Windows 10: Windows 10 - Multitasking - Snapping Windows / Application Window Consistency

Discus and support Windows 10 - Multitasking - Snapping Windows / Application Window Consistency in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am writing this because for over the past couple years I have had a gripe with some seemingly nonadjustable aspects to the operating system. One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OwtaCtrl1, Oct 16, 2019.

1. OwtaCtrl1 Win User

Windows 10 - Multitasking - Snapping Windows / Application Window Consistency

I am writing this because for over the past couple years I have had a gripe with some seemingly nonadjustable aspects to the operating system. One being what the "Snapping Windows" feature does and when opening new application windows.

For the "Snapping Windows" feature, I like the concept and appreciate its creation. However, it is worthless and frustrating to me when I click on the taskbar and the boarders of both windows disappear and leave a 1-2 pixel gap showing my desktop. ALL I WANT IS TO NOT SEE THAT WHEN I WORK! I don't want to hear that I can move the windows after the snap to get rid of my problem, because I have manually been doing this for the past few years and just want this feature to be done correctly. If I am missing some in-depth tutorial on how to fix it through the operating system's code I will gladly do that! But please don't give me some basic 'how to' on what the snapping window feature does. All I am asking for is to get rid of the gap showing the desktop when the boarder disappears in the following areas: window-to-window, window-to-taskbar and window-to-display side.

The other issue that I had stated earlier is the Operating System's constant drifting of application windows placement when opening commonly used applications. What happens is that I close a program in a specific place (maybe some small part of the application's window is off-screen I give you that) and when I reopen that application, I used like 5 mins ago, it is like 10 pixels away from where it was placed last time and sometimes a number of pixels smaller vertically. I understand if this is a feature so that when I open the same window 50 times it doesn't just stack all 50 in the same area. However, I am just talking about the slight inconsistency from an unchanged previous experience. This becomes very annoying when I have to open file explorer and it is off more and more every time I want to have it open. By the end of the day it opens on the right when I started it on the left. Can there just be a setting to turn off application startup placement drifting. It would even be better if I could assign specific applications to startup in certain placements and sizes prior to application initialization, via an application window customize or editor.

Please, if an official responds to this post, do not give me a link to go a 'how to' on the features discussed. I just want to know if there might be a community that would know of my gripes or if I could ask some Microsoft technicians to look at ways to fix or if they want to add a new options to the operating system.

- Thank you for your time and I hope for a more consistent tomorrow!

:)

OwtaCtrl1, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Multitasking - Snapping Windows / Application Window Consistency

Snap multitasking not working properly

Have you made any changes or performed any updates recently? Please check the Snap settings and make sure that these settings are enabled:

• Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.
    • When I snap a window, automatically size it to fill available space
    • When I snap a window, show what I can snap next to it
    • When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

Just click the Windows key > Setting >
    System
    , then select Multitasking.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Multitasking - Snapping Windows / Application Window Consistency

1. Windows 10 - Multitasking - Snapping Windows / Application Window Consistency - Similar Threads - Multitasking Snapping Application

2. How to "snap" windows to multitask?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to "snap" windows to multitask?: I thought this was a feature of Windows 11 but apparently it's included in W10 too. It's turned on on my laptop yet i cannot use it. I've tried opening one window on the left side and another window on the right side of the screen but nothing happens, they dont snap side by...
  3. multitask side snap not displaying every window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multitask side snap not displaying every window: Second mandatory thing I need to say first: Quit censoring me, maybe?Mandatory thing I needed to add because this site is fücking terrible: This post should be categorized in Apps, not Settings, because that's the kind of problem I'm having, but NONE OF THE SUB TOPICS FOR...
  4. multitask side snap not displaying every window

in Windows 10 Customization
    multitask side snap not displaying every window: Second mandatory thing I need to say first: Quit censoring me, maybe?Mandatory thing I needed to add because this site is fücking terrible: This post should be categorized in Apps, not Settings, because that's the kind of problem I'm having, but NONE OF THE SUB TOPICS FOR...
  5. multitask side snap not displaying every window

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Snap Assist / Multitasking Not Working

Snap Assist / Multitasking Not Working: This is happening for all of my browsers . How can I fix this bug for the snap assist feature. This has been happening since I bought the laptop back in February ....
  7. Snap application windows to specific places.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snap application windows to specific places.: I have a laptop at work with two external monitors. I like to have apps set in specific places on certain screens. But when I undock my laptop to go to meetings or such, when I get back all apps are on the main screen of my 3 screen setup and I have to reconfigure them all...
  8. Windows 10 - Multitasking - Snapping Windows / Application Window Consistency

Windows 10 - Multitasking - Snapping Windows / Application Window Consistency: I am writing this because for over the past couple years I have had a gripe with some seemingly nonadjustable aspects to the operating system. One being what the "Snapping Windows" feature does and when opening new application windows. For the "Snapping Windows" feature, I...
  9. Multitasking windows

Multitasking windows: I was able to split windows 2 or 3 days ago and then there was updates done and I have not been able to since. All the settings in multitasking are turned on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multitasking-windows/51518be3-2397-4063-82b9-da83198c38bd
  10. Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem: The Snap function doesn't work correctly after a window get saved in half screen edge snap. I don't if my upgrade when wrong or there' an actual bug with it. It works normally on a new user Account but it'll breaks the same way. Can someone here try to replicate this?...