Windows 10: Windows 10 my number lock key is shutting off by itself on start up, so Microsoft will not...

Discus and support Windows 10 my number lock key is shutting off by itself on start up, so Microsoft will not... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why is this suddenly happening? Everything was working fine and now I have the numbers lock key turning off and then Microsoft log in will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SheilaHarris2, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Windows 10 my number lock key is shutting off by itself on start up, so Microsoft will not...

Why is this suddenly happening?

Everything was working fine and now I have the numbers lock key turning off and

then Microsoft log in will not work automatically.

Now I have even 2 log in's, but nothing works.

:)

SheilaHarris2, Dec 12, 2018

2. Numbers key does not lock after installing windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to access number lock key form the keyboard after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please let us know with the following to assist you better:

1. Have you made any changes to the BIOS?

2. Is this issue confined only with the number lock key?

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now type Hardware Troubleshooter in the search option.

• Click on Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Try to update the drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Keyboard ">" symbol.

• Right-click on the device and click on Uninstall.

• Restart the computer so that the driver will be automatically updated

• Or you may contact the manufacturer's website and install the driver.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 12, 2018
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10 my number lock key is shutting off by itself on start up, so Microsoft will not...

number lock key is on but will not when start up on Windows 10

number lock key is on but will not when start up on Windows 10.

[Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10]

MsLeisaKing, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 my number lock key is shutting off by itself on start up, so Microsoft will not...

1. Windows 10 my number lock key is shutting off by itself on start up, so Microsoft will not... - Similar Threads - number lock key

2. HP Laptop Number Lock key turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Number Lock key turns off: This problem has plagued all computers that have the windows 10 and it's various versions numbers. It is not a startup problem. Never has been for me and probably never will. But for the life of the devil that possess my computers the num lock key just randomly decides to...
  3. My laptop keeps shutting itself off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keeps shutting itself off: My laptop is a Hewlett Packard 14s-dp1504na. This seems like a serious problem. If I leave my laptop for any length of time it just turns itself off. An example of this was when I turned the laptop over to read the model as written on the bottom, so that I could include the...
  4. my computer shuts off by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer shuts off by itself: when I am in the middle of anything, the computer shuts down, sometime 2 or 3 times in a row. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-shuts-off-by-itself/43529e2f-d12e-485f-9889-b3188933af18
  5. Number Lock Key

Number Lock Key: Whenever I sign off, the number lock key is deactivated, which didn't happen previously. How do I fix this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-lock-key/51cc0cda-abfd-43ec-8a53-a7f9c50fd94e
  6. Computer continually shuts itself off

Computer continually shuts itself off: Hi there, my PC that I had built last year has started shutting itself off at random and not rebooting after. I am fairly confident that it isn't a hardware issue after some investigation, so I'm wondering what I can do next. I see error logs in my event viewer but I honestly...
  7. Windows Shutting Off by Itself and Won't Start Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Shutting Off by Itself and Won't Start Up: Today, I was just doing normal stuff to my Windows 10 laptop, playing games, etc. Until, a random shutdown occurred. I don't know how did this happen, and I can't turn on my laptop anymore after the shutdown. Also, my laptop wouldn't even start up after an hour or two. This...
  8. Camera shuts on and off by itself repeatedly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera shuts on and off by itself repeatedly: Hi, In the Camera app, my camera turns on and off repeatedly. When using Skype or other camera services, my Camera turns on at first - and then shuts down. Could anyone help me fix this? Thanks! submitted by /u/Bustyvel [link] [comments]...
  9. 10 Key number lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    10 Key number lock: How can I keep the number lock on. I have a Logitech K750 keyboard and Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/10-key-number-lock/b6257643-79c8-433c-abfe-dc2efb5895de
  10. Windows starts up then shuts off my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows starts up then shuts off my computer: For some time now, but after a Windows Update, my computer turns off after starting Windows.. Sometimes it happens on the sign in screen, sometimes shortly after singing in. And even sometimes right after starting my computer. It seems like once it starts Windows it shuts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. number lock shuts off windows 10