Windows 10: Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update

Discus and support Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What it says in the title, basically. I use snap assist every day, in both professional and casual settings, to work with multiple windows at once and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by anb406, Aug 13, 2019.

1. anb406 Win User

Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update

What it says in the title, basically. I use snap assist every day, in both professional and casual settings, to work with multiple windows at once and resize them to the proportions I need, but after the forced update to the May 2019 version (build 18362) most of the snap functions are no longer working. I can still hit the windows key + arrow key to move a window to half of the screen, but it will no longer show thumbnails on the blank side to assign another window to that section, and when I manually assign another window to the other half, I can't resize both of them at once. They don't line up properly and just overlap each other when I try to adjust them, and it makes it a huge pain to try to manipulate the windows I'm working with. As you can see in the screenshot below, the options I'm looking for ARE selected, and I've tried turning the snap function off and on again, as well as shutting down my computer and turning it back on again, but it still doesn't work.

I don't think rolling back the update is an option, seeing as it was doing its best to update with or without my permission, and this seems like more of an annoying inconvenience than a huge problem. However, it definitely is inconvenient, and I want to know if there's something I can do to fix it, or if I'm just stuck waiting for a future update to address it.

Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update ff683657-5a1d-41ed-8263-586a65b5e76e?upload=true.png

:)

anb406, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Hokienat Win User

Windows 10 Snap Assist/ Multitasking Not Working

I had same problem. I was pulling my hair out! I kept searching for answers and found it. I clicked on a link on how to deactivate snap assist and discovered that snap assist is not activated automatically on install of Windows 10. Pretty big step to leave
    out if you ask me on all of the instruction videos of multitasking with 10. haha. Anyway. Go to settings from start. Then go to multitasking and you will see the answer to your question. Turn on snap assist. Hope this helps. Pay it forward.

Hokienat, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Kouly Win User
    Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362

Hi,

Since I've upgraded some Windows 10 computers to May 2019 (1903) build 18362, Snap Assist is no longer functioning. I cannot drag with my mouse to have multiple windows displayed.

I've noticed that some Windows 10 computers on my network that have not been upgraded show
    "Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen" under Multitasking, and hence these computers have no issues with Snap Assist.

All Windows 10 May 2019 computers DO NOT have this option and Snap windows is set to
    ON under Multitasking, but yet Snap Assist does not work.

I need this option enabled and available so please assist urgently.

Thanks,

Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update 7b70f632-97ff-4dfa-95fd-fcef4c6275e1?upload=true.jpg

Kouly, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update

Snap Assist no longer working (W10)

Isn't this overkill for a simple setting change?

I got this from a site (credited just after the paste.)

Start menu to settings.

Under system select: Multitasking.

Select snap options

Under snap

Arrange windows: on

When I snap more than one : on

When I snap a windows, show what I can snap next to it: On

Sorry for the short answer, My eyesight makes that necessary.

Credit and a much better written answer on: How To Turn On/Off Snap in Windows 10

Randommantus (Greg for short), Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update

1. Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update - Similar Threads - multitasking snap assist

2. How to "snap" windows to multitask?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to "snap" windows to multitask?: I thought this was a feature of Windows 11 but apparently it's included in W10 too. It's turned on on my laptop yet i cannot use it. I've tried opening one window on the left side and another window on the right side of the screen but nothing happens, they dont snap side by...
  3. Snap Assist / Multitasking Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap Assist / Multitasking Not Working: This is happening for all of my browsers . How can I fix this bug for the snap assist feature. This has been happening since I bought the laptop back in February ....
  4. Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update

Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update: As far as I can tell, the following topic was not resolved: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-multitaskingsnap-assist-no-longer/b5b5e68c-141a-4e4c-9bc9-34fccb5778e8 Any updates? If not, I specifically can't do the following using snap:...
  5. Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362

Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362: Hi, Since I've upgraded some Windows 10 computers to May 2019 (1903) build 18362, Snap Assist is no longer functioning. I cannot drag with my mouse to have multiple windows displayed. I've noticed that some Windows 10 computers on my network that have not been upgraded...
  6. Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.: The screen will go black, but the laptop does not shut off. If I wiggle the mouse, the lock screen appears. Another thing odd is, when I pick hibernate from the power menu, the screen goes blue for a moment with the word 'Locking...' in the center...not sure if that means...
  7. Notification assistant Windows 10 may update 2019

Notification assistant Windows 10 may update 2019: Hello everyone, I installed the May 2019 update for Windows 10. For the notifications assistant, I enabled the option "When using an app in full screen" in the settings. However I have noticed that, in this case, the assistant is also activated when I simply visualize the...
  8. Snap Assist not working correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snap Assist not working correctly: Whenever I use Snap Assist I always get *this*, I've tried shutting down Dell PremierColor using Task Manager and turn the Snap Assist feature off and on. If I want to set it halfway, I have to set my cursor at very specific spots for it to work. [ATTACH]...
  9. Snap Assist In Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Snap Assist In Windows 10: [ATTACH] Snap Assist is a feature in Windows 10, that is not noticed by many. Though this feature is enabled by default in every Windows 10 PC, only a very few users are using it. In this post, we will learn [...] This post How to use Snap Assist In Windows 10 is from...
  10. Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem: The Snap function doesn't work correctly after a window get saved in half screen edge snap. I don't if my upgrade when wrong or there' an actual bug with it. It works normally on a new user Account but it'll breaks the same way. Can someone here try to replicate this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 multitasking snap not working