Windows 10: Windows 10 music stops playing when turning monitor off

Discus and support Windows 10 music stops playing when turning monitor off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear MS, something has changed, mayber after some update? Suddenly, when I turn off the monitor of my Desktop-PC, music stops playing (no matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 3lectr0, Jul 5, 2018.

1. 3lectr0 Win User

Windows 10 music stops playing when turning monitor off

Dear MS,

something has changed, mayber after some update?

Suddenly, when I turn off the monitor of my Desktop-PC, music stops playing (no matter what music player is used).

Note that the PC does NOT go into standby as I always have standby turned off. So it is NOT related to any standby setting!

Please tell me what is going on, why has this behavior changed? I use Windows 10 since it was first released and NEVER had this issue before! I could start my music, turn off the monitor and go to bed. It was working fine all the time so for sure something has changed or is broken!

Help is really appreciated!

:)

3lectr0, Jul 5, 2018

2. Monitor off music stops.

Thank you for providing additional information about the issue. Most probably, this problem might occur due to an outdated or corrupted display adapter driver that causes your monitor to completely turn off when pressing the power button instead of going
    to sleep. If you're using a speaker for music, it should play even if the monitor is on sleep mode. However, if the monitor is completely off, it will stop the music that you're playing.

We suggest that you keep the display adapter driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Desktop or screen shutting down, 90 seconds of non use. keep my music playing and it stays on until music stops. ?

Hello,

We would like to confirm the issue. Is the music continues to play even after the screen turns off?

For us to provide you accurate troubleshooting steps, May we know the following?

• What is the version of your Operating System?

Type winver in the Search field.
    • What program are you using to play the music?
    • What do you want to achieve? To continue play the music even if the screen display turns off or For the music to stop together with monitor turning off?

We look forward to your response.

Carmela Ric, Jul 5, 2018
  4. KrisOrr Win User

Monitor off music stops.

For the last 15 years when I go to bed I set music to play, turn off the monitor and enjoy a peaceful sleep. But now when I turn the monitor off the music stops. Any idea how to fix this?

KrisOrr, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 music stops playing when turning monitor off - Similar Threads - music stops playing

2. monitors are turning off when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitors are turning off when gaming: everytime i play something it cause my monitors to turn off after some time and i dont know whyI`ve already changed my PSU and cpu cooler to a water cooling system and the problem still existI was also testing my temps and my cpu has 84* max when gpu is 80*so im really...
  3. Monitors turning off while playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors turning off while playing game: Hello!So i have this problem, when i play PC Building Simulator my monitor just turns off after 6 min, but i can hear the sound and the fans and all other stuff is working, just monitors turning off. I have checked the temperature - GPU: 70 degrees, mby a bit more, CPU: 50...
  4. Monitors turning off while playing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors turning off while playing game: Hello!So i have this problem, when i play PC Building Simulator my monitor just turns off after 6 min, but i can hear the sound and the fans and all other stuff is working, just monitors turning off. I have checked the temperature - GPU: 70 degrees, mby a bit more, CPU: 50...
  5. Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off

Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off: Hello, I am trying to record video from my webcam while my monitor is turned off but everytime i turn off my monitor, the webcam turns off aswell. How do I fix this issue?...
  6. Why the screen doesn't turn off when only playing music?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why the screen doesn't turn off when only playing music?: Sometimes I only play music on my laptop, without touching the keyboard and the mouse at all, but the screen doesn't turn off. the power plan settings say that it should turn off the display after 5 minutes when on battery and after 10 minutes when plugged in, but it's not...
  7. Windows 10 Monitors turn off -- audio play back stops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Monitors turn off -- audio play back stops: What year is it? 2020 What is the problem? Windows turns off monitors and the HDMI audio is cut off, ruining the playback. Smart devices phones, tablets do not have this problem. This is a Windows quirk. Ironically, Windows 10 has a tablet mode won't activate on a desktop...
  8. Win 10 stopped playing music

Win 10 stopped playing music: I've made no changes to the system but suddenly am unable to play any music file and see the following notification "signature is invalid. To register in developer mode, Appxsignaturep7X and AppXBlockMap.xml must be valid or must be present" I don't even know what...
  9. When no monitor is connected or turned off, windows can't play game or video

When no monitor is connected or turned off, windows can't play game or video: Hi, I notice that when ever I turn off my monitor, my game stops running. It just freeze and I won't be able to do anything, even if I close and reopen the game. When I turn on the monitor, everything comes back to normal. Same thing happens if you don't connect the...
  10. Groove Music stops when the screen goes off and the playing song ends

Groove Music stops when the screen goes off and the playing song ends: It may be silly me, but when the Groove Music plays a playing list and the screen goes off, after the end of the current song it stops. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some setting about this? Is there any player that would keep on playing even with the screen off? 42101