Windows 10: Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Snap function doesn't work correctly after a window get saved in half screen edge snap. I don't if my upgrade when wrong or there' an actual bug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Snackman, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Snackman Win User

Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem

The Snap function doesn't work correctly after a window get saved in half screen edge snap. I don't if my upgrade when wrong or there' an actual bug with it. It works normally on a new user Account but it'll breaks the same way. Can someone here try to replicate this?

Basically I want you guys to open something other than Microsoft Edge or file explorer and Snap it to one side then log off. It should save and restore the size and position you left it in. I used firefox. It has to restore a window snapped to the edge when you open it. If it doesn't try a different app and log off and on until you do. Once an app restores a window snapped to edge try to snap it away from the edge. I had Firefox restores it snap to the right side. I tried snap it left but it doesn't work.

I found it could start near the edge but not flushed. I want you to vertical snap and expand more half the screen and flush to the edge. Try to snap it back to the edge. What happens? It should snap back half the screen. For me it just undo the vertical snap.

:)

Snackman, Aug 2, 2015

2. Disable Split Screen on Windows 10

Try disabling the snap function on multitasking through left mouse >start >settings >system and >multitasking option in the main listing on the listed options on the left hand side of the screen.

Stueyboy02, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Hokienat Win User
    Windows 10 Snap Assist/ Multitasking Not Working

I had same problem. I was pulling my hair out! I kept searching for answers and found it. I clicked on a link on how to deactivate snap assist and discovered that snap assist is not activated automatically on install of Windows 10. Pretty big step to leave
    out if you ask me on all of the instruction videos of multitasking with 10. haha. Anyway. Go to settings from start. Then go to multitasking and you will see the answer to your question. Turn on snap assist. Hope this helps. Pay it forward.

Hokienat, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem

1. Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem - Similar Threads - Multitasking Snap function

2. Multitasking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multitasking: Device: Lenovo ideacentre AIO 510S All-in-one Touchscreen PC Manufacturer part no: F0C3001RUK This is actually more about the mouse [2.4G wireless ZTM600 mouse, silver] than anything. The scroll bar on this mouse is like a touchpad and its a tiny bit problematic. On my...
  3. Multitasking windows

Multitasking windows: I was able to split windows 2 or 3 days ago and then there was updates done and I have not been able to since. All the settings in multitasking are turned on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multitasking-windows/51518be3-2397-4063-82b9-da83198c38bd
  4. Auto Snap to function of the pointer while typing.

Auto Snap to function of the pointer while typing.: I am trying to find out how to stop the autosnap function of the mouse pointer while I am typing. It seems to occur everywhere but here. Where do you adjust this function?...
  5. window snap

window snap: i want to be able to move a window to the top edge of the screen without it snapping into fullscreen mode, how do i turn it off?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-snap/869109bc-2f75-4ae1-a278-dd294f593c94
  6. Windows 10 Multitasking screen

Windows 10 Multitasking screen: I have turned off snap, but cannot get rid of the multi-view. I have restarted and tried again. I am not a fan of navigating what I'm working on and just want to have the usual home screen and to be able to easily find documents and click on apps on my home screen,....
  7. snap

snap: I don't understand when I read to snap a window automatically fill the page or screen??please I'm not that tech savvy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/snap/2fe10897-8a5e-4cdb-beff-fab06217a9a7
  8. [Multitasking View] Some questions about multitasking in windows 10

[Multitasking View] Some questions about multitasking in windows 10: Hi team and all, I am using multitasking view i.e. the virtual desktop function in windows 10. It is an awesome function, meanwhile a thought came into my mind that I'd like to change the name of the virtual desktops rather than desktop 1, 2, 3... I know there is some...
  9. Snap Assist In Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Snap Assist In Windows 10: [ATTACH] Snap Assist is a feature in Windows 10, that is not noticed by many. Though this feature is enabled by default in every Windows 10 PC, only a very few users are using it. In this post, we will learn [...] This post How to use Snap Assist In Windows 10 is from...
  10. Slow Multitasking on windows 10 on Lenovo Y5070

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Multitasking on windows 10 on Lenovo Y5070: Hi there, I bought Lenovo Y5070 laptop recently with these specs: Intel Corei7 4720, 16 gig Ram, Geforce GTX 960m 4 Gig DDR5, and the second graphic card of intel 4600. I installed windows 10 on this laptop with the latest drivers but I have a big issue with multitasking,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 Multitasking snap