Windows 10: Windows 10 must have corrupted files on my CF card

Discus and support Windows 10 must have corrupted files on my CF card in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a CNC milling machine, C-tek. Today, I wanted to make a copy (clone) of its CF card. I took the card and read it on my PC (windows 10) through a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by FadiKusa, Jul 14, 2021.

1. FadiKusa Win User

Windows 10 must have corrupted files on my CF card

I have a CNC milling machine, C-tek. Today, I wanted to make a copy (clone) of its CF card. I took the card and read it on my PC (windows 10) through a card reader. Clone it, Then, return in it back to the CNC machine. After that, I started the machine, MS-DOS started, few message were shown, and then the machine freezes with black screen. I think that windows 10 modified some files on my CF card. Is it possible? I know windows defender can do something like that, but I had a look at the notifications and found nothing. The card has many EXE and bat files and others. I wish I could return my CF card as it was before it was read by my windows 10. What is your recommendations? My windows version number is 10.0.17134.

:)

FadiKusa, Jul 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 corrupts files without warning on SD & CF memory cards (FAT32)

What sampler? (Brand, model, serial, OS version)

Do all files from the sampler corrupt in 10, even on different CF cards? Do they not corrupt in Windows 8? I want to make sure it's not just a bad CF card.

The problem found over the summer was a very specific one due to a partner not writing a file correctly on FAT32 cards. So we added additional checks to work around the problem in their code.

Pete

Pete Brown [MSFT], Jul 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 corrupts files without warning on SD & CF memory cards (FAT32)

Summary: Windows 10 suspected to corrupt/destroy files without warning on memory cards when plugged in

Problem description:

• After upgrading to Windows 10 I put a SD-card (FAT32 formatted) into my external USB card reader.
    • The files on the memory card appear in green text - internet search indicate the files are (or are believed to be) encrypted by Windows EFS:

Windows 10 must have corrupted files on my CF card 7145751f-3cd0-4d15-978f-599bd85915ba.jpg

• Going to properties | advanced for the file the attribute shows that "Encrypt contents to secure data" is ticked - clicking the Details button shows and empty window where "Users who can access this file" is empty and "Recovery certificates for this file
      as defined by recovery policy" is empty:

Windows 10 must have corrupted files on my CF card 01deed61-8739-4bdb-a4a4-005796813c00.jpg

Windows 10 must have corrupted files on my CF card 00e6781c-c210-4614-b50e-6c377331ec7b.jpg

• Trying to untick "Encrypt contents to secure data" followed by OK and Apply results in "Access Denied" and then "Error Applying Attributes" (I have administrator privileges on my account and I use Run As Administrator on my Windows Explorer)

Windows 10 must have corrupted files on my CF card e9db442d-8076-4344-9207-342c4337a34c.jpg

Windows 10 must have corrupted files on my CF card d62a9239-3250-4bf2-9a3c-15d6a7e93862.jpg

Further steps performed:

• On my Windows 8.1 laptop, using the same card reader and card, the files appear in black and not encrypted - but they appear to be corrupt and can't be read as WAV-files following the "incident" on the desktop computer.
    • I have two cards with the same files, a SD-memory card and a CF-memory card because my audio recorder records to two cards for safety and backup reasons. Unfortunately I tried to access both cards in the reader on my Windows 10 computer and both memory
      cards now behave the same - messages as above on my Windows 10 computer and corrupt when accessing them on my laptop.
    Since this happened following the Windows 10 upgrade, and the same behaviour took place on two memory cards, and EFS is not supported on FAT, I can only guess that this is a very dangerous bug.

I contacted Microsoft Support using the Contact Support app chat who referred me to post the issue this forum and also said that the issue is under investigation.

Does anyone have more information on this issue? And can the files be saved somehow?

StefanPersson75, Jul 14, 2021
  4. Windows 10 must have corrupted files on my CF card

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 must have corrupted files on my CF card

1. Windows 10 must have corrupted files on my CF card - Similar Threads - must corrupted files

2. Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.: HiI have a card reader that can take CF express cards and sd cards.When i put a sd card in the reader it shows up and I can access the card, but when I put the CF express card in there nothing shows up.If I go to control panel it shows something is plugged in but when i look...
  3. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards: Ive run into this twice now, perfectly good 16GB Sandisk SDHC cards now rendered unusable after trying to read and/or format in windows 10.I have several wildlife trail cameras and usually take the files off with either my windows 10 Pro desktop or laptop, more often the HP...
  4. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards: Ive run into this twice now, perfectly good 16GB Sandisk SDHC cards now rendered unusable after trying to read and/or format in windows 10.I have several wildlife trail cameras and usually take the files off with either my windows 10 Pro desktop or laptop, more often the HP...
  5. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. my micro sd card corrupted in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my micro sd card corrupted in windows 10: Hi, I was formatting my micro SD card with quick format unchecked. While in progress by mistake I pressed escape key. Now it is corrupted. How to fix it?...
  7. USB CF Card reader

USB CF Card reader: I am a photographer and have been using my CF Reader for a while. All of a sudden windows stop seeing it. I have replaced reader with a new one , tried with other cards , and even tried on my surface which gets same updated as my PC. I have unistalled USB drivers an windows...
  8. CF CARD READER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CF CARD READER: I have a CF card from a canon rebel and I have a ugreen adapter to plug it into the computer but I can't open it, how do I access it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cf-card-reader/1570ed60-6326-48d8-b4ba-0e8cbb10cdd6"
  9. Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on CF card

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on CF card: Having just brought my camcorder back into use I find that while everything else still works fine, the still pictures saved / recorded to its SD Card are not (readily) displayed on my PC. They are not listed in File Explorer or alternatives to it and not found through Cortana...
  10. Files are corrupted on SD card

Files are corrupted on SD card: I use 512 SD card inserted in my Surface Go as an extra storage place. But I’ve recently found out that most of my files are corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-corrupted-on-sd-card/3f6ddc9c-be6d-4568-941b-e45837817246