Windows 10: Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Snap function doesn't work correctly after a window get saved in half screen edge snap. I don't if my upgrade when wrong or there' an actual bug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Snackman, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Snackman Win User

Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem

The Snap function doesn't work correctly after a window get saved in half screen edge snap. I don't if my upgrade when wrong or there' an actual bug with it. It works normally on a new user Account but it'll breaks the same way. Can someone here try to replicate this?

Basically I want you guys to open something other than Microsoft Edge or file explorer and Snap it to one side then log off. It should save and restore the size and position you left it in. I used firefox. It has to restore a window snapped to the edge when you open it. If it doesn't try a different app and log off and on until you do. Once an app restores a window snapped to edge try to snap it away from the edge. I had Firefox restores it snap to the right side. I tried snap it left but it doesn't work.

I found it could start near the edge but not flushed. I want you to vertical snap and expand more half the screen and flush to the edge. Try to snap it back to the edge. What happens? It should snap back half the screen. For me it just undo the vertical snap.

:)

Snackman, Aug 2, 2015

2. Disable Split Screen on Windows 10

Try disabling the snap function on multitasking through left mouse >start >settings >system and >multitasking option in the main listing on the listed options on the left hand side of the screen.

Stueyboy02, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Hokienat Win User
    Windows 10 Snap Assist/ Multitasking Not Working

I had same problem. I was pulling my hair out! I kept searching for answers and found it. I clicked on a link on how to deactivate snap assist and discovered that snap assist is not activated automatically on install of Windows 10. Pretty big step to leave
    out if you ask me on all of the instruction videos of multitasking with 10. haha. Anyway. Go to settings from start. Then go to multitasking and you will see the answer to your question. Turn on snap assist. Hope this helps. Pay it forward.

Hokienat, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem

1. Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem - Similar Threads - Multitasking Snap function

2. How to "snap" windows to multitask?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to "snap" windows to multitask?: I thought this was a feature of Windows 11 but apparently it's included in W10 too. It's turned on on my laptop yet i cannot use it. I've tried opening one window on the left side and another window on the right side of the screen but nothing happens, they dont snap side by...
  3. multitask side snap not displaying every window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multitask side snap not displaying every window: Second mandatory thing I need to say first: Quit censoring me, maybe?Mandatory thing I needed to add because this site is fücking terrible: This post should be categorized in Apps, not Settings, because that's the kind of problem I'm having, but NONE OF THE SUB TOPICS FOR...
  4. multitask side snap not displaying every window

in Windows 10 Customization
    multitask side snap not displaying every window: Second mandatory thing I need to say first: Quit censoring me, maybe?Mandatory thing I needed to add because this site is fücking terrible: This post should be categorized in Apps, not Settings, because that's the kind of problem I'm having, but NONE OF THE SUB TOPICS FOR...
  5. multitask side snap not displaying every window

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Snap Assist / Multitasking Not Working

Snap Assist / Multitasking Not Working: This is happening for all of my browsers . How can I fix this bug for the snap assist feature. This has been happening since I bought the laptop back in February ....
  7. Snap not functioning correctly anymore

Snap not functioning correctly anymore: When I snap a window drag it to the outer edge on screen, it is not showing/giving me the option to choose what I can snap next to it. This just started a few weeks ago and I haven't changed my "multitasking' settings at all snap windows is on and all options are checked. I...
  8. Windows 10 Snap functionality

Windows 10 Snap functionality: I have multiple monitors and a few months back there must have been an update and now dragging windows between the screens has become a hassle. The grab function from the sides of the screens is too strong. I end up having to move the window half way between the screens and...
  9. Windows 10 - Multitasking - Snapping Windows / Application Window Consistency

Windows 10 - Multitasking - Snapping Windows / Application Window Consistency: I am writing this because for over the past couple years I have had a gripe with some seemingly nonadjustable aspects to the operating system. One being what the "Snapping Windows" feature does and when opening new application windows. For the "Snapping Windows" feature, I...
  10. Windows 10 - Multitasking - Snapping Windows / Application Window Consistency

Windows 10 - Multitasking - Snapping Windows / Application Window Consistency: I am writing this because for over the past couple years I have had a gripe with some seemingly nonadjustable aspects to the operating system. One being what the "Snapping Windows" feature does and when opening new application windows. For the "Snapping Windows" feature, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 Multitasking snap