Windows 10: Windows 10 - My computer is not ping able - How to enable

Discus and support Windows 10 - My computer is not ping able - How to enable in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to enable so that someone from outside could ping my computer?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by vj78, Feb 6, 2021.

1. vj78 Win User

Windows 10 - My computer is not ping able - How to enable

How to enable so that someone from outside could ping my computer?

:)

vj78, Feb 6, 2021

2. Able to ping network path but not able to map network drive on Windows 10

Pinging a network drive is one thing and mapping it is another. Pinging uses TCP/IP protocol, while Mapping requires TCP protocol and NFS Protocols.

• Verify if NFS protocols are enabled on your network drive (by default it is already enabled in Windows 10).
    • What network drive are you using (NAS, external hard drive, etc)

Master_Thovy, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 ping problem with autoconfig enabled

Hi Denis,

Resetting your Wi-Fi router is one of the maintenance procedures that help refresh your network connectivity. In this way, it could eliminate latency and will return your network status like when you started using the Internet. To
    resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset your TCP/IP or
    Internet Protocol
    to its default settings. To do this, follow the instructions below:

Step #1: Run the Network troubleshooter. To diagnose your network configuration, perform the steps below:

1. Open Start menu, then click Settings icon.

2. Click Network & Internet.

3. On the left pane, click Status.

4. Click Network troubleshooter to diagnose and fix network problems.

Step #2: Perform an Internet connection reset via
    Command Prompt. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window.

2. Type cmd, then press Enter.

3. Type the following commands, then press Enter after typing each commands below:

netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt

netsh winhttp reset proxy

netsh int ip reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset

4. Restart your PC to complete the process.

Step #3: We also suggest that you restart your router and wait for 15-30 seconds then turn it on again. Visit this link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10
    for more troubleshooting alternatives for your Internet connection. Updating your
    Ethernet adapter driver is also suggested there.

Step #4: Ping Microsoft server
    then tell us the result through a screenshot.

1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.

2. Type cmd, then press Enter. Type ping
    www.microsoft.com and press Enter.

• If you receive 4 replies, it means that your connection with the site is working properly.
    • If you got a request time out, it means that your connection has issues.

Step #5: Disable all other anti-virus programs and enable
    Windows Defender only.

Step #6: Check your Internet connection ping status and speed.
    You can test it here: www.speedtest.net.

Step #7: If you are using a wireless connection, make sure that there is no interference around your area that blocks its signal. We also suggest that you must be in close proximity with your WiFi source or signal.
    If all troubleshooting steps above have no avail, contact your Internet service provider for more assistance.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Feb 6, 2021
  4. jackin Win User

Able to ping network path but not able to map network drive on Windows 10

So i ran into this situation today. Computer A (Windows 7 professional) and Computer B (Windows 10) both connected to same domain.

Computer A can access network drive, but computer B cannot

This is what i tried on computer B, which has Windows 10

Verified advanced network sharing settings are enabled

Verified computer B can ping network path, but unable to map network drive

flushed DNS. Tried browsing to network drive, no good

Tried accessing network path with IPv4 address, network path, but no success

Not sure why computer B can ping the network drive but cannot map to network drive

Also verified NetBIOS is enabled.

Are there any other troubleshooting steps that i missed or what else should i check on Windows 10 about mapping network drive?

jackin, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - My computer is not ping able - How to enable - Similar Threads - computer ping able

2. Not able to enable virtualisation in the BIOS of my windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to enable virtualisation in the BIOS of my windows 11.: I am unable to install and work with ubuntu 20.04 on my windows . Every time I try to work with it , when I click on ubuntu app on my windows it open a terminal that says wslRegisterDistribution failed with error 0x80370102 please enable the virtual machine platform windows...
  3. Not able to enable virtualisation in the BIOS of my windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to enable virtualisation in the BIOS of my windows 11.: I am unable to install and work with ubuntu 20.04 on my windows . Every time I try to work with it , when I click on ubuntu app on my windows it open a terminal that says wslRegisterDistribution failed with error 0x80370102 please enable the virtual machine platform windows...
  4. Not able to enable windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not able to enable windows defender: Not able to enable windows defender. Tried all the solutions provided in comments and community. Still not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/not-able-to-enable-windows-defender/1700e846-8d43-4f68-ad15-e433f1e1cfdc
  5. Able to ping but no internet for browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Able to ping but no internet for browsers: Since updating last week with windows update kb4023057 and kb5003637 any browser that I try to use will not connect to the internet Chrome, edge, Firefox. I have been unable to sync my email as well. I am able to ping any address I enter as well as IP with no issue. I have...
  6. not able to enable telnet client in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not able to enable telnet client in windows 10: Hello , i am trying to enable telnet client but i getting the following error message [ATTACH] so tried updating my windows but getting this error [ATTACH] i have win 10 home version 1903 currently installed. 64bit x64 based processor...
  7. Not able to login my window 10 computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not able to login my window 10 computer: Hi I used netplwiz.exe command to skip login password screen as fellow the instruction and after restart my computer its still asking for password but the case is i tried the same password that i always use now not working and not able to login even i try ti cean up my pc...
  8. not able to enable bluetooth on my device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not able to enable bluetooth on my device: Dear All, I have tried 3-4 methods like updating driver ,downloading and updating driver, adding legacy drivers and took multiple restarts of my laptop which i work on windows 10 but nothing above worked for me same goes with my webcam too can anyone help on this it's bit...
  9. how can I enable bluetooth on my computer with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can I enable bluetooth on my computer with windows 10: how can I enable bluetooth on my computer with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-enable-bluetooth-on-my-computer-with/6557050e-059c-473e-b1b4-958bb89e6bdf
  10. Bitlock not able to Enable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlock not able to Enable: Hi , we have win 10 enterprise Edition . The OS installed through UEFI mode after that i power on the machine . It won't ask the Bitlocker Pin .so i thought i would ask the next logon. i restarted again then also not asking not able to activation manually also. Do the...