Windows 10: Windows 10 my computer stopped listening to me.. i cant use search bar, or microsoft edge,...

Discus and support Windows 10 my computer stopped listening to me.. i cant use search bar, or microsoft edge,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I'm having a issue with Microsoft edge. and the computer itself.. I don't know whats going on I scanned with avg and antimaleware bytes. Heres a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cryght, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Cryght Win User

Windows 10 my computer stopped listening to me.. i cant use search bar, or microsoft edge,...

So I'm having a issue with Microsoft edge. and the computer itself.. I don't know whats going on I scanned with avg and antimaleware bytes. Heres a list of all the issues I have..

1: Microsoft edge is virtually unresponsive. I am not able to click the URL bar, or access my favorites, Or even add things to favorites.. IF I try to view my history the browser just shuts down..

2: My computer itself wont let me click on the Search bar by start menu. and auto clicks the microphone.. as if wanting to force me to use cortonna despite shes disabled.. Also I tried to view stuff in the System section and it wont function..

it wasn't behaving this way yesterday... but today its like my windows 10 just decided to give up on me.

I don't know what section this belongs to but I hope someone can help me..

:)

Cryght, Feb 20, 2019

2. How do I stop Windows 10/Edge saving all my typed search topics?

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

Here is how you can stop Microsoft Edge browser from showing you search suggestions in the address bar:

• Press the hotkey Win+R to open the Run dialog. Type
      gpedit.msc
      in the Run dialog and press Enter. This will open the Group Policy Editor.
    • In the Group Policy Editor, expand Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → Windows Components → Microsoft Edge
    • Double-click on the Stop address bar from showing search suggestions setting in the right-side panel.
    • In the settings window, select Disabled and then click OK.
    That’s it. The settings apply as soon as you click on the OK button. Now if you open the Microsoft Edge web browser and try typing something in the address bar, then you won’t see any search suggestions. You can obviously revert the setting by following
    exactly the same steps and choosing Not Configured or Enabled in the last step and saving the settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 my computer stopped listening to me.. i cant use search bar, or microsoft edge,...

How do I stop Windows 10/Edge saving all my typed search topics?

Pressed Windows +R. Typed in gpedit.msc - Windows cannot find "gpedit.msc" make sure you typed the name correctly then try again.

MalcolmDale, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 my computer stopped listening to me.. i cant use search bar, or microsoft edge,...

1. Windows 10 my computer stopped listening to me.. i cant use search bar, or microsoft edge,... - Similar Threads - computer stopped listening

2. How to stop Edge suggestion in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Edge suggestion in windows search bar: Hi,Every time I open the search bar in windows I get this ad for microsoft edge. Does anyone know how to disable it? Pressing the x just makes it re-appear when I next click the search bar. I also cannot find any settings and I believe I have disabled suggestions everywhere...
  3. How to stop Edge suggestion in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Edge suggestion in windows search bar: Hi,Every time I open the search bar in windows I get this ad for microsoft edge. Does anyone know how to disable it? Pressing the x just makes it re-appear when I next click the search bar. I also cannot find any settings and I believe I have disabled suggestions everywhere...
  4. How to stop Edge suggestion in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Looking for my search bar in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Looking for my search bar in Edge: Is there a way to add or display a search bar next to the address bar in Microsoft Edge? I have looked but haven't found an answer. Help! :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-my-search-bar-in-edge/b7678238-4902-4041-86ff-68ecb16f14e0
  6. i cant type in the windows search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i cant type in the windows search bar: i've tried restarting the windows search service, tried to rebuild in the index and tried something in powershell but don't thin it worked correctly, can anyone help? submitted by /u/Lexahh [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 cant use search bar, edge, store, anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 cant use search bar, edge, store, anything: When i click on the search bar, it deselects itself, when i click on a game on the store the store closes itself and when i open microsoft edge it closes itself automatically....
  8. Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing: So I just installed Microsoft 10. i set it up and once I got in, I’m missing my search bar, edge and cortana, I right clicked on taskbar and clicked show on search bar and when i click it it doesnt let me search, and I have a bunch of weird widgets on my Start.[IMG]...
  9. Search bars edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search bars edge: Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is another search bar. I'm using windows 10 home edge and bing as search engine. Any help here Please. Many Thanks.. PS Should...
  10. Microsoft Edge changing search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge changing search bar: How to change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge These instructions are outdated- my Microsoft edge no longer has the "Add New" button for search engines Instead of I try to follow the instructions, there is only a button to change the search engines which then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i click on duckduckgo on the taskbar but edge bing opens 11 google