Windows 10: Windows 10 My Documents Location Tab

Discus and support Windows 10 My Documents Location Tab in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a brand new Dell laptop. I am trying to shift the default My Documents folder to my second drive (D:) but My Documents is the only folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenjaminCox2, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Windows 10 My Documents Location Tab

Hi,

I have a brand new Dell laptop. I am trying to shift the default My Documents folder to my second drive (DWindows 10 My Documents Location Tab :) but My Documents is the only folder without a 'Location' tab within it's properties window.

Please could you guide me through how to do this?

Thanks,

Benjamin

:)

BenjaminCox2, Nov 10, 2018

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Documents Folder - Move Location in Windows 10

Open "This PC" to see if the folder is there at the top. If so, see if it may have the "Location" tab. If not, then you should be able to use what's in the blue note box under step 2 to find your "Documents" folder with the Location tab.

Brink, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Windows 10 My Documents Location Tab

Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 My Documents Location Tab

1. Windows 10 My Documents Location Tab - Similar Threads - Documents Location Tab

2. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: As requested by Ramesh Srinivasan I am opening a new thread but as I posted in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-documents-folder-location-tab-that-is/89a13aaa-0d79-4353-a669-871ac8024949 I have the same problem.Just bought a new HP...
  3. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: How do I restore Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from properties notwithstanding that fact that \{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103{ was added to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\. Documents with a significant...
  4. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: How do I restore Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from properties notwithstanding that fact that \{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103{ was added to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\. Documents with a significant...
  5. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window: Hello,I have a problem:We used to use Roaming profiles and are now migrating to Onedrive, but when I turned off file sync and removed roaming profile from users in AD I noticed that I can change the location to default for music, videos and pictures, but not for documents...
  6. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window: Hello,I have a problem:We used to use Roaming profiles and are now migrating to Onedrive, but when I turned off file sync and removed roaming profile from users in AD I noticed that I can change the location to default for music, videos and pictures, but not for documents...
  7. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. No locations tab for documents when I click properties.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No locations tab for documents when I click properties.: Hi! This is my first post ever on Reddit, sadly it will be used to ask the question of, "How do I get my locations tab back when I click properties?" I've searched everywhere for this simple question but, I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I feel like my laptop...
  9. Location of my documents

Location of my documents: I just purchased a new HP Paviliona laptop with a 128 G SSD Drive C and a 1TB HD Drive D. It appears the default location for "My Documents" and "Outlook Folders" is on the C drive. SInce it is the smaller drive, I would rather put "My Documents" on the larger D drive. I...
  10. Location tab doesn't show up in my Documents folder properties/trying to relocate documents...

Location tab doesn't show up in my Documents folder properties/trying to relocate documents...: Hey guys. I just want to get it out of the way that I am not tech savvy in the slightest. So all of the space on my C: drive is completely taken up from a modded game that I have. I have way more storage on my D: drive so I'm trying to transfer all the files over to there....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my documents tab