happens at the moment we log into the computers clear old user accounts.

However, we then come into the issue of Temp Profiles being created. So then we go into Regedit to delete the .bak files.

This happens multiple time a day - everyday.

Is there a way to automate this process? I tried creating a Task Schedule where it would delete all of the users accounts every night but I would like to automate the process instead of manually logging in to delete the .bak files.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

Thank you

Stephanie_G_C, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no clear sound

1. Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no clear sound - Similar Threads - multiple users user

2. One app multiple Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One app multiple Users: So I bought Forza Horizon 4 and I wanted to use it on another user. I searched in the forums one one guy said that if you click install it lets you access the app because its already installed but it asks me to install again and i don't have more space what do I do?...
  3. Multiple users on one PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple users on one PC: When multiple users use the same PC, why can't User B see the files inside User A's folders in This PC 3D Objects, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos but can see the files on Local Disk? Also, how can I prevent another user from seeing what files I have...
  4. Multiple Users One Desktop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple Users One Desktop?: Hello, can I share my desktop with several users at the same time? and have 2 or 3 friends or even more operate a PC or VM for me? If so, how and what tools are needed to make it reasonably safe ;) Mehrere Benutzer Ein Desktop?
  5. Needing to clear Multiple Users from Multiple Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Needing to clear Multiple Users from Multiple Computers: Hello, In my company we use multiple computers that multiple users log into. Due to the nature of their work; the computers run out of Disk Space very quickly. When that happens at the moment we log into the computers clear old user accounts. However, we then come into...
  6. One pc multiple user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One pc multiple user accounts: Sorry it's so long, I wanted to explain everything, I use both Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive as backup for all of my computers. but recently my son asked to borrow my laptop, I said yes, he went in my office and just closed the lid, he did not see the earbuds laying...
  7. multiple users one lic

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    multiple users one lic: My wife has a mac and was using my account. now it doesn't recognize her ? How do I install her as a user? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-one-lic/15150b73-5429-4e8d-8d56-ccb71b9c489f"
  8. Sounds Problems with Multiple User PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sounds Problems with Multiple User PC: I have a desktop running windows 10. I am the administrator and my two kids each have their own user logins (and family accounts with Microsoft). When I login the PC works fine. However, when either of my kids login on their accounts there is no sound from any of the...
  9. Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no sound.: I have pretty fresh install of windows 10. New PC with clean Windows 10, built in the end of November 2018. A month after it was built, I changed graphics card. From Nvidia 1050ti to 1070ti. I have two user accounts. After switching from one user to another the one that was...
  10. Multiple Users Signed In at One Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Users Signed In at One Time: I've loaded Windows 10 in a VM running on Windows 8.1. I've created multiple user but can't seem to figure out how to sign into a second account while still signed in to the first account. In Windows 8.1 this was easy! Sorry for the (maybe) dumb question. 2620