Windows 10: Windows 10 mutes Winamp 5.8

Discus and support Windows 10 mutes Winamp 5.8 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The slider in App Volume and Device Preferences will return to 0 when a new track is being played. It occurs even I pull it to 100. I don’t have this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Holly Hill1, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 mutes Winamp 5.8

The slider in App Volume and Device Preferences will return to 0 when a new track is being played. It occurs even I pull it to 100. I don’t have this issue with other programs

:)

Holly Hill1, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 keeps muting Winamp

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could possibly be due to Winamp involuntarily controlling volume by itself. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Winamp Preferences window and select
      Output.
    • On the right pane, select Nullsoft waveOut plug-in
      and choose Configure.
    • At Volume Control, uncheck
      Enable.

• Save the changes, and exit Winamp.
    • Restart Winamp, raise the volume now to see if it still resets.

If the issue persists, as it is related to Winamp, I suggest you to post your query in the
    Winamp forums.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 30, 2019
  3. WhoCares8 Win User
    Windows 10 keeps muting Winamp

I installed Winamp 5.8, and for some reason Windows 10 keeps muting it. The slider in App Volume and Device Preferences keeps returning to 0 when a new track is played, even after I pull it to 100. How do I turn this off, it is very silly? It doesnt happen
    with any other program.

WhoCares8, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 mutes Winamp 5.8

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 mutes Winamp 5.8

1. Windows 10 mutes Winamp 5.8 - Similar Threads - mutes Winamp

2. Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.: Whenever I mute an app in Windows 10, the audio will still play as long as another app has audio playing. The YouTube video below shows me muting Minecraft, which will stay muted until I start the sound test for my headset.https://youtu.be/bKjd_Mi2rhsThe same issue happens if...
  3. Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.: Whenever I mute an app in Windows 10, the audio will still play as long as another app has audio playing. The YouTube video below shows me muting Minecraft, which will stay muted until I start the sound test for my headset.https://youtu.be/bKjd_Mi2rhsThe same issue happens if...
  4. Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Front Center sound muted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front Center sound muted: So I've had this issue for about 2 weeks now and I don't get it, my left and right sounds are perfectly fine however my front center sound is very muted. This has occurred to me before where I had reinstalled my audio driver provided by my previous question in order to fix...
  6. Front Center sound muted

Front Center sound muted: So I've had this issue for about 2 weeks now and I don't get it, my left and right sounds are perfectly fine however my front center sound is very muted. This has occurred to me before where I had reinstalled my audio driver provided by my previous question in order to fix...
  7. Who muted my speaker endpoint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who muted my speaker endpoint?: How does Windows remember the mute/unmute status of the Speaker endpoint? Is it stored somewhere like mmDevice? If my Speaker is mysteriously muted, not by my action but possibly by some background service, does Windows keep a record of which program caused the mute? How can...
  8. Who muted my speaker endpoint?

Who muted my speaker endpoint?: How does Windows remember the mute/unmute status of the Speaker endpoint? Is it stored somewhere like mmDevice? If my Speaker is mysteriously muted, not by my action but possibly by some background service, does Windows keep a record of which program caused the mute? How can...
  9. Windows 10 keeps muting Winamp

Windows 10 keeps muting Winamp: I installed Winamp 5.8, and for some reason Windows 10 keeps muting it. The slider in App Volume and Device Preferences keeps returning to 0 when a new track is played, even after I pull it to 100. How do I turn this off, it is very silly? It doesnt happen with any other...
  10. Windows 10 keeps muting Winamp

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keeps muting Winamp: I installed Winamp 5.8, and for some reason Windows 10 keeps muting it. The slider in App Volume and Device Preferences keeps returning to 0 when a new track is played, even after I pull it to 100. How do I turn this off, it is very silly? It doesnt happen with any other...